Sony Says All PS3 Manufacturing Problems Fixed

ps3scary.jpg

Good news everyone! Sony's communications boss David Karraker says the company is on track to ship 1 million consoles by Year end?that's three weeks from now?since all their manufacturing problems have been fixed. Looking at the numbers, we see that only 197,000 PS3 units were shipped during November, which makes their claim of hitting a four-fold increase dubious at best. In comparison, 476,000 Wiis and 511,000 Xbox 360s were sold in the same period. And to top those, 664,000 PlayStation 2s were sold. So if you believe Sony, you'll have a large chance to get your hands on a PS3 by the end of '06.

source.pngGizmodo

You'd think they'd have learned by now that they should say something like, "oh we'll ship 500k by year end" so they can say something good about themselves when they ship more, rather than being burned when they don't meet their goal.

-Spenser

Despite the probability that they won't make it Sony sold more than 197,000 in November, I believe that number was just the amount allocated to the USA. Unless the other numbers were only U.S figures.

That picture scares the crap out fo me, lol.

Doesn't the picture refer to a PS3 ad that had a baby in it? Though, I have to agree with you, it's not something I like to see alone in the dark :pinch: .

Scirwode

That picture scares the crap out fo me, lol.

so does that commercial..

they say SHIP.. but does that mean they could still be on route on December 31st?

Yes it is even though it is true. ;)

:laugh: If you want to believe that, go ahead. Doesn't make it true.

Good they fixed the manufacturing problems. Hopefully this can dwindle the amount of ravenous fanboys as least by a bit (because let's face it, they definitely won't get 1 million out before the year's end).

I guess it's good to have goals, no matter how unrealistic.

Exactly what I thought. PS3 is far from beating X360 or the Wii. In fact, according to current status, the PS3 has pretty much failed. It will definitely not get any better and at the present state, it isn't much of anything special. Just an expensive TOY plagued by the fact that it was manufactured by a company that has lost it's values and morals and in the end it will ultimately lead to its destruction.