Vista will be available for MSDNAA on Nov. 17th

• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

#1 psyko_x

psyko_x

Neowinian

Posted 14 November 2006 - 04:39

UPDATE DEC 5th
Ok well it's finally out but only Business editions. I was wrong about Vista being completely done. Looks like they're still working on Ultimate Extras. Hopefully though, it will be really cheap to do an express upgrade from Business to Ultimate with a student discount.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My university is offering free Vista Ultimate download on Nov. 17th and I know a lot of other people were asking when it would be available for college students so there you go. Yes, it's listed as Ultimate and not Business. For skeptics about the specific version, remember that Vista is done. The reason the Business version is being released so much earlier than Ultimate is because MS needs to give hardware and software vendors a lot of time to write drivers and whatnot before consumers get their hands on it (due to the fact that consumers use many more devices and software than businesses). Anyways can't wait for Friday :D

Also, it's recently been discovered that the warez version that a lot of people here are using (the one with bill gates' name on it) is actually a mash up of beta and rtm files. tsk, tsk... :no:

EDIT: I've been checking my schools site periodically and this is the message that has been up all day since this morning...

Posted Image

I guess the servers are being hammered pretty bad even now.

EDIT #2: The latest word is that it should be out by Dec 1st. MS is having a tough time generating cd keys fast enough to keep up with the demand

Edited by psyko_x, 05 December 2006 - 17:56.

#2 Gabe3

Gabe3

If you lack enemies, you are not doing something worthwhile

Posted 14 November 2006 - 04:47

<snipped>

ditto

anyway, its pretty cool you get vista ultimate for free

Edited by John S., 16 November 2006 - 20:04.

#3 Napalm Frog

Napalm Frog

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 November 2006 - 04:47

My university is soooo slow with these things, I have a feeling it may take as long as the end of the winter term. Oh well, I'm getting a new notebook next summer anyways.

#4 AdverseDeviant

AdverseDeviant

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 November 2006 - 04:48

and where did you hear the warez going around wasn't a full rtm?

#5 lykwid

lykwid

Neowinian

Posted 14 November 2006 - 04:51

which university are you at? or is it for all universities that are part of MSDNAA

#6 RaisinCain

RaisinCain

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 November 2006 - 04:54

Not sure when... But my Uni has a VLK license. When do we get this?

#7 OP psyko_x

psyko_x

Neowinian

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:00

Let's not focus on the warez topic guys. The only reason I briefly brought it up was because people who were using it might be experiencing wierd bugs which the real Vista doesn't have and knowing this fact should now prevent them from making posts like "Vista blows ass, my blah blah crashes"

which university are you at? or is it for all universities that are part of MSDNAA

I'm at the University of Illinois, but I'm sure a lot of universities will do the same.

#8 AdverseDeviant

AdverseDeviant

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:03

i dont have it anyways i was j/w

#9 trek

trek

7 / X

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:11

If this is true, i'm definately going to burn myself a copy when I'm on campus that day.

#10 Hankyone

Hankyone

Living since 1987

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:33

Sweet! :D can't wait

#11 lykwid

lykwid

Neowinian

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:48

where did you find out about this? i wanna know if my school is offering it too lol

#12 harrisxml

harrisxml

Neowinian

Posted 14 November 2006 - 06:51

Where did you get that date? :shiftyninja:

#13 Statikk

Statikk

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 November 2006 - 07:13

Also, it's recently been discovered that the warez version that a lot of people here are using (the one with bill gates' name on it) is actually a mash up of beta and rtm files. tsk, tsk... :no:

No source = not very credible imo.

#14 OP psyko_x

psyko_x

Neowinian

Posted 14 November 2006 - 07:14

where did you find out about this? i wanna know if my school is offering it too lol

Does your school host a website where you normally download software? If so, then check that site to see if they say anything about Vista coming soon.

Where did you get that date? :shiftyninja:

It's listed as a software option for us and if I click the link it takes me here (well not to flickr lol, but here's a screenshot):
http://www.flickr.co...97119525&size=o

#15 wessleym

wessleym

Neowinian

Posted 14 November 2006 - 08:35

I go University of Kentucky, and the MSDNAA site for the UK Computer Science department doesn't list Vista in the software drop-down box. Are you saying that you can actually select Vista from that list, and then you are provided the information in the image?