Motostorm Demo

Well then you cant really buy anything, can you?

The X360 freezes aswell (Mine does, and its pretty new)

Dunno about the Wii tho - maybe you should buy one of those..

Neither of my 360s has ever frozen. It is possible for specific games to have a crashing bug, though I've never seen one. But it if it ever did it in more than one game I'd be sending it in for repair.

My Wii already froze up once when navigating the system menus but not during gaming yet.

(edited out weird Neowin spacing)

Edited by Brandon Live

Neither of my 360s has ever frozen. It is possible for specific games to have a crashing bug, though I've never seen one. But it if it ever did it in more than one game I'd be sending it in for repair.

My Wii already froze up once when navigating the system menus but not during gaming yet.

really? The only problem I have had was when the remote somehow became unsynched with the console...simply had to remove batteries and replace them and it worked agian

really? The only problem I have had was when the remote somehow became unsynched with the console...simply had to remove batteries and replace them and it worked agian

Yeah it went to black between menu screens and just stayed there. The Wii wouldn't even turn off or respond to the buttons on the console. Had to unplug it and plug it back in. The same thing happened to one in the kiosk at Gamestop before I bought it, actually. But I figured that was just a poorly ventilated, mistreated demo model.

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200611/101_p1.asp

Take a look at some of the screens there and tell me it looks just better than a ps2 game :rofl:

Believe those are new build screenshots. Cant wait to play this game :D

All of those are from cutscenes. The actual game only looks half that good. It really does look not that much better than PS2, and I've heard others say the same thing at 2 seperate locations.

All of those are from cutscenes. The actual game only looks half that good. It really does look not that much better than PS2, and I've heard others say the same thing at 2 seperate locations.

I doubt them shots are from cutscences, the ingame pic's look identical to that! and the vids look great! If they where gona do cutscences would they not look alot more like the e3 2005 vid? lol

It DOES like like that ingame. The blur and strange camera angles makes you think otherwise I guess..

It doesnt match what we were shown at E3 2005 but it sure is alot better than PS2

Maybe it was because I played the kiosk demo. The demo you can download on your PS3 is supposed to look a lot better, but the kiosk demo looked like ass and not nearly as good as those pics.

The kiosk demo didn't look bad or like a PS2 game. It looked like your average Xbox 360 game. And the demo level has a very open feel that definitely looks cool. I didn't even notice any framerate slowdown.

But it looked nothing like the E3 target renders, and didn't do anything to make me want to spend $500 or $600 on a PS3.

The kiosk demo didn't look bad or like a PS2 game. It looked like your average Xbox 360 game. And the demo level has a very open feel that definitely looks cool. I didn't even notice any framerate slowdown.

But it looked nothing like the E3 target renders, and didn't do anything to make me want to spend $500 or $600 on a PS3.

That's pretty much what I think, except the lighting is a little better than most 360 games (and PS3 games, for that matter) and it looks like a slightly better than average 360 game overall to me.

I dunno - it just froze twice in Rainbow Six Vegas.

Everything seemed to be running but nothing happened when i pressed the guide button :s

Bug or The IceMan?

i'm still waiting for my replacement 360 so i can't say for sure but.. i played rainbow six vegas at a friend's house plus the demo on mine and never had a freeze. hours and hours of gameplay.

btw my keyboard shift won't work lol. but yeah it's probally your console. freezing due to bugs is more the games fault.. and only oblivion ever really froze on me.

played motorstorm demo today,, thought it was very impressive, but i kinda went in with low expectations anyways. ;)

havent played much 360, so i cant say "ohhh dude! this looks soo much better than anything that launched on the 360!" , but i gotta say compare this to the LAST gen PS2 games, the games coming out now for that system that look stunning and this is a quantum leap over those.... infact with all the huppala over buffer sizes and such (people like brandon brought up all the time to put down the PS3), i was worried about AA and framerate drops, but i was pleasantly surprised to see that there were none and the visuals looked stunning! i remember they showed a teaser at E3 that was near CG like and i have to say this came pretty close, they even modeled almost all the little parts of the cars! so that when they broke apart how they broked and what broke off made sense and... i dunno, how to put this... but the models and environments felt... FULLER... hahahahhaa i dont know how else to describe it.

If i had bought a ps3, i would have def picked this baby up,. and i dont even like games like this, but it was soo emmersive, i had a blast playing it! i also checked out the videos and options on the demo unit at the store, and the media bar isnt as annoying as i thought it would be based on my experience with the psp.

i was really dissapointed to find that when i pressed the xbox live button... ooops soory i mean the playstation button! ;) hahahaha that only the options to exit game and synch controller came up... maybe they can change htis is a firmware upgrade.

Worth the $700? to me, no, but i can see someone who has an HDTV and extra cash to have a blast with this system! :)

• 3 weeks later...
The only downside to the visuals is the texture quality, which is definitely not the best..

I've noticed that a lot of PS3 games have poor textures. I've noticed that with every new MGS4 trailer released the textures look worse & worse. I've also noticed on a lot of other PS3 games, its mostly background textures such as grass, walls, buildings Etc...

I have been told that because the PS3 has been suffering from some frame rate problems, developers have lowered the texture quality to compensate & try & get games to run smoother. Can't confirm/deny this but i was told by someone who knows about these things.

I've noticed that a lot of PS3 games have poor textures. I've noticed that with every new MGS4 trailer released the textures look worse & worse. I've also noticed on a lot of other PS3 games, its mostly background textures such as grass, walls, buildings Etc...

I have been told that because the PS3 has been suffering from some frame rate problems, developers have lowered the texture quality to compensate & try & get games to run smoother. Can't confirm/deny this but i was told by someone who knows about these things.

I always assumed the mgs4 texture downgrade came about because they are shooting for 1080p now. If I remember correctly, right when they said they were shooting for 1080p and not 720p the texture quality got worse. Also, Resistance was also shooting for 1080p but they couldn't get a good framerate. So I assumed that they just dropped it to 720p for release while leaving in all of the cuts they were implementing to try and get it working in 1080p. I assume that if they had gone for max power at 720p that the framerate in Resistance would've dropped at least a little in some places, but all the reviews say it has a perfect framerate no matter what. Although, I have no proof that this is what happened to those games and it is purely my own conjecture.