Final Fantasy XIII is 3% complete

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/881/200...34384134vj2.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XIII

The game runs on the White Engine, an all-new exclusive next-gen graphics engine built for Square Enix's future games. It was originally slated to be used with the PlayStation 2 but was later moved to the PlayStation 3. As of November 2nd 2006, the game's completion stands at 3%.

Make of that what you will, if development started early this year, it's almost the end of the year, and it's meant to be released late 2007, shouldn't more be done by now?

3%, Going to be waiting a wile then, FFXII took what, 4 years? lol

I was sure I had read once they had announced it that it was further than 3%, or maybe that was when they were originally making it for ps2.

oh well ay, still waiting for FFXII to get to the UK.

Well I'm willing to wait because FFXII ROCKS! I'd love to see how they evolve the RPG genre even more with XIII. If I ever do buy a PS3 it will be because of Final Fantasy.

wow! :rolleyes:

so, lets say the game is indeed @ 3% ATM... then, what about the "real time" game play shown at @ E3 this year??? isn't it kind of fishy? :shifty: :whistle:

if it smells like bs and it looks like bs and it tastes like bs then it has to be BS! :laugh: :rofl: :p

FFXIII_battle1--screenshot_large.jpg

wow! :rolleyes:

so, lets say the game is indeed @ 3% ATM... then, what about the "real time" game play shown at @ E3 this year??? isn't it kind of fishy? :shifty: :whistle:

if it smells like bs and it looks like bs and it tastes like bs then it has to be BS! :laugh: :rofl: :p

http://www.gamesradar.com/us/images/mb/Gam...nshot_large.jpg[/img]

[controversy]

I wouldn't put it past Sony to fake in-game footage... :shiftyninja:

[/controversy]

Why don't we all just enjoy FFXII for a while before worrying about the next one? :rolleyes:

• I don't know what this one is about
  • It's for PS3
  • XII isn't all that gripping...

Hey kids! Wanna know why Final Fantasy is never Final?

Square Co., Ltd. first entered the Japanese video game industry in the mid 1980s, developing a variety of simple RPGs for Nintendo's Famicom Disk System (FDS), a disk-based peripheral for the Family Computer (also known as the "Famicom," and known internationally as the Nintendo Entertainment System). By 1987, declining interest in the FDS had placed Square on the verge of bankruptcy. At approximately the same time, Square designer Hironobu Sakaguchi began work on an ambitious new fantasy role playing game for the cartridge-based Famicom, inspired in part by Enix's popular Dragon Quest (known to some in the United States as Dragon Warrior). [2] Sakaguchi had plans to retire after the completion of the project so he named it Final Fantasy because it was his final game, although it was also going to be Square's final game. In fact, it's commonly believed that the game was named Final Fantasy because of Square and not Sakaguchi, although Sakaguchi himself has confirmed it was named because of his plans for retirement. Either way, Final Fantasy turned out to be far from Square's or Sakaguchi's last game. Final Fantasy reversed Square's lagging fortunes, and became their flagship franchise.

Following the success of the first game, Square quickly began work on a second installment. As an installment, unlike a typical sequel, Final Fantasy II featured entirely different characters, with a setting and story bearing only some thematic similarities to its predecessor. Some of the gameplay elements, such as the character development system, were also completely changed. This approach to installments has continued throughout the series, with each major Final Fantasy game introducing a new world, and a new system of gameplay. Many elements and themes would recur throughout the series, but there would be no actual sequels until the release of Final Fantasy X-2, in 2003, after the merger with Enix

Interesting!

*yawn* everything is a conspiracy!

I'm pretty sure they came out and said most of it was in-game, just because the main quest might not be done, doesn't mean the engine isn't, e.g. battle system, general map layout etc, which is what was shown in the trailer.

Its going to look absolutely fantastic regardless. FF games have always pushed PS consoles to the extreme limit :yes:

Im enjoying FF12 too much to think about 13 yet anyway... just got it :laugh:

• 2 months later...

I guess we should be glad they aren't like Microsoft and make an operating system and take that long to do it. :p

I don't mind waiting this long for a game (from them, at least).

I guess we should be glad they aren't like Microsoft and make an operating system and take that long to do it. :p

do you all smell that?

Grave Digging is a felony!