Want a Middle Name

I have been thinking about getting a middle name and would like to know how this can be done, how much it costs etc. I am in the UK.

I hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.

If you don't have one, why would you go get one? Your parents give you one at birth to carry on a past relatives name. Giving yourself one has no heart, no meaning.

Thank you, metallithrax. I'll look into it. :)

If you don't have one, why would you go get one? Your parents give you one at birth to carry on a past relatives name. Giving yourself one has no heart, no meaning.

People will think it is strange but that is how it is in my culture. The tradition goes like this: The initial letter of my name should begin with my Moon rashi-nakshatra in concord with my rising sign in the birth chart. According to this my name is wrong. So supposedly has some kind of negative affect on me. My name should either start with the letters N or Y and not R. So I thought I should keep my first name and get a middle name instead. My aunt chose my first name and actually it doesn't carry on a past relatives name. My mum will choose my second name.

Edited by mysterious
  • Like 1

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm glad you find this to be amusing. Manimog I'm a girl by the way.

You cant legal change your name instead?

No because I don't want people calling me by a different name that would be just too weird. My cousin has a middle name she never uses. Her parents gave her her first name because they liked it, and the second because of some astrological prediction.

Wonder why changing surnames isn't treated so harshly.

Hah, you're an Indian... Nice meeting you. I must tell you, getting scr*wed with names in our religion could be dangerous.

Names from N: Nita, Neeta, Nisha, Namrata, Noorah, NoorJahan ;), Nirali, Nili, Nilam/Neelam, Nikita, Niki, Nicole, Nishita, Neeru, Nayna, Nirja.

Y: Yasmin (thats more of a Muslim name), Yogeshwari, Yagna.

Edit: Opps, I just realized you didn't ask for any suggestion on Indian names, sorry.

Hah, you're an Indian... Nice meeting you. I must tell you, getting scr*wed with names in our religion could be dangerous.

Names from N: Nita, Neeta, Nisha, Namrata, Noorah, NoorJahan ;), Nirali, Nili, Nilam/Neelam, Nikita, Niki, Nicole, Nishita, Neeru, Nayna, Nirja.

Y: Yasmin (thats more of a Muslim name), Yogeshwari, Yagna.

Edit: Opps, I just realized you didn't ask for any suggestion on Indian names, sorry.

No it's okay, glad someone knows where I'm coming from cos most people commented think I'm a lunatic. Your suggestions are better than the previous suggestions you may have noticed... lol I well my mum had considered one or two before. :) Thanks.

Edited by mysterious

Well, all I am gonna say is good luck.. cas I know this sounds really messed up for you. I just hope things were all good for you for all these years. Sometimes life can be a total bs due to the rashi thing.

Edited by sagy

• 7 years later...

You cant legal change your name instead?

She can change it, if she is above 16 years old. Otherwise, you need to get your parents consent to do so, or consent from everybody who has parental responsibility. You can change your Christian name (first name) or your Middle name as well as your Surname by Deed Poll. Hope that I helped! x