16.8 days of music @ 48kbps = x Mb?

• 3 weeks later...

Why putting all this in an ipod? 16Days will take you 4 days non stop encoding to get sucking quality music playback on a device that will be unable to play the 1 / 20 in a single charge. So you are wasting your time in order to waste your quality to fit 6000 songs in your iPod that, if you don't listing when on the charge, will give you 1 month non-stop (except charge time) of music playback without getting the same file played 2 times. But after few days of listing crappy quality song you will get bored to death of crappy sound and you will try to do like anyone like you and cutting your 6000 songs in few playlist and sync them when you sleep to not loose time.

This is the maths that I think it's logic :p

apparently someone missed his post about how he is just doing it to find out.

• 3 weeks later...
Why putting all this in an ipod? 16Days will take you 4 days non stop encoding to get sucking quality music playback on a device that will be unable to play the 1 / 20 in a single charge. So you are wasting your time in order to waste your quality to fit 6000 songs in your iPod that, if you don't listing when on the charge, will give you 1 month non-stop (except charge time) of music playback without getting the same file played 2 times. But after few days of listing crappy quality song you will get bored to death of crappy sound and you will try to do like anyone like you and cutting your 6000 songs in few playlist and sync them when you sleep to not loose time.

This is the maths that I think it's logic :p

Anyway, I already did it a month ago. Only took ~10 hours to encode all songs to ogg. It's now on my ipod mini 6gb with rockbox.