Interest in PS3 fading?

I can find plenty of PS3's in my area as well, which is frustrating because I've been trying to get a Wii. Wiis have been selling out the moment the stores get them in. :( In the Best Buys around here, the PS3 isn't getting much loving every time I'm there. :laugh: The 360 is always being played, and the Wii is being ogled. The PS3 just sits in its plastic case, many times with a red light of death on it. :p

Oh please. Is it that hard to believe hes not just making crap up, because hes a hardcore X360 gamer?

If anything, I would rather play games on my PC than the Xbox. Just because I have an Xbox doesn't mean I'm a 100% Xbox fanboy ... I'm just stating what I saw. :|

Our local GameCrazy was actually calling people looking for a home for a couple PS3s they got in. The guy called like three people who had signed up for pre-orders and none of them wanted it anymore =P

(probably just ebayers that realize there's no market anymore, but still...)

I doubt 'Apple Fanboy' played X360 3-hours a day everyday :/

The names LAUGU, go look it up..

Maybe not, but you do go around every single Xbox360 vs PS3 thread and say a load of unproven "facts". you just say something and have no way to back it up with..

There were still about 15 PS3s at my local FutureShop when a friend of mine bought his; no one lined up or anything for them either and the shipment came way before my friend decided to pick up his PS3... he was surprised there were still that many PS3s left. Anyways it doesn't look like either the 360 or the PS3 is moving much in terms of sales here. The Wii is selling out everywhere though.

Maybe not, but you do go around every single Xbox360 vs PS3 thread and say a load of unproven "facts". you just say something and have no way to back it up with..

I think im pretty neutral in that matter - im not? :(

All of you saying that you have seen PS3 in your area and I haven't seen one here. :( You cant find a PS3 or a Wii here. All you see are the empty boxes of the PS3 and Wii with a 'for display only' sticker. :crazy: You know the things that are selling like crazy are the DS. Everyone is buying one.

Do you guys live in big cities?

Well I'm going to wait to get a PS3 when I can go to a store and find one easy and for the Wii when they release the black one. :p

I can find plenty of PS3's in my area as well, which is frustrating because I've been trying to get a Wii. Wiis have been selling out the moment the stores get them in. :( In the Best Buys around here, the PS3 isn't getting much loving every time I'm there. :laugh: The 360 is always being played, and the Wii is being ogled. The PS3 just sits in its plastic case, many times with a red light of death on it. :p
Haha. I've seen a couple that were frozen in my travels. Funny thing is, resetting them doesn't fix it. You have to literally unplug the power and wait a few seconds. I was told this was just with the demo units though and the retail consoles you can just reset. Still pretty funny though. Not that the 360 hasn't had this problem a lot too. But having the unplug the power cord to get it working again is pretty funny :laugh:

Interest fading? There isn't even PS3's in Europe :laugh:
So? In the North American market, there isn't all that much interest after the initial batch (what one could call the Ebay batch :p)and they are sitting in a lot of stores. Not that hard to understand.

Well, there were finally some PS3s sitting on shelves in my area. A friend told me about Walmart getting just 2 in, but one was still there by the time the store closed. He had just spent a bunch of money and was upset because he couldn't buy the PS3, but I convinced him it was better to at least wait until the spring when there are more good games out for it and better availability.

I know when I was looking to get a 360 last holiday season, I decided not to bother with it anymore. I figured if I was willing to throw down $400 + games and accessories I wouldn't spend every day trying to locate stores that might have them in stock. I decided to wait until I could simply walk into a store and buy one, which I think many people are doing right now with the PS3.

^^^Yeah, but the thing with the 360 was that you actually couldn't find them at stores...anywhere. You apparently can walk into some places and pick up a PS3 without having to worry whether they have them or not. Granted that doesn't go for some places still, but it seems the demand just isn't what a lot of people assumed it would be.

-Spenser

i think i know there are PS3s on the shelves , the cost there are more people that can get a xbox 360 and even more who can get a wii. $200 means alot, to alot of people the wii is hard to pay for.people who work 2 job to make a living for there family cany just say lets buy a wii. it may take a year to save money to buy a wii.

i know there are people that got the PS3 to sell it on ebay(they saw how the xbox360 sold for alot more) and didnt pay rent to get a PS3 and was hoping to make 2 times as much money just to have a good x mas.

this isnt a shot at the PS3, just sony's cell and blu ray idea

So? In the North American market, there isn't all that much interest after the initial batch (what one could call the Ebay batch :p)and they are sitting in a lot of stores. Not that hard to understand.

What do you mean "So".

Do you think none of us in Europe won't buy any? :rofl: As I've said in another thread almost everyone I know has a ps2 in their house and the majority of them have an interest in buying a PS3.

I'm still holding back my judgement till the console is released everywhere. Only then can we fairly start to analyze how well it's selling.

I have made some observations at store. This is no way empirical fact data, just my observations:

Over the last two months when i go into Best Buy or Target or Circuit City or Toys R Us, i see many people leaving with XBox 360's. Not Wii's or PS3's. Now this MUST be attributed to the demand and lack of supply. The Wii's are going out the door as soon as they come in. The PS3 are from what i gather from talking to sales people, not really coming in even though when they do they go flying out. It seems that people would rather buy their young gamers the Nintendo,hey it is family friendly, but will settle for the Xbox 360 because its in stock AND cheaper than the PS3 which most young gamers really seem to want. Microsoft and Nintendo also benefit from a 'Halo Effect' (thats a marketing term and has nothing to do with the game ;) )since the sony rootkit fiasco and the battery recalls and their track record with proprietary technologies; so that means to you non-marketing types, that Microsoft and Nintendo make a better product due to the positive experiences/media attention their products. I.E. most regular people like windows, it's simple and always works for them. This whole Windows XP has problems is horse crap and the greater majority of people have commercially built rigs from Dell, HP, etc that just work when they turn them on and they can go on the internet and do email, this leads to the perception that MS builds good things and makes people buy more of their products like the 360. The same applies to the Wii, people love Nintendo, the whole wand thing, even though there is a recall on straps isn't going to deter anyone, not to mention the kid/family friendliness of their products.

Then we move on to the impossible to find around here PS3 made by Sony, which as a company is suffering from lots of bad media, do you really want to shell out $600 for a first gen product thats supposedly full of defect and bad firmware and on top of that non existent in stores?

Then we move on to HD-DVD vs Blue-Ray, not because i am bashing but because this is supposedly effecting or going to positively effect the PS3 sales due to its inclusion of the blue ray drive. When i look at the store shelves, i can't find an HD-DVD player available. All salesman tell me they sell out as soon as they come in, the 2nd Gen Toshiba players. But there is literally 2 pallets worth of Blue Ray samsung players at the best buy this morning. The sales guy i know insists blue ray is better however its not selling due to the obscene price of the players. But its the holidays, let go into the actual movie isle and see whats up, well the same scenario everywhere, there seems to be more HD-DVD titles available but less quantities on the shelves due to sales. In Blue Ray there seems to be less movie titles available and more of each title on the shelves.

So all this leads me to the following conclusion.

Sony is not doing well with the PS3 (and Blue-Ray due to Pricing of the product) Due to the negative media attention and the fact that the PS3 hardware is near impossible to find in my area (NYC Metro). Next Christmas will probably be the major selling season for the PS3, once the negative hype has gone away, and there is an abundant availability of the product on store shelves. That coupled with the probability's that the HD-DVD Blueray war should be in full swing will spur sales of the PS3.

This post is in no way meant to be a bash at sony or a troll to start a flame war, its simply my opinion based on my observations during the holiday shopping season here in the New York City Metro Area.

What do you mean "So".

Do you think none of us in Europe won't buy any? :rofl: As I've said in another thread almost everyone I know has a ps2 in their house and the majority of them have an interest in buying a PS3.

I'm still holding back my judgement till the console is released everywhere. Only then can we fairly start to analyze how well it's selling.

Well, I do remember that same argument being used about people here in the States. Precicely they said "Eveyone I know has a PS2 and their interested in a PS3" and look at the situation here. Probably you and your friends are the exception when looking at the big picture.

I really don't think interest is fading. How can someone say this when the system is so close to launch. Most people that want it know it hard to find right now and are willing to wait a while. PS3 has already outsold Xbox360 in Japan and I'm sure would have greater sales numbers if more units were out. Wait till next year to see how the PS3 is doing.

I really don't think interest is fading. How can someone say this when the system is so close to launch. Most people that want it know it hard to find right now and are willing to wait a while. PS3 has already outsold Xbox360 in Japan and I'm sure would have greater sales numbers if more units were out. Wait till next year to see how the PS3 is doing.

Exactly. Look at what GOW has done for 360 sales.

Lets give the PS3 at least a year then and see what It can do (GOW came out a year after 360 right?)

Exactly. Look at what GOW has done for 360 sales.

Lets give the PS3 at least a year then and see what It can do (GOW came out a year after 360 right?)

Like 11 days under a year I think :p. It is a really good game. Give PS3 a while and lets see how it dose, I own one and I'm not like "omg PS3 pwnz0rz j00 X360". All I ask is everyone to give it some time for some better games come out before they all start saying it's a failed system.

I'll reiterate my last post. It's not like the 360 has the greatest launch lineup either. Yet you literally couldn't walk into a store any time you wanted and pick one up until March. The PS3 is already apparently at the point where you can walk into some stores any time you want and pick it up, despite shortages. There's something wrong with that picture. That's not to say it won't keep selling, but even I definitely did not expect you to be able to find any anywhere until early next year.

-Spenser

I actually do think it is fading somewhat, I mean you can go on Circuit City online every few days and they will be available for order....You have to get them in a bundle but still.....I was never able to find a 360 online at this time last year....

There may be PS3's sitting on shelves in suburban and rural areas, but I'm sure that in most, if not all, major cities they are as sold out as the Wii and 360. Living in NYC, I can say with confidence that almost every store that would sell consoles would be completely out of PS3s and Wii's... although I do hear a LOT more people asking for the Wii than the PS3.