PS3 Delayed till September?

First of all im not posting this just because its negative, its the top article on the games news site i look at and i thought people might be interested, im certainly not starting this to provoke a flame war. Now the disclaimers out of the way;

Sony's head of Worldwide Studios Phil Harrison recently told Official PlayStation Magazine that he wouldn't like to make any definitive statements about the March rollout for PS3.

Sony quickly followed that up with a statement re-confirming PS3 is on track for March 2007 across Europe. But speculation of a further delay just won't go away.

High placed sources within the industry have already been tipping April as a more realistic launch window the for console. But a source has told CVG that a PS3 delay as far back as September 2007 is now far more likely, pointing the finger of delay at - yes you guessed it - "component shortages". And let's face it, you don't launch a console in summer.

When contacted this morning a Sony UK spokesperson told CVG that "We're 100 percent on track for a March release".

Source: CVG.co.uk

Now i realise that Sony say its still on track, but with the constant slashing of the amount of consoles that are due this year then delaying PS3 till March in Europe i don't think anyone should rule it out, especially with the constant delay the PSP was for Europe.

I don't think it will be out in March. I think september is more realistic for the company who are the masters of delays. Did they do something similar with the PSP? was suppose to be out in March and it came out in September. They are a joke and i really hope they cannot meet the March deadline.

I doubt it will be delayed later, Sony can't afford it..also there was an article in the Games Section of Neowin here, saying Sony announced they fixed the manufacturing problems and they are on track to hit the 1 millions consoles (shipped) by 31 Dec target this year (I dunno how they will pull that off though...) and since that is the main reason for the delay, they got no excuse now not to release in March 2007 in my books.

The trouble is Sony don't seem too pressured by anyone about when it gets released. They already stated that the HD gaming starts when "they say so" which is total crap and any fanboy would back this stupid claim. I don't think there was any manfacturing problems with the PSP and what was it...a few weeks before launch they delayed it twice in total and finally released it in september which was a joke. I can see the same thing happening. So much for worldwide launch on day one. I think another thing that has to be considered is even if it is released in March will they be readily available or will only a handful of people get the machine?

more over estimation lol ... but yeah it does suck, i was thinking of getting one but im guessing the price maybe lower if it comes out in september i hope its not ?425 like what play.com had it on for, it it releases in September 07 with a price tag of ?300-?350 (60GB version), then ill snap it up straight away, if not then sony you just shot yourself in the foot. Ignoring Europe twice, first with PSP now with PS3. Serious sony is a micky mouse company.

The trouble is Sony don't seem too pressured by anyone about when it gets released. They already stated that the HD gaming starts when "they say so" which is total crap and any fanboy would back this stupid claim. I don't think there was any manfacturing problems with the PSP and what was it...a few weeks before launch they delayed it twice in total and finally released it in september which was a joke. I can see the same thing happening. So much for worldwide launch on day one. I think another thing that has to be considered is even if it is released in March will they be readily available or will only a handful of people get the machine?

Yes, yes - we got the part about the PSP.

You hate Sony..

yada yada yada

Yes, yes - we got the part about the PSP.

You hate Sony..

yada yada yada

I don't hate Sony as a matter of fact but they are taking the **** out of Europe. I was interested in getting a PS3, that was when they said it would be out by christmas 2006...so what happened to that claim then? Europe missed out yet again like they always do and we have to wait for the console and it will be priced more than in other regions which is not fair. Sony is a mickey mouse company thats for sure.

Blame your own country and their stupid high taxes for higher prices than the rest of the world

That was one of the issues i said but still doesnt affect the delay that we have been presented with by Sony purely because Sony doesnt take the European market seriously and think they have do whatever they want and people will jump head over heels when it comes out (which many will). Do you think people have been waiting more than a year for this thing to come out? Many just dont care anymore like me.

I got that fed up waiting i ended up importing my PSP at considerable expense. Sony need to buck up their ideas.

I did the same, i only got it for ?125 aswell was well chuffed, Jap import, PAL version, was mint.

Blame your own country and their stupid high taxes for higher prices than the rest of the world

ohh yeah since when was Europe one country? Taxes will not effect the delay. UK does get screwed all the time but then again lifes a bit*h...

March release would be nice, If it fails and gets knocked backed to september then many people will loose intrest, i can imagine it not doing soo well if that is the case. It is more likely as this is following the same footsteps as PSP ... semptember launch anyone???

I don't hate Sony as a matter of fact but they are taking the **** out of Europe. I was interested in getting a PS3, that was when they said it would be out by christmas 2006...so what happened to that claim then? Europe missed out yet again like they always do and we have to wait for the console and it will be priced more than in other regions which is not fair. Sony is a mickey mouse company thats for sure.

Noveed, im talking about PiracyX - United Kingdom

I said nothing about the delay..

sony wont care if it's released in september i reckon. they know they own japan and thats all they need

No of course they won't. They think they are controlling the market and can release it anytime they want. Still even if they release it in March its abit late than the promised "end of 2006" they said. And as for the taxes, we are still going to pay more than US & Japan before tax which Sony is making Europeans pay more for the console and get it later.

Lets wait and see...

I'll be unhappy if it is but this is just pure speculation. I'm sure we'll hear an official announcement about Europe at the start of January.

I wish people would get this right - the PSP was only officially delayed once in the UK

It was going to be launched in march at the same time as the US launch, but was delayed.

For a while there was a load of speculation, but the only launch date sony confirmed after delaying it in march, was the september date.

I wish people would get this right - the PSP was only officially delayed once in the UK

It was going to be launched in march at the same time as the US launch, but was delayed.

For a while there was a load of speculation, but the only launch date sony confirmed after delaying it in march, was the september date.

Ok then even if it was once delayed, how did it take them 6 months after the US to launch it? that is a joke.