Playstation Portable 2?

They should at least revise the current PSP like Ninty did with the DS. To be honest if they sort the analogue, either get rid of it or make it like a normal dual shock analogue.

I think they went wrong with pushing the graphics and creating another pointless media.. it is a mini disc in a round case.

UMDs are a horrible medium.

1. They require a case.

2. They need a UMD drive, which takes up lots of space.

3. They only store about 1.8GB

4. They also use lots of battery life to function.

Sony should have just made the games come on CD, and require you to put them onto MemorySticks.

The result would be a UMD-less, power efficient, >1.8GB limit PSP.

UMDs are a horrible medium.

1. They require a case.

2. They need a UMD drive, which takes up lots of space.

3. They only store about 1.8GB

4. They also use lots of battery life to function.

Sony should have just made the games come on CD, and require you to put them onto MemorySticks.

The result would be a UMD-less, power efficient, >1.8GB limit PSP.

I can understand that UMD is not very good. But 2Gb SD/MStick card cost lots of money so it's not a good way to distribute games. Even if you include a built-in HD, how do you install your games on it? Download from the Web?

UMD disc cost much less... And the UMD drive cost probably less than a HDD.

I can understand that UMD is not very good. But 2Gb SD/MStick card cost lots of money so it's not a good way to distribute games. Even if you include a built-in HD, how do you install your games on it? Download from the Web?

What about those mini-dvd disks (Ala GameCube).. It cant be too much of a hit to run those..

What about those mini-dvd disks (Ala GameCube).. It cant be too much of a hit to run those..

Anything that runs a laser and spins a disk uses more power. Sizewise even the mini-dvd disks would be too big for a portable, I would think.

HD's aren't exactly battery friendly either. Flash memory or bust IMO.

Putting games up for download would be sweet, but then they would just all appear on a torrent somewhere, and people would just simply crack the DRM.

yes, I suppose the limits of a memory card would hinder game sales.

but games aren't really big. PSP backups are around 600MB average (some are >900, some are <400). If you supplied a 4GB card with every unit, you would be able to store an average of 6 games, and have room for music and small videos. The idea might not work, but it's not as unfeasible as it might seem at first.

a UMD is basically a small DVD inside a case. It would take the same amount of energy to run a mini-dvd. Also, mini-dvds are too big. If you want to use a DVD based media, UMD is the best way to go.

HD's aren't exactly battery friendly either. Flash memory or bust IMO.

Putting games up for download would be sweet, but then they would just all appear on a torrent somewhere, and people would just simply crack the DRM.

We already have lots and lots of PSP games available online.