Mandrake 9.0 Hangs

yeah, some of you might remember me not being able to install it because i didn't have a cd burner. well i just got a burner, and the first thing i did was burn the iso. i put it in the comp (200 mhz, like 32 mb of ram, 4mb PCI card) and it says press <ENTER> to install or upgrade, so i do that, and it starts extracting, then gives me a setup screen, black bg, with a blue bar on top that says Mandrake 9.0 blah blah, and has a blinking cursor at the bottom of the screen, so i'm getting thats the setup hanging.

i searched on google and say 2 possible errors. one person said to reburn it at 8x speed and disable it finalizing the cd so it doesn't miss any files because linux is open source. i've never used any distro of linux, so i have no idea if thats right or wrong? another person says that mandrake 9.0 has a bug with matrox hard drives, what a coincident, that comp has a matrox hd. i don't know how to fix this >_<

i just want to format that hd, install mandrake, and be a happy camper.

any l33t neowinians know how to help me? :woot:

If you mean Maxtor, there shouldn't be a problem. You got to remember that Linux still has a few bugs to fix and get more software available before it can clash against Microsoft. Also, finalize CD wouldn't cause those errors you described.