Some minor changes cometh!

The forums just died then :(.

Yeah, that was just another small change which will help with the speed overall, it's done now. Just be aware there may be further periods like that over the next few days while we get things worked out.

If you look at the bottom of the forum on the left, in front of the skin chooser (only members see skin chooser) you will see a new shiny RSS feeds button.

That syndicates the 10 most recent items in Back Page News..

No.. post bumping does not put your topic at the top of the RSS feed pile again

Think of it as an extended front page, our news doesn't keep bumping back up after every comment and thats how this works too.

That makes a lot more sense than it used to be. :yes:

Good to be back, not sure what everyone was talking about "a quick update" it seemed to take atleast 12 hours (possibly more, I guess I was pining for it to come back so I could keep spamming it up :p )

Nice improvements. Loads much faster! I like the fact that we no longer see the "redirecting" page! (Y) (Y) (Y) Was a very speedy update, but is good to be back in business :yes: .

Glad to see the new RSS option, I think I'll be trying it out! :D

Also, the site seems to load much faster now for me than it ever did. Keep up with the optimizations guys! :cool:

I found an easter egg! :happy:

"Last member submitted Back Page News"

The link for BPN has a tooltip: "News that might be cool enough to make the front page". Nice one. :laugh:

^It doesn't make gramatical sense now.

grammatical. :D

and I'm sure it does :s unless we're being really pedantic and going "Last member-submitted Back Page News".

Anyways, that confirmation thing after full edits going is so much better :)

Nice improvements - this site seems faster.

still apache? ... mmm You should really try lighttd :p

That's the third time you have mentioned that. As I said before apache performance was not the source of our problems.

Whatever the source of your problems was, things are looking a lot better now. :D

(Although posting still seems to be rather slow. Oh well.)

I clicked the page and it actually loaded quite quickly...impressive :p.

Can't see any improvements here. Still takes upwards of 30 seconds to display a new page when you click on the link :(

That's the third time you have mentioned that. As I said before apache performance was not the source of our problems.

I know, and hope it's not annoying but you would be amazed how fast neowin would be.

We (a site with 12.5 Million page hits (!= Page Impressions)) were amazed,too and kicked apache out.

We tried lighttpd a few years ago. I know it has come a long way since then but I'm not convinced it's as stable as Apache.