Battlefield 2142 Goes Gold!

Man, I was actually getting a little excited about this release until I read all of the replies in this thread. I think what I'll do is wait until January (when my Work EXP semester begins). If they don't have their bugs sorted out by then, I just won't buy it.

When I saw that EA was getting a lot of community members involved in beta testing, I really wanted to believe that they had changed. We'll see, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

So anyone has the demo yet? (there's like 3 torrents for it already xD)

If so how is it? any bugs or annoying stuff?

Quite good so far:

1) had a few disconnects from the master server. Considering that EA servers are probably being hammered, I can understand the problem for the time being.

2) Titan mode was lacking. Gameplay was choppy inside of the ship....guess it had something to do with 20 people running in a small hallway :p Was too easy once you got inside of the ship....but I'm guessing that the global unlocks of mines and turret will add a little bit more challenge.

The titan mission reminds me of the aircraft carrier map on BF2SF. My new graphics card can run them both fine but I used to get very bad FPS while playing these before.