Windows Media Player 11 Delayed

Microsoft has temporarily put its release of Windows Media Player 11 on hold, citing quality concerns. According to several Windows enthusiast sites such as Neowin, the company pushed back its target date from Tuesday to October 30. The newest version of the player includes several enhancements, including a new user interface, improved syncing, and integration with the URGE music service.

Windows Media Player 11 has been publicly available as a beta download since May of this year. However, issues with the quality of the release have apparently caused Microsoft to delay the final product while last minute bugs are ironed out.

BetaNews

Pretty Cool! Thanks BetaNews!

what was the original release date? Tuesday? I was under the impression the final release date always was October 30th.

since neowin is mentioned the 60 % warning i got should be wiped ? hahahaha

No, hahahaha!

Like Tom was saying, good to see websites still linking to us (Y)

Radish?

As long as WMP11 is here by around Nov 3rd, I won't be too fussed.

Am waiting for a few other updates, and NFS Carbon to arrive, then I'm reformatting, would be nice to have my True Image clone including WMP11.

So I guess we should be expecting this sometime today? Watch us not get it until tomorrow, so they can do a lame Halloween tie in. They'll say here's your treat from Microsoft.

Yes, anytime now really.

Been checking the MS Home Page / WMP Pages every couple of hours or so today, strangely they both seem super-slow atm.

Maybe a sign? :p

Yes, anytime now really.

Been checking the MS Home Page / WMP Pages every couple of hours or so today, strangely they both seem super-slow atm.

Maybe a sign? :p

Seems normal to me, I've been checking it too :laugh: .

Doesn't MS usually release stuff on Tuesdays though?

Dont jinx it, i dont want it delayed again :D .

Download it here.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;DisplayLang=en

I am crazy? My version of WMP I downloaded yesterday (Sunday) is not a beta, at least it doesn't say it is.

I've attached a screenshot of the About box:

devHead

post-427-1162238954.jpg