Longest essay you've managed to write in 1 evening

I just finished a 3,100 word essay (seven page) that spanned over two days. The ones that take longer are the ones that I have to research. The longest I ever had to write was a ten page essay, but it took about the same amount of time because little research was involved.

I've graduated, but as an english major my average essay length was 2,800-3,200 words. My longest essays that I had to write were 4,300-4,500. I usually wrote everything in one night because I procrastinated a lot. I would usually be in bed by 2am, and would start to write at about 7:30-8pm (would get off work at 6:30, eat dinner, and then start figuring out what the heck I was writing). I pulled 4-7 allnighters in college. 3 of them were in a row (people started commenting that I looked like I was on the verge of death, lol).

I can regularly do 5k words in a night when im on a roll or having a moment of inspiration. I touch type at 75wpm with 98% accuracy so as long as I have the momentum and the inspiration, the quantity really isnt an issue, its concentrating on the quality that is important.

wow thats impressive - I figure that if I type constantly for 6 hours at 75wpm not stopping or not having any errors for 6 hours then ill get 27k words - and get into the guinness book of records lmao.

the longest in one night, I would have to say about 20+ pages. It was a paper on eCommerce.

the longest paper i have ever written would be approx. 100+ pages on a Internet Business plan.

These were done in University. From high school, I cant remember exactly, but i dont think I have ever wrote anything more than 20 pages.

In 12th grade I wrote a 24 page (roughly 6,000 word) essay on hacking the night before it was due.

It wasn't really all that bad, I started around 9pm and finished some where close to 3am. I think I even got an A or an A- on it. :yes:

In college, I wrote a 20 pager on MDMA the night before (Y). (Don't ever use MDMA by the way :pinch:)

Hmm, this year wrote a 35 page SWOT analysis (if your doing business you know what I'm talking about) on Apple computers in 3 days, also wrote a 60 page business plan for a luncheon I had to organize in about 4 days I believe...

Think 60 page was as much as I have ever wrote give or take, but have written quite a few this year...:/

Great.. :( And I want to major in business :(:(

i've been doing my papers the night before since the 7th grade..

in my high school and college years of English i've always done 3 - 5 full pages the night before.

the longest was a 30 page research paper i did on neuro surgery in the 11th grade the night before, including two personal interviews :p

• 11 months later...

Most people here don't seem to be REAL procrastinators. I myself have graduated from University and usually did my papers the night before they were due. Each semester I would have 2 essays that had to be 15-20pages with 30+ sources in the same week. I would start one the night before it was due and during the breaks, do the research for the other paper. My last year I had my 30 page senior Thesis due on Monday and I started it on Saturday.

well i did 3 papers last week, two due last tuesday and one on last thursday, and in the week span (more like 4 days) i managed to churn out a 2100 word paper, 3700 word paper and another 1700 word paper.... thats like 7500.... damn, shouldve started way earlier, but the mind tells me not to

and I thought I had a bad year this year, last week I managed to match this feat, 2 3000 words and a 1500.

Our high school english program was amazing. And by amazing I mean ridiculous. We had to write a 35 page term paper on a poem. :| I wrote it in three days and managed to get an A+. We had to have 100 sources. Obviously, I had gotten those sources prior to those three days.

Oh wow :|

I thought that my English was bad, but thats nothing compared to you. I had to do a 10 page screenplay this year, then write 2 essays analyzing it. :p

10,000 word essay, one night...

basically, i ran a stop sign i didnt see, fought it (admit with reason) because i had a perfect record to that point, judge had me write a 10k word essay on 'the hazards of driving' :p I am pretty sure they didnt read it, as i blamed police cars (especially when pulling someone over!) and billboards etc etc for causing problems on the road lol...this was...almost 6yrs ago

Well. I wrote 2700 words last night....my eyes are still blurry and watery....

a few weeks back I wrote 6000 words in one day....scary....

the first one was an essay, the second a report....

and **** happens!