180 PS3s Stolen from a Japanese Trucking Company

Given that these days, PS3s are selling on the resale market (e.g., eBay) for somewhere in the neighborhood of $800 or $900, someone in Japan stands to make a hefty profit. Asahi.com reports that on the evening of December 5, 180 units were lifted from the Meitetsu transport company's Ibaraki warehouse in Naka city (northeast of Tokyo), which should yield some serious dough, or whatever the Japanese slang for yen is. While this will only drive up the prices of PS3s in the short term (we hear 180 units is 80% of this week's production run), at least this good ol' fashioned theft was the type where no one gets hurt, or killed.

source.pngEngadget

we hear 180 units is 80% of this week's production run

thats a little scary.. but it's still earily in the PS3 stages, i guess it will take another month or two to triple that production.

we hear 180 units is 80% of this week's production run)

So they are only making 225 PS3's a week :blink: . That cannot be right.

hehehe... seems like stolen consoles is a new category on which Microsoft and Sony are competing as of late... :laugh: :rofl: :p :shifty: :whistle:

:rofl: :laugh: I was going to say something like "the ps3 is copying the 360 yet again...". But that would cause a flame to erupt from somewhere..

note: this is a joke, any hurt feelings must/and will be left by the curbside and we will move on as I wasn't being serious. /note