Neowin.net Xbox Community Leaderboards

welcome home pixel.

bahahahaha threefive, it'll never last! hey why don't you play more of the arcade titles, some of them make for great play and easy pointage, too.

It's too bad the progress of each player cannot be seen on the leader board. I blasted my way back to 23rd just to have it taken away by sweetpoison who marked at least 300 points.

Alright, time to hunt pinatas ...

I love the rivalry between Neoadorable and SHoTTa35. I can't wait for the next episode.

heh heh thanks for noticing, Vykranth! and what do you mean track each player, as in a chart? that's an interesting idea, but clueless as to how something like that might be achieved.

speaking of achievement, my good friend threefive is right now busy trying to suss out those last gamerscores outta GoW. i told the guy before: arcade. that's where the easy points at! he's too busy with fenix and co.

welcome aboard, skiver!

hehe. don't you worry man.. i finally got my points replaced from this thread:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=516548

so i got 1600 to buy some games plus i got the 3 buger king games so that's another 600 points right there. :) I'll be catching him and passing him soon enough (gotta get live again, mine expired so i'm silver again)

heh heh thanks for noticing, Vykranth! and what do you mean track each player, as in a chart? that's an interesting idea, but clueless as to how something like that might be achieved.

Yup, A chart. Each week, we could see the progress of each player, the number of points or achievements they gained.

We have already the most popular games of the week.

You just have to save the status of the leader board on Monday and make the difference on the next Monday.

This way, we could have the "Top of the Noobs" and the "Top of the Pros".

That Leaderboard hasn't updated me for quite some time, how come?

I had the same problem once I joined DargashX's leaderboard. I had to regenerate the gamercard on the mygamercard.net front page to have it updated.

Hope this helps.

I had the same problem once I joined DargashX's leaderboard. I had to regenerate the gamercard on the mygamercard.net front page to have it updated.

Hope this helps.

Ah, it worked!

Thanks mate (Y)

hey threefive you should be able to zoom waay past me now...i didn't get any of the achieves i was going for last session. rats and damnation!

hehe.. i didn't zoom past you but i did past you :) I got about 80 points today alone.... got 2 more games plus 1600 points still remaining, not sure what to buy just yet..

christ. you're right tho. some of these are crazy high while others are a lot of work for ten points.

threefive how did you manage to get your MS points back?

i bought it at gamestop and talked to them a few times about it... called MS and they also told me to take it back to the store. They have a system there that can check if the card has been used even if the pin is scratched. The guy from MS told me they don't ship the cards already activated, they are in the stores. If someone stole a bunch of those cards they wouldn't be able to do smack since they can't activate them.... unless they work at gamestop or one of those stores anyways. The barcode on the back, they scan when they get in the store and that's what activates the card.

So i told the guy all that and he was just either tired of me or something cuz i called and he said yeah just bring it back for an even exchange. I did, didn't even show my receipt.... i dunno... but that was $20 i couldn't just go down the tube like that.

As for how i got about 80 points, well it was playing Pocketbike. I got the over Big Air one (over 50 meters),The one where you gotta win with each character and i got the one just to complete the tournament .... i finally got the Big Air one when i saw the tip about boosting using your "cone meter" or whatever it's called... i boosted and flew 55M :)

Oh and by the way, 80 points a day is nothing apparently..... check out 360voice.com for their daily gamerscore change leaderboard:

http://360voice.com/leader-gsc.asp

Some guy yesterday had 7000+ points in 1 day! Today the highest i see is this:

Smoke912

Gamerscore: 12533 Change from yesterday: 5681

Total Games Played: 20

Yikes!!!

glad you worked out the points issue...sucks spending all that money then having the frustration of codes not working etc. i took to buying points only thru live, tho, it's so much easier (but at the risk of having your CC open like that...then again what can they buy cept Live stuff?).

anyway, too bad you changed your pic...we looked like a line up next to each other before!

and 7000 points in one day? i don't even want to think about how that happened. then again, that's living the gamer life if there ever was one...just imagine the effort it took!

and 7000 points in one day? i don't even want to think about how that happened. then again, that's living the gamer life if there ever was one...just imagine the effort it took!

He/she must have been playing offline for several weeks and beat the games offline.

Several games have 100 or 150 points achievements:

F.E.A.R.: Complete the campaign without dying: 150 points (Still chasing after that one).

GOW has a lot of points for the solo campaign too.

When you complete games like Dead Rising, it's easy to score 400 points on your first game because there are plenty of very easy achievements.

During the winter holiday, I scored about 800 points (Yeah, I am a no-lifer too) but most of the achievements I have access to are beyond reach or too frustrating:

I'll guess I'll wait for Lost Planet.

Fight Night Round 3: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/home/sh...l&gameID=61

King Kong: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/home/sh...l&gameID=71

So far the two easiest games that I know of so far to get an easy 1K points per game. Haven't seen any others or heard about them.

Also looking for someone to help get the Dom Achievement's in GOW, I still got to do Hardcore/Insane so would like to do that, but a quick session through casual to get 'em would be great.

i still need to get the final DOM acheivement too (play the whole game as him) I wonder if there's a shortcut for that... just play the last level as DOM and kill RAAM?? Hmm.... gotta try that..

I gotta get some of those older games too, just gotta go rumage thru the cheapo bins :)

Vykranth: yeah, it didn't occur to me they may have played offline for a while then uploaded the difference. i'm always online myself, as most people are.

800 points in one day is likewise amazing, and if i hear one more time that enjoying gaming to the hilt is "having no life" i'll go and buy a racing game. please don't make me do it! i can only wish for a long enough stretch of gaming like that.

thanks for all the easy-point game tips, but i've reached a decision after almost trashing my new LCD screen with the controller over the Year 2001 award in Time Pilot. man these points are really addictive but shouldn't be the goal, rather a side benefit, especially since most 360 titles are so freakin hard (for me).

so threefive, i'm gonna be the Al Gore of this contest from now on!