Airport Card Or Base

ok I for college next year I already found out that their going to be one broadband connection between the two of us and I have a laptop and my bestfriend has a imac. My question is, is it possible for him to setup airport card in his to share internet with my laptop while I'm not connected to the router between us? I'm putting in a wifi card in mine. I know I could try a wifi base to do it but I'm just trying to see if I can do it a bit cheaper with just a airport card. Can it be done?

I'm not too clear if your laptop is a mac or not. I know that macs can share their internet connection via airport very easy, so yes, if he has an airport card in his mac, and is connected to the net, then he can easily set it so that another mac can share that connection. Now if you don't have a mac laptop you can still share his internet connection via airport, I just don't know how easy it will be to setup on your end...XP is a ###### for networking pc to pc.

jesse ;-)

My laptop has xp home I've setup internet sharing at home in my wireless home network with xp, so I know about it. But by what your saying you can setup his imac if a airport card was in it to share internet. That's good at least I know that he can set that up. I wanted to know this just because I know that wifi cards and the airport cards both run 802.11b so that got me to think maybe a possibility.