Gran Turismo HD cancelled

Gran Turismo HD cancelled

Concept version to be made available for free.

Sony has announced on its Japanese site that Gran Turismo HD has been cancelled, so that developer Polyphony Digital can begin focusing directly on Gran Turismo 5.

The fruits of all the labour won't be wasted though - on the PlayStation Store, a free concept of Gran Turismo HD will be available to download from December 24 . This won't be the only concept download available either - there should be more free downloads on the lead-up to Gran Turismo 5's release.

We'll have more information on Gran Turismo 5 shortly; we seriously wonder if anybody actually expected this game to be released in the first place.

Link:Palgn

tis a shame, was going to buy a PS3 just to get GT:HD running. But i suppose, this means GT5 will be launched sooner? Means i can wait longer to get GT5 and save a few pennys, as, no doubt, the console will drop in price ;)

I'm happy I didn't want them to waste time on GTHD and not theyre gonna throw it out for free so nobody can complain about bugs lol.

GG Polyphony Digital now you can put all your efforst into GT5! :)

tis a shame, was going to buy a PS3 just to get GT:HD running. But i suppose, this means GT5 will be launched sooner? Means i can wait longer to get GT5 and save a few pennys, as, no doubt, the console will drop in price ;)
You might want to consider taking a look at the 360 when Forza 2 comes out.

too bad forza blows...

and is a crappy sim

the only problem gt4 had is that it was ULTRA realistic, meaning eveyrhing drove at optimal conditions all the time, it was littereally too realistic.

but eh, whatcha gonna do

I didn't enjoy Forza at all. Someitmes I think it is hyped a bit too much because Xbox fans (not fanboys) want a GT killer.

But then again, I didn't like the previous 2 or 3 GT incarnations either. Guess I'm picky :p

Forza was definitely hyped up way too much....when I got it for the Xbox I was like...meh...I am definitely returning it back to the store tomorrow claiming it doesn't work to try and get my money back (I did that and I did get my money back). It was awful, it didn't feel at all realistic, it is the first time I see supercars not being able to handle corners at 80 MPH....wtf is up with that??

Will this be free on disc?

No, I believe it will be distributed through the Playstation Store

I think this is a good idea, GTHD looked like it was going to be a let-down.

You were expecting too much.

They said it was a HD version of the last GT - nothing more..almost

GT5 is the 'next big thing' within the GT series..

too bad forza blows...

and is a crappy sim

the only problem gt4 had is that it was ULTRA realistic, meaning eveyrhing drove at optimal conditions all the time, it was littereally too realistic.

but eh, whatcha gonna do

LOL, Forza is much more sim like when compared to GT4's arcade style of gameplay and Forza is also much better than GT4 as well.

Not bad at all when MGS creates the best console racing game on their first try. :yes:s:

LOL, Forza is much more sim like when compared to GT4's arcade style of gameplay and Forza is also much better than GT4 as well.

Not bad at all when MGS creates the best console racing game on their first try. :yes:

care to give any reasons? :p

Only real racing games I get into are NFS and Burnout.

yeah but you need to distinguish between arcade and simulation. gran turismo is the best out there for racing sims imo

forza was pretty good after playing GT4 at ma mates house then buying forza i thought forza was the better of the two but only just, damage modelling was good, graphics for that gen were spot on, had a slight edge over GT4 but not much. It as overhyped i thought, but then again after seeing some trailers for GT4 i was amazed, as it looked better than what was shown for PS3, but then again lol it wasnt that bad after all.