Mythbusters cancelled?

or theyre just part was through a season or through the end of the current season. afaik it's one of their most popular shows... they always have marathon's on sundays. every week there's a Mythbusters marathon.

or theyre just part was through a season or through the end of the current season. afaik it's one of their most popular shows... they always have marathon's on sundays. every week there's a Mythbusters marathon.

From noon-four central time is almost always Mythbusters on Sundays. I would be really upset if they cancelled it... that and Dirty Jobs...

From noon-four central time is almost always Mythbusters on Sundays. I would be really upset if they cancelled it... that and Dirty Jobs...

Yeah, I really like both of these shows. The only reason I watch that channeg, it is very entertaining and you actually gain something from watching them.

I heard this all over the net, and it would explain why the Discovery channel is doing Mythbuster marathons for the past two weekends. So is it true? Mythbusters is really gone?

and yet you don't bother providing one link to corroborate your claim?

yeah, I doubt the show will even change all that much

Indeed, there isn't much they could mess up. All they do is film the myths being tested for the director its a "point - shoot - check that we are covered by insurance". Not a whole lot could really be changed with the show.

We are talking about discovery here. Would they ever cancel a series. The only program i can think of that they have not carryed on doing is The Garage which was good but most of the staff left at the end.

And plus if the director is leaving so what? it's not much effort to get a director for the show. discovery has probley got tons of people in the lines who want the job.

I would be really upset if they cancelled it... that and Dirty Jobs...

yeah me too Mythbuster and Dirty Jobs and two of my favorite shows

well the next 3 episodes are as follows:

Killer Cable Snaps 10/11/2006

Concrete Glider 10/18/2006

Air Cylinder Rocket 10/25/2006

no mention of season 5.

OMG! NOOOO. It can't be cancelled. This show is aweosome! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Please, not these kinds of posts. Right now it's just an internet rumor with no credible evidence that it's going to be canceled. Doubt Discovery Channel would cancel one of it's most popular shows unless Jaime or Adam had some major kind of contract dispute where they couldn't work something out or pulled a Chappell. Doubt they would be stupid enough to give up the biggest gig of their lives though.

In my opinion, Discovery Channel has really gone in the toilet. The Learning Channel, too. I remember a number of years ago there was always something interesting on; something relevant to the world and the expansion of knowledge which Discovery is supposed to be about.

Now half the time there's just lame crap about people breaking into houses, fake forensics, stupid people winning a couple hundred bucks by answering trivia questions in a taxi or dorkwads building motorcycles.

Since when the hell does any of this have to do with anything? TLC is even worse. The only good thing on there is World's Worst Drivers, but that's only one at obscure times a couple times a month. Every other time it's people living in each other houses and intimate biographies of bipolar dogs. Learning Channel my ass. Learning to watch something else. It seems The History Channel is the only stronghold left for interesting, informative TV.

Edited by Sp3ctranova

^I've even given up on the history channel, I have seen way too many inaccurate specials on there and to me its starting to become the conservative version of history channel. The science channel is where its at now if you want informative TV, the rest is crap.