Motostorm Demo

Has anyone else played the Motostorm Demo for PS3? It's like 500MB I downloaded it while watching a show on TV. I heard it looked good graphically and I've seen screen shots but playing the demo was much better then the screen shots I saw. I was pretty impressed, I was debating in my head about getting it or not until I paused to go to the bathroom and saw the option to use motion censors. SO much fun, I was having a blast playing now this demo.

Anyone else download it?

If you haven't you should it really impressed me more then I expected.

They showed an amazing trailer at E3 2005. Then they disappointed around E3 2006 when sites like IGN found that the game wasn't anywhere near the standard they had shown the year before.

But now, they have actually reached the incredible visuals they showed off the first time round.

Definitely one of the 'killer' apps.

It's a very nice looking game with pretty cool physics. At first I thought the sense of speed was way too slow (from looking at videos), but it's not that bad when you get your hands on it. My only real problem with the game is how hard it is to stay on the track sometimes. It can get annoying hitting a bump in the middle of a turn and flying 100 ft. towards the edge of the cliff with too much momentum to avoid going over the edge.

They showed an amazing trailer at E3 2005. Then they disappointed around E3 2006 when sites like IGN found that the game wasn't anywhere near the standard they had shown the year before.

But now, they have actually reached the incredible visuals they showed off the first time round.

Thats strange because from what ive read and heard its mediocre, the sixaxis controls get boring quickly and everyone resorts back to analogue controls.

LMAO you crack me up dude. It's a decent looking game, but compared to E3 it doesn't even look close. It's closer to Excite Truck than what they showed...

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/12/02/e3s-ps3-...ion-vs-reality/

LMAO you crack me up dude. It doesn't even look close. It's closer to Excite Truck than what they showed...

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/12/02/e3s-ps3-...ion-vs-reality/

Hey, that's the same video I posted in my link :(

You know, I actually thought Motorstorm looked pretty good when I played it in a kiosk. I recently got PGR3 for the 360 (Platinum hit for $20 :D ) and when I played it realized it looked similarly nice but in a city instead of a desert.

Hey, that's the same video I posted in my link :(

You know, I actually thought Motorstorm looked pretty good when I played it in a kiosk. I recently got PGR3 for the 360 (Platinum hit for $20 :D ) and when I played it realized it looked similarly nice but in a city instead of a desert.

Yeah like I said it looks decent. But it looks like any number of first-gen racing games on the 360. That's not a bad thing, because they all look good. But it's not what Sony promised. MS never showed renders of PGR3 or any other games before launch and certainly never claimed CG was actual gameplay - a practice that has become a staple of Sony's competitive strategy.

I saw this game on Walmart and it looks pretty good. I wanted to play it but I wasn't going to wait for that little kid to stop playing it.

Yeah like I said it looks decent. But it looks like any number of first-gen racing games on the 360. That's not a bad thing, because they all look good. But it's not what Sony promised. MS never showed renders of PGR3 or any other games before launch and certainly never claimed CG was actual gameplay - a practice that has become a staple of Sony's competitive strategy.

Fair enough, but Sony's not the only one to do this... Red Steel anyone?

Pre-release:

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2006/...8_screen009.jpg

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2006/...8_screen012.jpg

Final Game:

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2006/...6_screen003.jpg

It seems strange that Sony gets blasted because of pre-renders/ target renders but if/when it happens with other consoles it gets let go of.

But whatever, Motorstorm looks pretty good to me.

Fair enough, but Sony's not the only one to do this... Red Steel anyone?

Pre-release:

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2006/...8_screen009.jpg

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2006/...8_screen012.jpg

Final Game:

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2006/...6_screen003.jpg

It seems strange that Sony gets blasted because of pre-renders/ target renders but with other consoles it gets let go of.

But whatever, Motorstorm looks pretty good to me.

*Nevermind lol. Last thing this forum needs is another rant. Not to mention the hypocrisy after just posting a thread about how insane it's getting on Neowin.

Edited by MadFerIt2006

I'm sure the visuals in target renders are possible with today's PCs, the Xbox 360 and the PS3, but the frame rate would be so bad that they would have to sacrifice the visuals in order to get a smooth playing game. We just need faster hardware to get there. I bet one of them new GeForce's can get pretty close on Vista with DirectX 10.

*Nevermind lol. Last thing this forum needs is another rant. Not to mention the hypocrisy after just posting a thread about how insane it's getting on Neowin.

Its a shame you edited that post, I didn't see anything wrong with it.

With regards to what you said about Heavenly Sword, Its true that Ninja theory have made a leap between E3's. I can't wait to see what the final game is like...apparently it should be finished around March time.

Personally I thought it looked like ass. I played the kiosk version at my local EB Games and wasn't impressed. It doesn't look THAT much better than PS2 games such as GoW and FF12, at least not $700 better. It looks like they tried to compensate for the poor AA by making it blurry. The HD lighting looks great, but that's about all. Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty fun game though. Doesn't look on par with a lot of 360 games.

I thought I'd make another statement on this game.. For one, the Kiosk demo is much older then the demo that PS3 owners are downloading from the Playstation Store. While it has the same levels, the huge framerate issues with the Kiosk demo have been improved considerably.

I think the game is beautiful to be honest, is it something only the PS3 can do? No, but that doesn't change how impressive it is. The only downside to the visuals is the texture quality, which is definitely not the best.. However, in a racing game it doesn't matter as much since you'll be moving at fast speeds.

I do need to say something though. Along with Motorstorm I also tried out NBA 07 (the sony game, not EA's which was cancelled) on the kiosk and I was very impressed. The visuals, framerate, were all very good. I do wish they had a demo of Resistance though.

in nba 07, i really did like how the player's skin were sweating right at the beginning of the game xD also, I knew I wouldn't be buying a ps3 when during the game, it froze on me :s

in nba 07, i really did like how the player's skin were sweating right at the beginning of the game xD also, I knew I wouldn't be buying a ps3 when during the game, it froze on me :s

Well then you cant really buy anything, can you?

The X360 freezes aswell (Mine does, and its pretty new)

Dunno about the Wii tho - maybe you should buy one of those..

Well then you cant really buy anything, can you?

The X360 freezes aswell (Mine does, and its pretty new)

Dunno about the Wii tho - maybe you should buy one of those..

If your 360 is freezing, something's wrong with it. Mine never froze a single time until it actually started to die.

As long as you have a room temperature around 20-35C and a reasonable amount of room between the back of the 360 and any objects, then it should never freeze (unless a bug or something causes a crash, which is something entirely different).

If your 360 is freezing, something's wrong with it. Mine never froze a single time until it actually started to die.

As long as you have a room temperature around 20-35C and a reasonable amount of room between the back of the 360 and any objects, then it should never freeze (unless a bug or something causes a crash, which is something entirely different).

I dunno - it just froze twice in Rainbow Six Vegas.

Everything seemed to be running but nothing happened when i pressed the guide button :s

Bug or The IceMan?

Personally I thought it looked like ass. I played the kiosk version at my local EB Games and wasn't impressed. It doesn't look THAT much better than PS2 games such as GoW and FF12, at least not $700 better. It looks like they tried to compensate for the poor AA by making it blurry. The HD lighting looks great, but that's about all. Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty fun game though. Doesn't look on par with a lot of 360 games.

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200611/101_p1.asp

Take a look at some of the screens there and tell me it looks just better than a ps2 game :rofl:

Believe those are new build screenshots. Cant wait to play this game :D