Longest essay you've managed to write in 1 evening

1,517 words(5 pages). I've had to do that once every two weeks this semester. :(

But, if we're counting by pages, I had a 12 pager with under 1000 words(graphs, lots and lots of graphs).

Edited by glitch409

It's not an essay, but I just spent an allnighter coding and writing the report/preparing the presentation for a Modelling & Simulation project. (My computer refused to compile, and I pushed it off until the day before it was due.)

So first I had to spend a few hours fixing MSVC, which for some bizzarre reason was giving me some kind of corrupt file error whenever I tried to link anything, anywhere, which was 'fun' to figure out. I ended up making a virtual machine around 4am, and doing it all in there.

It had something to do with buffer underruns and lossy networks. I don't know...OMNeT++ spat out some nice looking graphs, so I assume it all worked out in the end.

Edited by MioTheGreat

nice bump mldkfa

topic is atleast 1 year old and you had to bump it?

Who cares? As long as his reply contributes to the thread (which it did) then there shouldn't be an issue.

Well because of the English class i'm in we only have a minimum word limit and teachers a very surprised if you reach it any way our essay was on something like the differences between two t.v. shows the min. word count was something like 2000 and i got to 5000 before i finished it off.

I once did 3 9,500 word essays over 2 straight nights. Thing was I was high on god knows what to stay awake that long while still going to school and being alert during the day. By the time I got the 3rd one, the essay was going off in so many unrelated tangents it looked like one of the chuckle brothers wrote it. Still, got 94%, 92% and 90% for them (Y)

Thankfully, I'm not in a major where writing long papers is a common requirement. Usually, the really long ones are assigned in stages. Recently I wrote a 3 page 2000 word summary on the evolution of various wired and wireless communications in an hour and a half before the class in which it was due. Then I found out that the due date was pushed back a week, so I'm pretty thankful I didn't have to turn in that version.

Thankfully, I'm not in a major where writing long papers is a common requirement. Usually, the really long ones are assigned in stages. Recently I wrote a 3 page 2000 word summary on the evolution of various wired and wireless communications in an hour and a half before the class in which it was due. Then I found out that the due date was pushed back a week, so I'm pretty thankful I didn't have to turn in that version.

Yeah, picking a major where any paper you write is likely mostly equations, diagrams, and graphs with a few sentances intermixed to describe everything is great.

I wrote an 11-ish page research paper in high school in one night, back in 2003. The research was all done, I just needed to write it all out.

Here's a picture of me when I was writing it. Those are all my notes taped up around the monitor.

post-24828-1197417652_thumb.jpg

Wrote a 5 paragraph art history paper in like 4 hours once. We were supposed to go to a local museum and write on a piece of art there. I went on the website, picked 1 of 2 European pieces they had on the website, a Tintoretto piece. I then Googled it for better pictures, only found one. I wrote about it and got an A- Another girl in my class did everything perfectly and got a B. Yay for college.

It's been a long time since I wrote essays.

During my studies and work, long essays were not required.

It was more about practical and theory for me. I think, about 2 pages was my longest essay.