OMG, I got a warning! Now what?

I'm on 40% warn and I have to say I am really not bothered by it at all, but I have to ask....what is the point of having the warning system if it doesn't actually do anything? People are on 100% and they're not banned, probably due to the problem that you can't be sure if 20% of that warning is greater than 6months old or whatever, so really what is the point in having it?

Because theres nobody on a 120% warn..they are banned.

100% of a warn means..one more and ur done son.

You are correct that nobody has a 120% warn but it isn't always "one warning after 100% and you are banned". Sometimes people get banned before they make it to 100%. It just depends on the circumstances and the actual problems they have caused.

I'm at 80%. If I believed in the "be a bigger man and walk away" then I'd be at 0%. But I don't. I sorta get like a dog with a bone (heh) and not so much have to have the last word, but I will just not tollerate the idiocy and disrespect that some people show, and drop to their levels.

But hey, this really sorta is Neobond's little ball, and if we wanna play then we sorta play by his rules I guess.

Now, 3 months ago, I would have argued that certain mods were 100% definately showing signs of grudges, prefering their own beliefs, etc.

But thankfully, I think it's calmed down a lot, and I reckon it's become a nicer place again :)

this really sorta is Neobond's little ball, and if we wanna play then we sorta play by his rules I guess.

You want to play with Neobonds balls?

Im sure thats one way of gettin your warn decreased. :laugh:

Edited by snyper

You want to play Neobonds balls?

Im sure thats one way of gettin your warn decreased. :laugh:

LOL :laugh:

So the ones that are on Warn, can't message a mod. to have their display name changed if user already has a name in mind and its alright with the mod?

Nope.

Can we at least get it down to 80; I'm hanging by a thread here!

the vista forums are way diferent. we have manuall warns. but the marjordy of the users are all on 0%. I can't see why we cant lower the warns manualy. how hard is that?

the vista forums are way diferent. we have manuall warns. but the marjordy of the users are all on 0%. I can't see why we cant lower the warns manualy. how hard is that?

The vast majority of our members are at 0% too. We can do manual warns but there is the question of fairness and favoritism. The squeakiest wheels would get the grease and we don't want to encourage members to suck up.

For anyone out there wondering... I have 100% and was suspended for like 3 days. Only thing that bugs me is being unable to edit my profile and stuff. I don't really plan on sticking around here for 2 more years to get to 0 though, not really that important to me. It's been something like 200 days since my last warn :/

The vista forums have only 3000 members and 25,000 posts... a bit easier for you guys... we've got a lot more than 3000 members and 25,000 posts to do manual reductions.

We can, but why would we? Most boards don't reduce at all. We automated a system for reductions, and when it comes online again, people who are due for a reduction will get one.

I heard IPB 2.2 will feature a new updated warning system, why not just wait till then? ( now this is not me complaing about having a warn, its me talking about the warning system, since I now work with the IPB )

The excuse "Most forums don't reduce warns etc" is stupid imho.

Neowin does, but because of a system issue, you arn't. That means you should be doing it, otherwise, there should be something said that states "Neowin will not reduce your warn"