Longest essay you've managed to write in 1 evening

Today pretty much sucked, I went into university to revise for an exam that I have on Tuesday and found out that a 2,500 word independent research essay which I thought was due in on Friday is actually due in for Tuesday morning, the same day as my exam.

It wouldn't be so bad if it were a straight forward question, but having to come up with the topic yourself makes it harder in my opinion. Anyway, I think I should be ok as I'm pretty much finishing up but I usually manage my time much better than this, I was just wondering what the longest allnighter anyone has managed as I'm sure it's much more than 2,500 words... it's gotta be a genuine essay though, not something like 'my dream of the year 3050 AD'

I longest I've ever written was ~1700 words in one night and it was in high school. I haven't had to write any 'big' essays in University yet, I guess its because I'm in 1st year and I'm taking a lot of science.

I'm in the 10th grade and so far I think that I've written a 3 page paper in one evening somewhere in the 9th grade. I wouldn't know how many words that is because we don't get word specific papers but I'm assuming it's less than the two of your's papers.

I have to finish a 4-7 page one tonight though, due Tuesday, so I might not finish it.

well i did 3 papers last week, two due last tuesday and one on last thursday, and in the week span (more like 4 days) i managed to churn out a 2100 word paper, 3700 word paper and another 1700 word paper.... thats like 7500.... damn, shouldve started way earlier, but the mind tells me not to

I have a 4+ page paper that I have to pass in tomorrow. It was due last Thursday. I have about 2 Paragraphs written.

lol, sorry but that literally made me laugh out loud. Good luck man, you should be able to get it done considering whatever time it is there though.

Not all written in 1 night, but just about finished a 9600 word report that I started a few days back. When I went to bed last night it was 6000, so I guess 3600 is my best in one day!

Oh..and thats for Computer Science, so science doesn't escape!

lol, sorry but that literally made me laugh out loud. Good luck man, you should be able to get it done considering whatever time it is there though.

The last paper I had to write was requirement 2+ pages.

Within an hour I did 4 1/2 Pages.

For the paper we had to compare two books neither of which I read. I got a B on it and the reason for only getting a B was due to the lack of punctuation.

Our high school english program was amazing. And by amazing I mean ridiculous. We had to write a 35 page term paper on a poem. :| I wrote it in three days and managed to get an A+. We had to have 100 sources. Obviously, I had gotten those sources prior to those three days.

^ where the hell do you go to school :o

In high school so many of my teachers would give 90+ students in previous grades 60s on their papers and give them comments like "Don't bull**** me" or "this paper is useless"

Hmm, this year wrote a 35 page SWOT analysis (if your doing business you know what I'm talking about) on Apple computers in 3 days, also wrote a 60 page business plan for a luncheon I had to organize in about 4 days I believe...

Think 60 page was as much as I have ever wrote give or take, but have written quite a few this year...:/

Hmm, this year wrote a 35 page SWOT analysis (if your doing business you know what I'm talking about) on Apple computers in 3 days, also wrote a 60 page business plan for a luncheon I had to organize in about 4 days I believe...

Think 60 page was as much as I have ever wrote give or take, but have written quite a few this year...:/

i have to do these all the times in college as well...my longest in one night was around 14 pages....longest paper i have written to date (this year) 55 pages

22 page paper in around 9 hours (and none of that double-spaced 12pt font nonsense). Fun times. :D Of course, it helps if you know the subject by heart sooo...

And to the guy that criticized Lord of the Flies, BLASPHEMY!

Hmmm, I'm actually in a French high school, my 5th year, senior year...My adored language is English. I have my reasons, mostly by simplicity, and the actual style of speaking. Anyways, I usually have to deal with French essays, but I guess, the highest grade I had for an English essay was the 2 pages one, which I did in class in about 45mins I suppose.

Well, it was my history Summitive for last year. And we had a good month or so to work on it. However, being me i left it untill the last night. So i had to do all my research and rough draft ect ect. It was 1839 words at the end of the day. I received an 83% for it too. :D