PS3 Delayed till September?

Hardly, Sony said PS3 would launch worldwide 2006, i dont see a PS3 in the shops in europe, they also said they were gonna sell 4 million by year end 2006, which turned to 2 million, now its down to 1 million. They also said they would have 400k for America and 100k for Japan at launch, PS3 barely sold 450k to date.

Need i go on?

Hardly, Sony said PS3 would launch worldwide 2006, i dont see a PS3 in the shops in europe, they also said they were gonna sell 4 million by year end 2006, which turned to 2 million, now its down to 1 million. They also said they would have 400k for America and 100k for Japan at launch, PS3 barely sold 450k to date.

Need i go on?

But, but, this time they're not lying!!! :laugh: :x

The other thread in this forum which stated that Sony are launching it earlier isnt even from an official source from Sony so it could just be something made up. Sheppard facts are just the truth and sony are feeding you lot with false promises. I dont believe anything what Sony has to say either from themselves or a rumor. Ill wait until March and see if it really does launch but either way there are late so it doesnt really matter if they delay it anymore.

The other thread in this forum which stated that Sony are launching it earlier isnt even from an official source from Sony so it could just be something made up.

I thought Phil Harrisson was an offical source from sony?

I thought Phil Harrisson was an offical source from sony?

Like i said it doesnt matter if it comes from Sony themselves or just rumor you cannot rely on what they tell you judging on their past history of "lying". Ill believe it when they are in stores to buy.

Found this comment on www.threespeech.com

------------------------------------------

A few websites have reported that the PS3 launch in Europe is to be delayed past March. Sony have contacted us to say this is “categorically not true.”

A brief statement from David Reeves (President and CEO of SCEE) reads as follows: “We’re still on schedule to launch PS3 in March throughout the PAL territories and all speculation otherwise is without foundation.”

Need i go on?

None of the consoles met expectations on what they said they would sell. You forgot to mention that.

Need I go on?

They already stated that the HD gaming starts when "they say so" which is total crap

Yes it is. HD gaming starts when *gamers* say so, not when an ignorant company thinks so. (Seriously, Sony, who the crap do you think you are anyway? Just keep it up and see how many customers you have left)

I'm certainly no expert on consoles, but couldn't you just join the 8 Million+ happy XBOX 360 gamers? Doesn't XBOX 360 have 100+ HD games?

Why wait to buy a more expensive console when you can have an XBOX 360 now? And oh yes, it's in stock at your favorite retailer - just in time for Christmas. Unlike Wii and PS3 who decided that the 2006 Christmas season would be a great time to NOT have their products ready for purchase....marketing professionals at their finest!

They already stated that the HD gaming starts when "they say so" which is total crap and any fanboy would back this stupid claim.

I'm a fan of Sony and I wouldn't back that claim. You are taking things too emotionally. Who cares what the execs say at a company and let the games speak for themselves. You don't like the games on a console, fine that's a legitimate beef. You don't like the fact that Sony over promised and didn't deliver, oh well. I have never once played a video game and had any less fun because of what console I was playing it on and never once stopped playing a fun game due to the lies of some PR guys.

Yes it is. HD gaming starts when *gamers* say so, not when an ignorant company thinks so. (Seriously, Sony, who the crap do you think you are anyway? Just keep it up and see how many customers you have left)

I'm certainly no expert on consoles, but couldn't you just join the 8 Million+ happy XBOX 360 gamers? Doesn't XBOX 360 have 100+ HD games?

Why wait to buy a more expensive console when you can have an XBOX 360 now? And oh yes, it's in stock at your favorite retailer - just in time for Christmas. Unlike Wii and PS3 who decided that the 2006 Christmas season would be a great time to NOT have their products ready for purchase....marketing professionals at their finest!

I couldnt agree more with you there C_Guy (Y)

None of the consoles met expectations on what they said they would sell. You forgot to mention that.

Need I go on?

But we aren't talking about other consoles, we are talking about the PS3 in a PS3 thread, the fact is Microsoft and Nintendo launched consoles on time, 360 was a week or so between each region.

The reason i pointed out Sonys lies is they say one thing and do another, they say it will launch in March, but a month ago they said it would launch in November, theres no reason to talk them at their face value.

So stop trying to pick holes where there are none and deflect the criticism away from Sony.

Couldn't agree less with you guys :sleep:

You can't even stay awake to actually give a reason, eh? I'd be tired too waiting for that PS3 to arrive ;)

But don't be afraid to Jump In. ;)

But we aren't talking about other consoles, we are talking about the PS3 in a PS3 thread, the fact is Microsoft and Nintendo launched consoles on time, 360 was a week or so between each region.

The reason i pointed out Sonys lies is they say one thing and do another, they say it will launch in March, but a month ago they said it would launch in November, theres no reason to talk them at their face value.

So stop trying to pick holes where there are none and deflect the criticism away from Sony.

I'm not trying to deflect criticism, they lied about the amount of consoles that they would be able to ship. All 3 of the major console makers weren't able to meet what they said they would. Maybe it's not so much the fact of Sony lying but it's harder than you think to make consoles especially during a launch. That's why I brought Nintendo and MS into this thread.

So stop trying to ignore the facts and point blame only to Sony when the others had their share of problems too.

Sony sucks, MS sucks, Nintendo sucks. Now can we get back to talking about the games and not what Sony promised and lied to us about.

You can't even stay awake to actually give a reason, eh? I'd be tired too waiting for that PS3 to arrive wink.gif

But don't be afraid to Jump In. wink.gif

Really customers buy things and determine markets and not the makers?

No you can't buy a 360. It would be impossible. Plus it has no games.

Cause maybe some people want a PS3. I might just be taking random guesses at that one though.

Edited by mufdvr3669

The only reason I want a PS3 is MGS4

To be honest, I've given up on consoles, they're just too expensive, I find PC gaming much more fulfilling.

My little brother will be getting a Wii, and I think that's great fun, I might get a PS2 somewhere down the line though, so I can play my PS games (DMC, MGS and Tekken series)

They released MGS2 on the PC, and to be honest it wasn't that bad a port. If they released MGS3 with the online capabilities on the PC, it would be INSANE! :D

My post is losing its point, i'll stop talking now :)

I would also like to say the same for Devil May Cry, but the DMC3 port to the PC was AWFUL

I might get a PS3 at some point (if it's ever released lol)

-Rich-

I'm not trying to deflect criticism, they lied about the amount of consoles that they would be able to ship. All 3 of the major console makers weren't able to meet what they said they would. Maybe it's not so much the fact of Sony lying but it's harder than you think to make consoles especially during a launch. That's why I brought Nintendo and MS into this thread.

So stop trying to ignore the facts and point blame only to Sony when the others had their share of problems too.

Sony sucks, MS sucks, Nintendo sucks. Now can we get back to talking about the games and not what Sony promised and lied to us about.

Really customers buy things and determine markets and not the makers?

No you can't buy a 360. It would be impossible. Plus it has no games.

Cause maybe some people want a PS3. I might just be taking random guesses at that one though.

Bringing Microsoft and Nintendo into the thread is very low and trying to deflect the criticism Sony derserve on other Companies 'smaller' mistakes. Ok Microsoft promised to launch in the holiday season worldwide in 2005 and they DID SO, even though there was not enough to go round they still managed a worldwide launch something Sony HASNT EVER DONE. Nintendo aswell managed to launch their console worldwide during the holiday season of 2006 and again even though there wasnt enough to meet demand it still was done and fair play to both of them. Sony on the other hand blame 'maunfacturing problems' all the time, they did it with the PS2 and it was no mistake they would do it again with the PS3. They should learn not to bundle an expensive 'unproven format' or a ridiculous processor which is again is to expensive and hype it up, like any cares.

Sony havent even giving a exact date in March yet so they are not completely sure if the launch will happen in Europe but noone knows. Until Sony confirms the date then we will know more, but i wouldnt hold your breath as they have done it many times before and delayed yet again from the european market.

Your comment on customers deciding markets IS down to the CUSTOMERS! Its up to them to buy the units and make the product sucessful period!, not sony.

No thank you Sony i don't want your Blu-Ray crap. Just because the new playstation3 has a Blu-Ray player inside it, they (Sony) think its going to win the format war. Sony think they are controlling the market and delaying the PS3 will NOT hurt peoples desicion on waiting for the console but many people are not stupid of their lies.

I am not saying the PS3 is going to suck in anyway shape or form, it might actually be quite good, but lets face it, Sony have done all this themselves.

Sony could have done a world wide release too - but that would bring the rioting and chaos even higher..

Armageddon :o

No they couldn't, stop being a ignorant Sony Fanboy, you have not backed up all of your claims with proof. Sony couldn't do a world wide launch because of production shortages and problems with the Bluray drive (in the PAL regions).

No they couldn't, stop being a ignorant Sony Fanboy, you have not backed up all of your claims with proof. Sony couldn't do a world wide launch because of production shortages and problems with the Bluray drive (in the PAL regions).

Yep, Im a sony fanboy - but the funny thing is...the only nextgen console i own is a MICROSOFT XBOX 360 :woot:

Yep, Im a sony fanboy - but the funny thing is...the only nextgen console i own is a MICROSOFT XBOX 360 :woot:

That doesnt prove anything. You are finding ways to protect Sony which they derserve no defensive at all for what they have done.

That doesnt prove anything. You are finding ways to protect Sony which they derserve no defensive at all for what they have done.

Uhh, you guys said it yourself. Problems with the bluray drive in pal regions..

Im sure they did that on purpose :sleep:

Uhh, you guys said it yourself. Problems with the bluray drive in pal regions..

Im sure they did that on purpose :sleep:

Of Course they did it on purpose to promote the console so people will think its actually worth buying which its not lol. Blu-Ray is new technology and they are trying to bundle it in (forced mind you). Why do you find stupid things to throw back?

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=521203

I'm sure we'll see our March release. I can't wait :woot:

Fact is if European gamers don't mind waiting till March (I don't, many others don't) it doesn't particulary matter what anyone who wasn't intending to buy the console says.

All you guys bitching about the delay for europe, any of you actually affected? Any of you planning on buying the PS3? If potential buyers are lost then yes thats bad for Sony but people moaning who aren't even interested in the console... Sony won't care, it doesn't really matter.

Just wondering.