Windows Vista Post Release Project in the works

I seriously doubt any big change will occur. Im a little surprised about the sound themes though. There was quite a bit of info on the new sounds a while back from the channel 9 site. I never installed vista, does it just use xp sounds?

So if there is any change I suspect it would be the sound themes and a few more background pics.

-d

Brandon so will you be using vista on your home system soon as it is RTM and or final.

" Wonders if any or at all of Microsoft Vista teams are ruunning Nvidias G80s and some nice DX10 goodness game demos"

" Wonders if any or at all of Microsoft Vista teams are ruunning Nvidias G80s and some nice DX10 goodness game demos"

I would imagine not.

Edited by bangbang023

Brandon so will you be using vista on your home system soon as it is RTM and or final.

I'm running an RTM branch build at home right now (might update my laptop tomorrow, still running RC1 on there).

I was actually running RC1 at home for a long time with no real issues. Although this build from Friday is definitely snappier and, well, can't say much more.

Must be in a hurry to get this junk out the door in January, or else they would put the "SP1" stuff to use and incorporate it in the initial release of this so-so product. Oh microsoft...............

Well, given the time frame of Windows Vista Server, the might actually line up the release of server with service pack 1.

Has anyone thought this sounds like Windows: Codename "Fiji"?

thats the codename for the next minor verson of windows. vienna ( formaly blackcomb) is the next major verson.

fiji sounds prety cool, though it's just a codename.

I'm running an RTM branch build at home right now (might update my laptop tomorrow, still running RC1 on there).

I was actually running RC1 at home for a long time with no real issues. Although this build from Friday is definitely snappier and, well, can't say much more.

Snappier?

hmmmmmm a clue... :shiftyninja:

So you know what the final sounds are?

Brandon works for Microsoft. so thats why he posts the way he posts. he can't risk geting fired just for telling us the top secrat stuff.

We already have a few new sounds, so the rest should come by RTM

the start up and shut down sounds are like 1 sec long, but sound prety good. i think those are the only ones we have so far ( at least in bulid 5744 )

Edited by Tech_Dude_5000

the start up and shut down sounds are like 1 sec long, but sound prety good. i think those are the only ones we have so far ( at least in bulid 5744 )

Could you, or someone else, post those? I'd like to hear them. :)

Could you, or someone else, post those? I'd like to hear them. :)

They're a closely kept secret at Microsoft right now. You won't hear them till Vista is released.

I'm pretty sure this post release project is really just Vista Ultimate Extras. We've known for quite some time that Microsoft will make additional software available to those who shell out the cash.

Of course at a really high level people are thinking about SP1. Obviously some teams are done with Vista before others, and it makes sense for them to start thinking about what they're working on next.

"Vista + 1" simply refers to the Windows release that comes after Vista (not an SP).

Probobly Fiji ?

Don't we remember that a few weeks ago MS said they were going to start RTM branch once Vista had about 500 bugs or less? That's indeed 58xx.

Anyway if 58xx was branched about two weeks ago, how long is it going to take MS to fix those 500 bugs and RTM? I wonder how many bugs will be left unfixed...

They're a closely kept secret at Microsoft right now. You won't hear them till Vista is released.

I'm talking about the few new sounds that Windows Vista apparently already contains.

What's that site got to do with anything? Yes, we've all been there. What have you seen that we haven't?

Absolutely nothing. I was pointing Neowave to the download link for Windows Vista so he/she can download and hear the sounds.

nappies.jpg

Put 'em away. Brandon knows a lot more about Vista than any of the scraps you kids get and come here waving around as if it's new information. Amuses me too :)

I would Tom I really would, but I know way more than Brandon does about what's going on.

For craps sake he still denies motion desktop even though the Ultimate Team has said they will release it and even Dave Vronay has said it will be released.

How can he work in the Windows team and not know any of the names I drop since they are some pretty major names in the Windows/IE teams?

How can he work in the Windows team and not know any of the names I drop since they are some pretty major names in the Windows/IE teams?

I've been kinda intrigued with the odd post that perhaps BrandonLive isn't working on Windows, I did a bit of digging and I've discovered that he was involved as a SDE/T on WDS and as recently as 24th October has been posting on WDS support site, one link here

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost....67&SiteID=1

Given that search has been fully implemented inside Vista, I'm convinced enough that he is involved in the Windows team.

If anybody wants to look, I think there's enough traces to make that conclusion.

Let it rest Morpheus and have a nice cup of Stfu tea.

I was an SDE/T last year, but have since switched to SDE. I work on the "Windows Experience - Find & Organize" team.

I can't comment on features like "motion desktop" that may or may not exist. All I said was that you would not see new features like that shipped in new Vista builds.