Nv30 Brand Name Revealed

I saw this over at Warp2Search.

The official name that will be given to the graphics cards based on the NV30 chip will be GeforceFX. All you people who were hoping it would be Geforce 5 can hope no more. ;)

This wasn't 100% confirmed by NVIDIA, but why would they, since they like to keep these things secretive. However, according to various sources over the Internet, this looks like the name NVIDIA will be going with. I believe they will announce this on Monday, November 18.

The NVIDIA GeforceFX features 8 rendering pipelines, each with 2 TMUs on it, DirectX 9 support, 256/128-bit DDR SDRAM memory controller, AGP 8x, and plenty technical innovations in video cards. The Pixel and Vertex Shader features that this card offers exceed even those provided by the target DirectX 9.0 platform.

NVIDIA will only be able to deliver the next-generation highly-anticipated NV30 graphics processors in January or February of 2003.

Check out the story here.

Note: The site with this story is running a bit slow right now because it looks like many people are trying to access it.

tis sad this information is completely FALSE, the geforcefx.com referred to in the xbitlabs article is not even owned by NVIDIA when you do a WHOIS on it, and infact the page now says "P.S. This site is not affiliated with NVIDIA =)" and nvnews.net has confirmed this information to be false too. The name of NV30 will not use "GeForce" in it.

geforcefx doesn't even sound that good. :x

I'll agree with you there, but is the name really all that important? AMD's choice to use Opteron was not that great in my opinion, but who cares, because it's still going to be a great product.

(NVIDIA): Have you tried Doom 3?

Electronic Punk: yeah

Electronic Punk: but the system I have is definatly not optimised for that alpha

(NVIDIA): Figured you would have ;)

Electronic Punk: 3 days to download on dialup

Electronic Punk: thats how much I wanted to try it

Electronic Punk: :D

Electronic Punk: Guess nvidia have a more recent build..

Electronic Punk: hows the nv30 run it :)

(NVIDIA): Can't say

(NVIDIA): Sorry

Electronic Punk: Thought not :)

(NVIDIA): Monday you will know everything

I saw this over at Warp2Search.

The official name that will be given to the graphics cards based on the NV30 chip will be GeforceFX. All you people who were hoping it would be Geforce 5 can hope no more. ;)

This wasn't 100% confirmed by NVIDIA, but why would they, since they like to keep these things secretive. However, according to various sources over the Internet, this looks like the name NVIDIA will be going with. I believe they will announce this on Monday, November 18.

The NVIDIA GeforceFX features 8 rendering pipelines, each with 2 TMUs on it, DirectX 9 support, 256/128-bit DDR SDRAM memory controller, AGP 8x, and plenty technical innovations in video cards. The Pixel and Vertex Shader features that this card offers exceed even those provided by the target DirectX 9.0 platform.

NVIDIA will only be able to deliver the next-generation highly-anticipated NV30 graphics processors in January or February of 2003.

Check out the story here.

Note: The site with this story is running a bit slow right now because it looks like many people are trying to access it.

cineFX~GeforceFX

makes sense to meeeeeeeeee ;)

Electronic Punk: but the system I have is definatly not optimised for that alpha

then jesus popped in the room asking if anyone wanted cake

then jesus popped in the room asking if anyone wanted cake

LMAO!!!!!!

GeforceFX? Sounds like GeforceMX. People will get little confused of model branding.

That is true, but NVIDIA has confused buyers with names before. For example, The Geforce 4 MX series of cards are worse than any Geforce 3 card in existence, but the Geforce 4 MX's came out later than the Geforce 3's, and 4 is higher than 3, so it had some people confused.

I pulled the guys name, but it was a real conversation.

Contacted me via AIM to fix a bug in nvdvd (macrovision error with directx9), also told him about the cotrol panel fix in Detonator4.x (they thought they had it fixed in 41.03)

nv301.jpg

Thats from that movie last night...

Call it BS if you like, doesn't effect me.

thaught id point u all to this

http://www.warp2search.net/article.php?sid...=thread&order=0

quite interesting...and especially the screenshots at the bottom! (Before - After)

i think it must be true...

if u goto www.nvidia.com and type sumthin in the search box like jibberish such as 'dkasdjsak' it will say "No results matching your seach criteria were found."

type in Geforce FX - Nothing happens - Blank Page!! :cool: mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...i think we're on to sumthin :D :D

Ok. At this point I'm about 95% convinced that it will indeed be called Geforce FX. They were supposed to drop the Geforce name with this one, but I guess they just figured, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it," so they will probably be keeping the name. They did finally drop the numbering scheme though, so there almost surely won't be a Geforce 5.