Dell 2007WFP

Thanks for updating the pics! I have a question about the "Color Settings" mode. The color adjustment item must be the setting that changes the temperature settings found on other monitors, right? For example, 6500k, 9300k, and sRGB. I'm guessing the "Normal" setting must be the sRGB setting. Please correct me if I'm wrong here since I haven't used many LCD monitors with these types of settings yet.

Also, what does the "Image Modes" menu do? For example, what affect does the desktop mode setting have over the image compared to multimedia mode? Does it do something with the colors displayed? Or does it have more to do with aspect ratios and such?

Also, I read somewhere that refresh rates don't really matter when using an LCD monitor. Can anyone tell the difference when running at 60hz or 75hz on an LCD like we can on a CRT?

Edited by Arckon

there isnt any difference using 75hz or 60hz -maybe on cheap TFTs using TN film panels there may be a difference but on this type of panel there is no difference.

You are right about the colour modes and the image modes just enhance or darken the screens contrast/brightness and gamma according to the mode you are in. I fnd desktop the best though!

Hmm... This review has made me consider to purchase the 2007WFP for my MacBook. Looking at the Dell website, they are currently selling it for A$599 down from A$849 which is pretty good. I'm just wondering, have those colour banding issues been fixed and are dead/stuck pixels a frequent problem with Dell monitors? Thanks.

Hmm... This review has made me consider to purchase the 2007WFP for my MacBook. Looking at the Dell website, they are currently selling it for A$599 down from A$849 which is pretty good. I'm just wondering, have those colour banding issues been fixed and are dead/stuck pixels a frequent problem with Dell monitors? Thanks.

Mine came with no dead/stuck pixels at all (tested using UDpixel) and there doesn't appear to be any banding issues that would otherwise cause concern (i'm uncertain ars to the digital interpretation of gadient banding via a digital camera in my photos though as the lens/sensor etc all account for it.

Either way it's super excellent, no ghosting or anything at all, 8ms panel too (newer LG Philips S-IPS)

Btw, if anyone is wandering what Freeview TV looks like on this, it's superb! I would go as far as to say it exceeds many DVD movies at this fullscreen res!

observationsdvbtil3.th.jpg

Ordered mine a few days ago (also ?302) and should get it in a week or so (can't wait!):DD

My friend got one recently and it just looks so damn nice I couldn't resist:pp

Good stuff mate! are you using plug and play drivers or the dell driver btw ?

So far I've just been using the Plug and Play drivers.

Everything looks good so far. Maybe I'll install the Dell driver just for fun. :p

So far I've just been using the Plug and Play drivers.

Everything looks good so far. Maybe I'll install the Dell driver just for fun. :p

I'm hesitant just in case the colours change!

Getting a brand new one of these as a RMA replacement to my 2005. Should be here in around 5 days - i may write a mini review myself. Lets just see how it goes.

Umm..How do I rotate the screen? I tried to..but I think I'm missing something here... :wacko:

:laugh:

Rotate it clockwise (it's quite stiff, in a good way) then use your nvidia nview options to enable the rotate feature mapped to hotkeys!

I do it like this:

Getting a brand new one of these as a RMA replacement to my 2005. Should be here in around 5 days - i may write a mini review myself. Lets just see how it goes.

that's how i got mine.

5 days? You must have not sounded important enough over the phone. They did 2nd day air shipping for me. THey even called every day to see if it'd arrived yet, and to see if i had any new complaints.

After reading this thread some more, I have some more questions.

1. Does the dot pitch on LCD's make the same amount of difference than they do on CRT's? I remember when I had a .27 dot pitch and then going to a .25 and it made a pretty big difference. But then again, I went from a 17 inch to a 19 inch monitor.

2. I see some wide screen monitors have aspect ratios of 16:9 and some 16:10. What's the deal with this? Does it really matter? Do the 16:10's stretch the movie to fill the screen or is there some black bars above and below the movie?

3. Does the 2007WFP support HDCP? I don't think I have seen much reference to this for this particular model.

4. What about gaming at resolutions lower than the native res? Does the image still look pretty good?

that's how i got mine.

5 days? You must have not sounded important enough over the phone. They did 2nd day air shipping for me. THey even called every day to see if it'd arrived yet, and to see if i had any new complaints.

I had to speak to the manager etc. Mines been built in the factory and sent to me - it will be brand new off the production line. Im also in UK not usre if you are.

After reading this thread some more, I have some more questions.

1. Does the dot pitch on LCD's make the same amount of difference than they do on CRT's? I remember when I had a .27 dot pitch and then going to a .25 and it made a pretty big difference. But then again, I went from a 17 inch to a 19 inch monitor.

2. I see some wide screen monitors have aspect ratios of 16:9 and some 16:10. What's the deal with this? Does it really matter? Do the 16:10's stretch the movie to fill the screen or is there some black bars above and below the movie?

3. Does the 2007WFP support HDCP? I don't think I have seen much reference to this for this particular model.

4. What about gaming at resolutions lower than the native res? Does the image still look pretty good?

Good "insomnia" morning! I will try to answer your questions as best I can :)

1: I think it makes a small difference on text but at the end of the day it's largely down to panel type and not dot pitch - I have not researched into this aspect though as panel type almost exclusively dictates end results.

2: 16:10 one will have a tiny bar on the top and bottom of the movie, it won't stretch it unless you force the player to stretch it but by default it respects the movies aspect ratio - more games however support 16:10 than 16:9 and the windows desktop is better with 16:10 due to it being bigger resolution.

So to wrap 2 up, 16:10 is the ideal choice.

3: It supports HDCP via the DVI connection but there isn't any way to use it until HD movies are out and Vista is out :)

4: Image looks as good as it does on say a 19" TFT or 17" tft at native res (1280x1024) - you can use the OSD to scale the resolution to 1:1 or fill the centre with pillars on left/right of black bars or to stretch when a non native res is used.

I had to speak to the manager etc. Mines been built in the factory and sent to me - it will be brand new off the production line. Im also in UK not usre if you are.

Yup mine took 5 days too, and it did go through production as well!

like the original poster said i believe they are around 302. You could try calling them and mentioning how it was discounted before but you waited until you had the money and now its no longer on sale. They might give you the sale price.