Photo

[Release] Universal UXTheme Patcher v2.1

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#16 OP flyakite

flyakite

Sweet Zombie Jesus

Posted 14 October 2006 - 19:50

Such a big word for edited text, huh? Who actually want to blame you for making one more patcher? There're plenty ones out there already even before I made it. Don't take it so personally, dude. Anyway, there's bug in your patcher. If user runs it multiple times, PendingFileRenameOperations registry will be appended again and uxtheme.dll file will be lost.

Uhh what? Okay I changed it to say "What is different from this and WindowsX' patcher?" The reason I even put the info in the release at all is because if I don't everyone's first comment is "What's different about yours from WindowsX' version?" I'm not saying yours sucks, I'm saying why I made mine, and what it does differently than yours. I also made mine originally for internal use with FlyakiteOSX, so I wouldn't have to rely on other people to keep their patchers updated and so that it could be run silently. Since then I've released the tool publicly and have been trying to keep it as updated as possible.

I don't think yours sucks, but there are definitely flaws, most notably Windows File Protection dialogs and NT Setup file warnings.

Also, as to the PendingFileRenameOperations business, I just tested it by running the patcher 4 times without restarting, so I had 4 sets of entries in PendingFileRenameOperations. Restarted, still had Luna. Downloaded a 3rd-party VS, and it worked fine. You do NOT lose uxtheme.dll. Actually test it before you comment please.

Edited by flyakite, 14 October 2006 - 20:11.

#17 Rafael

Rafael

Neowinian

Posted 15 October 2006 - 00:28

WindowsX,

flyakite has developed the only patcher that patches the correct bytes, 100% of the time. All the other patchers out there, including your own, search for a hard-coded pattern of bytes. As I've told you before, this method puts the user at risk of patching the wrong set of bytes. :no:

#18 sy64

sy64

Neowinian

Posted 28 October 2006 - 22:51

hey flyakite this works like a dream. I've tried several patchers and they haven't worked but this did the trick, thanks

#19 ShadowVlican

ShadowVlican

Neowinian

Posted 29 October 2006 - 00:20

good stuff

an alternative to UXTheme Multi-Patcher 5.0

#20 CoolCatBad

CoolCatBad

I friend you.

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:59

Brilliant, works flawlessly.

#21 breakfastclub

breakfastclub

Konichiwa !

Posted 30 October 2006 - 09:42

Thanks alot, Flyakite ! :yes:

#22 Elessar

Elessar

Professional Daydreamer

Posted 18 December 2006 - 18:11

I ran the patcher, restarted. Place the msstyle in the resources folder under windows...nothing. Restarted thinking it had to refresh?...still nothing. Any suggestions :)

*Edit: never mind, it was just the theme i was trying to install...was nice too :( :p

Edited by Elessar, 18 December 2006 - 18:36.

#23 Slapback

Slapback

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:20

This is my first post on this forum, so excuse my ignorance. I'm assuming this Theme Patcher can be implemented into a good unattended install (my definition of good may differ from yours).

I got a late start on the whole unattended install bit, so I'm still working on making an unattended install disk that does everything. I've hit a lot of roadblocks, but --thus far-- there have been work-around. For instance, on Microsofts knowledge base site, it said that XP wouldn't boot and install from a DVD.... not true. It can be done.

The purpose is to have the unattended install, updates, hotfixes (if needed), configuration, and third party security software all installed using one disc with no interaction. Getting closer. Third party security software has taken some time to get familiar with the command line switches for proper install using some batch file(s), and then the batch file has to pull a script to set the 3rd party prog up with the correct options. I found it intriguing at first, but now just want to have something that works.

Sorry to ramble, the question was: Can this (any of these "theme changers" be implemented directly using the unattended crap (automated supplied by MS), or will I be writing more batch files?

#24 Chandler_90

Chandler_90

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 13 February 2007 - 22:43

Hi :)

My first post so be gentle!

I just tried to use the Neowin UXTheme Multi-Patcher v4.0 to allow a female friend to use the Quevista style on her PC but it brings up a error stating something about a 16 bit MSDOS subsystem...

Any ideas what could have caused this?
Also.. will this patcher be a better option?

Thanks for any help :)

#25 Sionic Ion

Sionic Ion

It is upon us

Posted 20 February 2007 - 23:38

Request for support on Version 6.0.3790.2825, or short, Windows Home Server. Thanks!

#26 baineteo

baineteo

Neowinian

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:31

How do I uninstall this thing? Tried running the patch again but doesn't work.

#27 desss

desss

Neowinian

Posted 06 March 2007 - 21:15

THX, but not work in windows server 2003 R2 x64 standard edition :(

Here is original files "uxtheme.dll", maybe some body could patch it
http://d.turboupload...2k3x64.zip.html

sory 4 my english ;)
cheers

#28 Angel Blue01

Angel Blue01

Neowinian/Star Wars freak

Posted 06 March 2007 - 21:21

The purpose is to have the unattended install, updates, hotfixes (if needed), configuration, and third party security software all installed using one disc with no interaction. Getting closer. Third party security software has taken some time to get familiar with the command line switches for proper install using some batch file(s), and then the batch file has to pull a script to set the 3rd party prog up with the correct options. I found it intriguing at first, but now just want to have something that works.

Nlite includes an option to patch your uxtheme.dll and more options you might useful in creating your unattended disc

#29 Sephora

Sephora

Neowinian

Posted 07 March 2007 - 17:50

Thanks, worked perfectly.

Multi-patcher 4.0 (at the time I wasn't aware of 5.0) failed to patch a new version of XP w/ SP2 and all Feb. patches slipstreamed.
I was getting explorer.exe crashes everytime I opened a Windows Explorer window.

This worked great; and no Windows File Protection!

#30 dariop

dariop

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 21 March 2007 - 15:01

It didn't work with current XP SP2 x64 (6.0.3790.3959)

I will wait for feedback, thanks.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!