Vista will be available for MSDNAA on Nov. 17th

Yeah I would say Business for sure. Don't see any reason why Ultimate would be up for academic since they don't use media center etc. OEMs recommend Business too, since it is the equivalent of XP Professional.

does MSDNAA users have to pay for vista.. My univery isnt part of MSDNAA but I can get any boxed retail edition of misrosoft product for 75% off.. but my frinds university has MSDNAA so I could get it from him if its free.

the msdnaa admin from my uni. said it will be Business Edition, cuz Media Center had some expensive codec's. We will be able to get Business Edition until they find a solution on how to get Ultimate on MSDNAA...

I'v will be fine with Business Edition.. :D The admin also said that it would be on my uni's msdnaa this month before 24 dec. :)

the msdnaa admin from my uni. said it will be Business Edition, cuz Media Center had some expensive codec's. We will be able to get Business Edition until they find a solution on how to get Ultimate on MSDNAA...

I'v will be fine with Business Edition.. :D The admin also said that it would be on my uni's msdnaa this month before 24 dec. :)

That sounds promising. Where are you from? I think because i'm at Southampton Uni (in the UK) i might get it way after the americans.

anyone attending SFU here in beautiful Vancouver, BC; we should get Vista Business in January.

Hi,

We are expected to get Vista Business Edition in January 2007 from MSDNAA.

-CSILOP

Sounds good. Vista Ultimate from MS, Vista Business with my new Inspiron 640m from Dell, and a free Vista Business from MSDNAA.

I also have it now, but I have to go to the program adminsitrator's office and request my copy. I already have my cd-key though (sent by email). However, I can't state which version do I have, it wasn't specified on the e-mail... I'll go get it tomorrow probably...

That sounds promising. Where are you from? I think because i'm at Southampton Uni (in the UK) i might get it way after the americans.

Im from denmark :p

Hvorn?r kommer Vista p? MSDNAA?b>

Min mailbox bugner af foresp?gsler om hvorn?r og hvilken version af Vista der vil blive tilg?ngelig p? MSDNAA.

F?rst skal jeg sige at vi arbejder h?rdt p? at f? gjort Vista tilg?ngelig. Jeg kan desv?rre ikke give nogen dato for hvorn?r Vista vil blive tilg?ngelig. Men jeg h?ber p? at det bliver i l?bet af december. Nogle lande har f?et Vista Business p? deres MSDNAA.

I f?rste omgang vil det blive Business versionen af Vista der bliver gjort tilg?ngelig. Der arbejdes h?rdt p? at f? gjort Vista Ultimate tilg?ngelig. Problemet med Vista Ultimate er de meget dyre codec's der bruges til Media Center'et. Det vil sige at ved hvert salg af en Ultimate betaler vi rolyalties til en anden part. I den kommercielle verden er det ikke noget problem, for der kan vi bare ligge det oven i prisen. I en ordning som MSDNAA, s? er det et problem.

Men som sagt, vi arbejder h?rdt p? at finde en l?sning. N?r der findes en l?sning p? codec's vil man bare skulle indtaste en ny licensn?gle for at f? adgang og installere Ultimate versionen.

This was posted at Henrik W. H.'s blog at MSDN 11/29. It basically says that in the first round Vista Business will hopefully be available to users (in Denmark i presume?) in December. They are working hard to get Vista Ultimate ready also, but the codecs used in Ultimate edition are expensive.

:)ope this was useful to someone :)

OK well the 32 and 64bit Business editions are out for me. It has a lot more features than Home Premium but the one thing it doesn't have that Enterprise and Ultimate do (and that I actually use) is multilingual support :(

I'm not sure how much it's going to cost to do an express upgrade to Ultimate when it's released but I hope it's cheap.

I've spoken to some others at my uni. According to reliable sources, i can go and ask for a copy of the DVD now (assuming they have some left) or wait till friday and download it from MSDNAA.

Buisness Edition only though

The wait is almost over!

there is one key that is gonna be blacklisted... :( oh well

not everyone knew about that..yet...you may want to remove that post

hopefully the mods remove that link, and your screenshot

' date='Dec 5 2006, 20:08' post='588111290']

better be careful. They can boot you from the program for slipups like that

It wasn't my fault. austin64 was the one that posted that. it just happened to link to my account.

luckily i can get more cdkeys but i'm still annoyed about this. anyways the past is passed

That was strange, I didnt even see what happened.

I had saved a link to your schools msdnaa site in my favorites that you had posted on an earlier page of this thread and then pasted the link back after vista became available at your school. I didnt realize it was actually logged in as you. That's pretty crappy security on their part.

Sorry!

That was strange, I didnt even see what happened.

I had saved a link to your schools msdnaa site in my favorites that you had posted on an earlier page of this thread and then pasted the link back after vista became available at your school. I didnt realize it was actually logged in as you. That's pretty crappy security on their part.

Sorry!

Yeh i was logged in as him too lol. Dw i didnt note any keys or download any software, but its quite worrying how insecure that site is.

I emailed the person at my school (Northeastern) who is in charge of MSDNAA stuff and this was the response I got. I included a link to UIUC site showing Vista available.

"Unfortunately the folks at E-Academy have not updated our site to

include Windows Vista. My guess is that UIUC is currently using

E-Academy to distribute all of their software (and not just their MSDNAA

library) and so have more control over their E-Academy presence than we

do.

As soon as all of the pieces are in place we will make Vista available

and we will make an announcement to let folks know that it has happened."