Partition Magic 8.0 Error #105

I have an HP Pavilion dv1000 Laptop (2nd edition, 1.73 GHz, see signature), I boot up into Partition Magic 8.0 (PowerQuest Edition), and it first gives me a general error on hard disk sizing, then it gives me error 105. Is there a way I can fix this problem without data loss/corruption, or another way to resize an NTFS partition without losing data?

From Symantec:

#105 Partition starts on wrong boundary

#106 Partition doesn't start with sector one

The hard-disk partition table contains erroneous values. PartitionMagic expects partitions to begin and end on the correct cylinder boundaries. If they do not, the disk may be partially corrupted. In this circumstance, if PartitionMagic were to make any modifications it might cause the loss of data. Therefore, PartitionMagic refuses to recognize any of the hard disk's partitions. To resolve this problem, see the instructions in Resolving partition table errors.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/power...svy=&csm=no

Good luck.

The solution says you backup your data first, so I can not see any destruction, I had this problem once and that was the only solution that worked, if you don't like it, invent one for yourself.

• 2 months later...
CHKDSK /R might work, but as has already been said, you'll probably have to format.

I won't worry about it. I just made that old space that I used to have Linux a seperate partition for backup.