Ken Kutaragi Steps Down

If this stops Kutaragi from speaking about PS in public, I'm all for it. Such a nutter that one...

:rofl:

Scirwode

Considering the history that Kutaragi has with the Playstation I see his "promotion" as a demotion. They want to get him away from the direct control of the Playstation brand. Even the most die-hard Sony enthusiast can say that some of the stuff he was saying was truly idiotic at best.
That's pretty much it. They can't fire him (it would dishonor him publicly), so they basically promote him out of the way. He'll still get a paycheck, and has a nice shiny title, but he won't have any direct control.
It's not a demotion, you don't make someone a CEO and head chairman of practically the only profitable division of Sony to get them out of the way of the company. He is no longer just president and he is in even more direct control now because now every decision regarding the Playstation development has to go through him and he has the final say. It's not like he will have a higher up controlling his decisions anymore.
He's contributed a lot to the PS brand and they shouldn't fire him but his recent dabacle with the PS3 definitely warrants his distancing from the brand.
What debacle? It's been out for only a month and has production problems, it's not like it is going to kill the PS3 in the long run. Edited by Flux Capacitor

It's not a demotion, you don't make someone a CEO and head chairman of practically the only profitable division of Sony to get them out of the way of the company. He is no longer just president and he is in even more direct control now because now every decision regarding the Playstation development has to go through him and he has the final say. It's not like he will have a higher up controlling his decisions anymore.

What debacle? It's been out for only a month and has production problems, it's not like it is going to kill the PS3 in the long run.

OK, FC. :rolleyes: I forgot you know more than analysts and people in the trade. There is no debacle. These aren't the droids you're looking for.