So im picking up a PS3 today ( 60 gig )

Is it even worth it? 500 bucks and a game included. The guy that is selling it opened it once and now has to pay rent so i offerd to buy it from him. But as i was lookin threw some of the things for it , it just seems to be the same games for the xbox 360 , So is it really worth it?

I wouldn't. Do what I am doing. Get an XBOX360 GRAW Bundle, an extra wireless controller, battery pack and charger and another game and you'll be spending about ~650 Canadian or 565 USD with tax.

Nice PS3 reviews:

http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardware/ps3.ars

http://reviews.digitaltrends.com/review2604.html

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/con...v.g3a.rssm1115b

Check out some reviews and really think about it personally as well. I think (and most reasonable people would agree) it's just not worth it whatsoever right now. Don't let anyone convince you that BluRay is better than HD-DVD either. That's not a good reason to get a PS3 at all. Pick up the HD-DVD drive addon for the 360 sometime in the future if you want to watch HD movies. Also, many of the same games look superior on the XBOX360 than the PS3. For proof, check this out: http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162742/i...eatures;title;0

Edited by illz55

Meh i dont really like to sell things , i was mainly seeing if it would be worth it in the long run , Like features and little things like that , I saw it works with the psp and i have one so..any key features any one likes about it?

I wouldn't. Do what I am doing. Get an XBOX360 GRAW Bundle, an extra wireless controller, battery pack and charger and another game and you'll be spending about ~650 Canadian or 565 USD with tax.

Already have a Xbox 360 with 4 wireless controlers , wireless headset and 4 batterys with the charger. And i also have a nintendo wii with 2 controlers , Zelda + Excite truck and trama center

well this is what i would do , is i would buy the xbox 360 and the nintendo Wii get 2 systems out of it,

Xbox 360 for graphics and the Nintendo Wii for a whole new fun game exsperiance new gameplay

well this is what i would do , is i would buy the xbox 360 and the nintendo Wii get 2 systems out of it,

Xbox 360 for graphics and the Nintendo Wii for a whole new fun game exsperiance new gameplay

Ive already got both lol

Ive already got both lol

I would still wait, but it's really up to you personally. You are well off, so financially I can't advise against it too strongly really. Just read reviews, check out some features and articles, videos and then decide I guess.

Such trollers! Don't even read what the guy is saying...immediately assume that he's making a bad decision.

Go for it mate - that's a good deal, and if you've got the money why restrict yourself to one system?

Such trollers! Don't even read what the guy is saying...immediately assume that he's making a bad decision.

Go for it mate - that's a good deal, and if you've got the money why restrict yourself to one system?

Haha , well i just wanted to see from people who owned a ps3 how it worked for you and some of the little things you liked about it , Yes i already have my wii and yes i already have my xbox 360 with the HD DVD drive and the wireless wheel. I just mainly wanted to know what the ps3 owners thought about it , If i do get it i wont be selling it for profit or any scam related thing like that , i mean i do love finaly fantasy and i have a tendcy to buy the wrong system when it comes out *cough* dreamcast , sega saturn , Sega *cough* so when i bought my PS Dual shock system and ps2 i played the hell out of all of them , and figured hell since the ps3 is out now wouldnt it win the console war in the long run so , to make a long story short , Just wanted to see what ps3 owners thought about it and what features they like the most , It seems to me that reviews dont really go in to details about little things , and i cant view most videos and sites cause im currently at work haha

I agree if you've got a 360 and a Wii and can score a good deal on a PS3 then get it bro.

If you have the money, go ahead. Some great games will come out, in the mean time you've got the X360 (which is what I'm doing, busting the X360 until MGS4 arrives).

Best combination is having all three, you won't miss a thing.

Go for it mate. You are getting it at a better price! ;)

I would reccomend the PS3 anyways...I would have gotten one if I was'nt over 50+ people at line at my stores with only like 10 PS3's at every store. :(

it's just not worth it whatsoever right now. Don't let anyone convince you that BluRay is better than HD-DVD either. That's not a good reason to get a PS3 at all. Pick up the HD-DVD drive addon for the 360 sometime in the future if you want to watch HD movies.

So another 200 for the hd dvd drive you are up to 765....I dunno

I haven't played one, but personally, If i was you, I would take up the offer. Even if there are no brilliant games out now, there are still a couple of decent titles (RFOM being the main one), and then you have all 3 consoles ready so when the killer titles come, it doesn't matter which console their on.

Why is telling him not to get it trolling? He already has an Xbox 360 and a Wii. The games so far are favoring the Xbox. He doesn't want to re-sell it so why should he get it even if it is cheap? He could spend the $500 on games for the 360 or Wii or just save it.

My suggestion: It's not worth it to you.

Why is telling him not to get it trolling? He already has an Xbox 360 and a Wii. The games so far are favoring the Xbox. He doesn't want to re-sell it so why should he get it even if it is cheap? He could spend the $500 on games for the 360 or Wii or just save it.

Because two of the first three replies didn't even read what he wrote.

I already own most of the games for the xbox 360 , cept the burger king ones lol , And the wii games..Meh , Dont think i would like sponge bob and happy feet lol. Well im gonna just buy the ps3 , The guy has , Fight Night Round 3 and RFOM that he is includeing in the bundle and a HDMI cord for 500$.

Is it even worth it? 500 bucks and a game included. The guy that is selling it opened it once and now has to pay rent so i offerd to buy it from him. But as i was lookin threw some of the things for it , it just seems to be the same games for the xbox 360 , So is it really worth it?

http://nexgenwars.com/ ;)

and that has anything to do with it why exactly?

The main reason for the PS3 lagging behind is simply sony couldn't make enough of them.

If sony made available the same amount of PS3's, as nintendo did with wii's, then I bet they would have all sold out.

Also - as the pop chart proves - the number of sales proves nothing

Why is telling him not to get it trolling?

No the trolling part is that they're telling him to get an Xbox 360 and/or Wii :s If they read what he'd written they wouldn't be suggesting that.

Atsuma, its a great deal you have there.

Id take it.

Do you need HD movie entertainment and a mediacenter?

Yeah , i got a 7.1 HDMI suround sound and a Vista media center. My current spec's of my comp are in my sig

Edited by Atsuma