Video: Backwards Compatibility on PS3 Looks bad

HAHA another nail is Sony Coffin :laugh: Surely they could improve this with a firmware fix but the question is, why did they even bother with backwards compatibility if it was going to look like this? That is poor quality!

Edited by PiracyX

Sad. Maybe it has something to do with the Component Cables on the PS2. I know on the xbox 360 a lot of people complain that the vga cables sometimes look more washed out than the component for the same game.

I don't have a PS3 but I have read from user in different forums that the games looks the same. The only difference is the load time that is a little bit faster.

I bet that that guy is doing something wrong. If games really look like that we would have heard about that since the first day PS3 was released.

Edited by KoL

Wait, so the PS2 games look the same on the PS3 as they do on the PS2. Ok, so it's not a great deal, but MS figured out how to upscale everything and make BC games look even better on a 360, so I wonder why Sony isn't doing that.

I didn't watch the video here because the way it sounds, it was bad, but if things were actually that bad in all cases, I feel we'd have heard about it by now.

-Spenser

how many PS2 games will people actually play on a PS3 though?

I've only played 2 PS1 games on my PS2 (hogs of war and Driver 2). So for me anyway, backwards compatibility is pretty low down on what I want a console to do.

It's a certain percentage of games, not all. Sony do need to get shifting to fix it but it's not going to be a huge issue. BC is a lot easier for them then it is for MS.

Pretty sad that it looks better on the PS2 than on the PS3. :no:

It's a certain percentage of games, not all. Sony do need to get shifting to fix it but it's not going to be a huge issue. BC is a lot easier for them then it is for MS.

Apparently, that's not true.

Hmph, and I remember when Sony was bashing MS over this issue, saying they could do backwards compatibility right. Well this is clearly a sign that Sony needs to shut up.

I do like BC, and I don't like the way the 360 is doing it. But this is a Sony thread.

This doesn't bother me too much, I was expecting a trade off, and I am not really a graphics ###### anyway. Just let me play the game :)

^^ While it is worse it's not as big of a deal as everybody is making it out to be. Yes they need to fix it but you probably wouldn't notice if you didn't have the side by side comparisons.

ps3 has been more successful as far as BC goes than the xbox 360. way more compatibility. i play ffxii on my ps3 a lot and dont really notice much difference. i have a sharp eye too. weird!

sounds like a bunch of jealous teens in here!

^^ While it is worse it's not as big of a deal as everybody is making it out to be. Yes they need to fix it but you probably wouldn't notice if you didn't have the side by side comparisons.

I'd imagine it's fairly noticeable on a decent sized wide screen HDTV. The jaggies are very apparent.

ps3 has been more successful as far as BC goes than the xbox 360. way more compatibility. i play ffxii on my ps3 a lot and dont really notice much difference. i have a sharp eye too. weird!

Quantity over quality? Okay. :laugh:

At least they look good on the 360 and you are assured BC games will play.

Jealous teens? :laugh: I'll go play Halo 2 in 720p with proper texture filtering and anti-aliasing. You can play Kingdom Hearts on your PS3 and have it look worse than on the PS2 if you want.

"Sony got backwards compatibility right" my ass. :rolleyes:

Jealous teens? :laugh: I'll go play Halo 2 in 720p with proper texture filtering and anti-aliasing. You can play Kingdom Hearts on your PS3 and have it look worse than on the PS2 if you want.

"Sony got backwards compatibility right" my ass. :rolleyes:

Oh, So THATS why you bought you brand new x360 :woot: