OMG, I got a warning! Now what?

I had my ability to change my info or use an avatar like 2 yrs ago for using a pic too big, and im still waiting for that to be lifted lol

You'll need to contact a staffer for that. Preferably the same one that restricted your profile.

You'll need to contact a staffer for that. Preferably the same one that restricted your profile.

it was 2 yrs ago i dont know who did it. and i have contacted people long ago and still nothing. the warning level i dont care about cause it reminds me that i have defended myself but the avatar thing is kinda lame.

I was issued my last warning one year ago, and I STILL have a warning level. I was denied changing my nick because of the warning level. I also didnt renew my subscription because they wouldnt let me change my nick.

Well I know you well enough so I think the warning level is right for you. LOL jk ;)

Well i know i haven't had a warning in over 6months and I still haven't lost any 20% is this auto-unwarn thing working? it seems like a LOT of people have had issues.

Here's an idea I'd like to throw-out to the fmods & Admins; how about setting up a system that would allow for the reduction of warning levels based on "helpful posts", as in helping a user solve a technical problem or question or posting helpfull information for all users or critical "news" items?

If that would be the case, my current warning level would easily be zero - but due to my utter frustration at some politically-charged posts I didn't think before I spoke/typed/posted. :cry:

--ScottKin

Well i know i haven't had a warning in over 6months and I still haven't lost any 20% is this auto-unwarn thing working? it seems like a LOT of people have had issues.

As stated in the first post, no, it is not.

Here's an idea I'd like to throw-out to the fmods & Admins; how about setting up a system that would allow for the reduction of warning levels based on "helpful posts", as in helping a user solve a technical problem or question or posting helpfull information for all users or critical "news" items?

If that would be the case, my current warning level would easily be zero - but due to my utter frustration at some politically-charged posts I didn't think before I spoke/typed/posted. :cry:

--ScottKin

Being helpful doesn't put someone above the rules.

Being helpful doesn't put someone above the rules.

Plus, we don't want to encourage members to suck up and we don't want mods to play favourites.

I don't see what the big deal is. So you get warned, and they're having problems with the system that removes warnings, so what? As long as it's not affecting your ability to post/see the forums, I don't see any reason to be complaining. Just keep it civil and you have nothing to worry about. I've been at 20% for quite some time and I don't have any problems with it.

-Spenser

I've had my warning so long I dont give a **** anymore. I asked one of the mods to lower it so I could change my username but they told me I'd have to wait for the system to start working correctly again. I WAS once a paying member of the site, but since they didn't want to lower my warning level even well after a year I received my last warning I decided not to continue my subscription.

I've been at 80% for a while and now seem not to care that munch anymore. Sure I'd like my warning to go down and I wish they can fix the system, so I can change my name, but thats life i guess.

BS! i havent seen my warning level go down by 20%... i swear ive been at 60% for like a year now.

I'm guessing you didn't bother reading the thread?

Some of you guys are taking it way too far. You know you are on a lower warning than it shows, so why dont you think that? does it take a stupid graphic to show you that? I know i should be on 20 or 0% (cant remember) and it shows im on 40%, but it i know im on lower, so im not bothered what the thing shows me.

Now if you want to change your username, just be patient for god sakes. I really doubt it will take a click of a button to get this system working, so just chillax for a bit.

Now if you want to change your username, just be patient for god sakes. I really doubt it will take a click of a button to get this system working, so just chillax for a bit.

I love that word!!

This wan't really on the topic of the gay/ghey thread, so I'll post it here.

Is it considered report-worthy to report a post that calls something retarded?

It is quite offensive to individuals that do endure a debilitating mental disability, and to their families. One of my warnings was due to my response in IRC when an individual was taking the mocking of such individuals WAY too far. I've even seen staff members mocking the term "Asperger's syndrome".

I have my own reasons to find this offensive that, quite frankly, I shall not share with a public forum.

I know I've been kind of gruff on here once in a while, but (knock on wood) I've never gotten a warning!

I don't think, anyway.? :shifty:

Edit:

At leat my warning level is at 0% right now!!