Dell 2007WFP

Well im just full of imformation. :)

Dell UK is currently giving away a free 15inch LCD E156FP.

with either 2007Wfp or 3007WFP.

Although if anyone has the previous exact sale price UK or coupons for the 2007fwp that'll be cool.

I too noticed the new model (E207WFP) that MillionVoltss posted about. I might consider buying this because it's substantially cheaper and I don't really need the USB, S-Video, and Composite connectors anyway. The only thing I'm wondering is if it's an IPS panel like the 2007WFP. The response time on it is 5 ms, and to me, that looks like TN-Film response times. So I'm going to have to wait for some reviews on this new model to help me determine whether or not the difference in price for higher end model would be worth it because of superior quality.

the 16ms response time is more like an 8ms for that monitor, even playing nfs most wanted i still dont get ghosting.

That's because it is 8ms :)

I'm sticking with my flawless Apple Cinema Display (16ms instead of 8ms on the Dell-but no difference that I can see in gaming).

I just got this as a replacement to my 2005, it has color banding :( so i told them it has color banding even on an A02 revision and now they sending me a 2407! w00t!

I just got this as a replacement to my 2005, it has color banding :( so i told them it has color banding even on an A02 revision and now they sending me a 2407! w00t!

:o I'm gonna keep this one a year or so and because it has 3 year warranty phone up mid way and complain about banding, see what model they send me!

:o I'm gonna keep this one a year or so and because it has 3 year warranty phone up mid way and complain about banding, see what model they send me!

Well i had 5 replacement 2005s with bleeding and i got annoyed so the manager told me 2005 is now end of life and 2405s are end of life and only have refurbished models so i asked for a 2007 and then i got banding so i told them it was the latest revision and now a 2407 will be here wednesday :)

WOW! OMG! That is so nice! i even watched the video and looked at all the pics he linked to in the original post lol. Just curious.. price drop any time soon? I'm about to get a job lol. Also... I saw all the video hook ups and the one audio port [as well as the USBs etc] but will the xbox 360 plug into this monitor easily? I know the video cable will do just fine plugging in, but what about audio?

I am waiting on my new 24 in Dell 2407FPW Ultrasharp? Flat Panel Monitor. I usually buy right, even if it?s expensive because it generally a long time between upgrades. I am finally replacing my 5 year old IIyama Vision Master Pro 450 which was top of the line back then.

I was totally unhappy with the support from Dell on this. They have no idea on how the monitor is supposed to operate. I sent mine back.

The screen in 1920x1200 shows the icons in the system tray as pixely. If you didn?t know what the icons were, you would have no idea.

In the web browser the animations were not smooth in texture.

Playing a DVD showed the picture as not smooth in texture, I guess it would be shading.

I have an IIyama Pro 450 and the graphics on it is far better then that of the Dell. The only thing about the Dell that was definitely better was the sharpness of the colors. Far better then my IIyama, only because it?s on its last leg.

I guess I'm a little disappointed in the LCD quality compared to my CRT. I want my LCD to have the same quality as my CRT.

Even the text in Word was pixely. In my IIyama the characters flowed smoothly and you could see no pixels that created the character. Were as on the dell in 1920x1200 you could see all the pixels that created the character

It's possible that I had it out of adjustment but Dell couldn't help me.

In my IIyama I use 1600x1200 and the text is almost too small to see for some. On the Dell in 1920x1200 the text and everything on the screen looked like it was definitely in a larger display.

After doing some research I believe the BenQ FP241W is a better monitor, according to the specs. It might cost $100-$200 more but should be worth it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16824014124

I was totally unhappy with the support from Dell on this. They have no idea on how the monitor is supposed to operate. I sent mine back.

The screen in 1920x1200 shows the icons in the system tray as pixely. If you didn?t know what the icons were, you would have no idea.

In the web browser the animations were not smooth in texture.

Playing a DVD showed the picture as not smooth in texture, I guess it would be shading.

I have an IIyama Pro 450 and the graphics on it is far better then that of the Dell. The only thing about the Dell that was definitely better was the sharpness of the colors. Far better then my IIyama, only because it?s on its last leg.

I guess I'm a little disappointed in the LCD quality compared to my CRT. I want my LCD to have the same quality as my CRT.

What probably happened was you set all the fonts to be larger in Windows XP when your Dell was hooked up. That would cause all of the problems that you were describing and is not a problem with the monitor.

After doing some research I believe the BenQ FP241W is a better monitor, according to the specs. It might cost $100-$200 more but should be worth it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16824014124

how much research did you do? :blink: the BenQ FP241W is the same monitor as the Dell 2004WFP... all dell LCD's are BenQ created just rebranded as Dell.

anyways what you saw you will see with all monitors! you either had your DPI set higher then the normal DPI or had large fonts... which will do the same "pixelation" thing you saw in windows on all monitors