500,000 Sales Needed For PS3 Profits

Damn so I won't see and XenoSaga 4 :(

That's exactly the same thing that came up in my head >.>

But if they bring the xeno series to a handheld or even ps2 I can live with that... just work on the script, I can live with last gen graphics to be honest =/

You're right, but the problem with that is in the competition. Putting the Wii aside for now, the Xbox 360 currently makes Microsoft a (very) small profit at it's current price. The PS3, however, costs Sony roughly $300 (give or take) per console sold. Now, when Microsoft inevitably starts the price-cut war, Sony is in a lot of trouble and won't be able to stay within $100 / $200 of Microsoft as they are now.

They could very well just not bother to price competitively, but a $500-$600 console versus a $200-$300 console (assuming a $100 price drop from Microsoft) is a tough battle to win.

No doubt Microsoft will want to break Sony's legs this time round. I can imagine the prices of the Xbox360 going down a lot faster than the PS3.

^ Agreed. Sony is in the cross-hairs and it's their fault, for a number of reasons. Like I've said in the past, though, I don't wish for Sony to bomb out as a result, but to learn from their mistakes.