Use your SIXAXIS on your pc

Surprising? It was only a matter of time. Yes, the SIXAXIS can be used in Windows. wraggster was able to come up with a driver for you PC to recognize the PS3 controller. It works as a USB HID on Windows, but he still recommends that your OS should be Windows XP or higher.

Here are the instructions:

1. Download and install the filter driver (libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.10.1.exe).

2. Unpack ps3sixaxis_en.exe

3. Plug the SIXAXIS into your PC.

4. Run ps3sixaxis_en.exe once.

5. Push the PS button on the SIXAXIS once if it doesn't see it straight away.

Now before anything else, we've been hearing that the driver doesn't work for a couple of people. We're really not sure why, but if you follow the instructions carefully, we're sure you'd do fine. We've even gotten confirmation that someone was able to run it on a MacBook Pro via Boot Camp Win XP.

Yeah, the motion-sensing doesn't work, but hey!, it's a damn good start as any other! If the Wiimote's motion-sensors are already recognized, then soon enough, the SIXAXIS would be just as competent.

Download: [SIXAXIS driver for PC]

Comment:

? GTA:SA PC use with SIXAXIS

So today I took time off to install the SIXAXIS drivers, and when I loaded up PC version of GTA San Andreas, I was able to walk around CJ, get in the cars, shoot people, etc. Now the thing is all the controls are different. The left stick can be used for moving the character, but to step on the gas on vehicles, you need to keep pressing L3, which is kind of a bummer.

So I went to the Options and changed the controls to Joypad, and then changed the controls of foot and vehicle to the fitness of the SIXAXIS, and now it was working like a PS2 controller! This is SWEET!

I am thinking of opening up a site that many people can visit to join and help experiment in many different things we can do with the SIXAXIS, like control Bluetooth 2.0-built in PCs with motion sensor (im thinking of removing Bluetooth of PS3 or buying the part seperately from PS3 part sites coming soon, and modify it to work with the PC and use the SIXAXIS).

The Wiimote was easily hacked to sensor anything, even Half-Life 2(search youtube half life 2 wiimote) can be played from PC, so why not the SIXAXIS. 2.0 Bluetooth? IDK, but I do want to make a site where we can mod our SIXAXIS to the full capability, even control our TVs with a Bluetooth-modded insertion (X_X!!!).

Many are having troubles tho - its not working too great on all computers..

Im defnitely gonna try this - and if tilt sensor is supported in the future. Im eager to try BF2 or flight simulator with it:oo

well I guess it was really only a matter of time as they have already cracked the wiimote and the technology isn't different (that much?) still if it gives you the ability to choose the more the marrier :)

Maybe like the Xbox controller Sony will decide to support it for Windows and sell a couple more peripherals. (Y)

Maybe like the Xbox controller Sony will decide to support it for Windows and sell a couple more peripherals. (Y)

They do? :s How do you connect it?

Can you map the buttons your own way? Like in GTA and the like..

They do? :s How do you connect it?

Can you map the buttons your own way? Like in GTA and the like..

The wired controller, yes. It acts like a regular gamepad under windows and you can map the buttons how you see fit. The only obstacle is how the game lets you map the controls. GTA lets you do it, though.

Oh, so I cant use the wireless controller that came with my premium pack? Can I buy a cable for it or do i have to a buy another controller?
They will be releasing an adapter to use the wireless controller but for now it's only the wired one.