New Features for the PS3.

Just got my ps3 yesterday so far it is alright. I miss some of the things that will be in this update but Ill be happy when they come out. My biggest gripe is that I can't turn on the console with the controller. :( I also really want to change how the hud looks. Like background and color wise.

Wow, the update sounds fantastic :) The PS3 -> PSP media streaming is one of the things I was most looking forward to in terms media functionality in the PS3, fantastic :) I don't see why they should make you pay for this feature specifically, seen as all it does is allow your PS3 to become a private streaming media server (although, I'd like to see how long it takes to get this feature running PS3 -> PC streaming, hehe)

Yea.. since when has Sony or anybody charged for firmware updates ?

Also,

Andy, I was talking to a PR at the 3space event and he said that the multi tasking would involve background downloading, playing music while gaming etc.

I guess no more need for in game custom soundtracks. Wow Sony is actually trying :D.

Just got my ps3 yesterday so far it is alright. I miss some of the things that will be in this update but Ill be happy when they come out. My biggest gripe is that I can't turn on the console with the controller. :( I also really want to change how the hud looks. Like background and color wise.

You sure about that? It should work - I think I saw it in a video..

Cloudstrife13, can you confirm this? :p

I'm sure there will be but Brandon said he likes the 360 Spring update more so than the ps3's, however the spring 07 update list for 360 hasn't even been announced :wacko: Why would he bring it up.. lol

Uhh, maybe cuz he works there... :yes: He would know...

-Spenser

Uhh, maybe cuz he works there... :yes: He would know...

-Spenser

That's probably why he likes it better also. Maybe we could ask a Sony employee on who's update they like better. :sleep:

Anyways, they should of had most of these at the time of launch. The tivo feature would be very nice. Hopefully they will add some time of video input in a future version of the console or easy access to one seeing as many people still do not own such a device and it would provide another step for the PS3 to be an all media console.

I found out it works sometimes and other times it doesn't. D:

But you said it like the new features were bad and hoped they would remove them to get back on track..

Mustve misinterpreted you

Riiight. Well, I was pretty clear so I suppose our discussion is over.

It is good of Sony to be implementing new stuff. :)

I really need multitasking... it'd be great if I could do other stuff while the 800 mb demos and other stuff are downloading.

Is Sony going to fix their 100mbs OS problem? It's crippling the system from what I've heard?

I guess you've seen me post a lot other places, after you called out my name I was looking for a post by me on this topic but there was none...

Anyways to answer your question yes you can turn on the system with the controller, the PS3 power switch in the back has to be on (witch I leave on the whole time). Simply turn on the PS3 by pressing the PS button the the the PS3 controller. Holding the PS button for about 3 seconds will get you a menu to turn off the controller or shut down the system also.

Some people have been having syncing issues with their controller, while I haven't had one I'm guessing its some small flaw or something to do with interference.

I really need multitasking... it'd be great if I could do other stuff while the 800 mb demos and other stuff are downloading.

Is Sony going to fix their 100mbs OS problem? It's crippling the system from what I've heard?

Yeah I heard about how the OS reserves 96MB of ram, The reservations do seem quite large, but I do agree this has to be fixed. A lot of things should be fixed on PS3 right now and I hope Sony dose. I am happy with my PS3 but I am willing to admit it's not perfect :p

Yep. You can even hook an IPod and transfer the music.

Or even use it as an external hard drive to backup your PS3, such as your demos, music, picutres etc etc.

I'm glad the PS3 added that backup tool last week :)

That's probably why he likes it better also. Maybe we could ask a Sony employee on who's update they like better. :sleep:

You're special. Obviously the fact that he works probably greatly influences which update he likes better. I was responding to the fact that the other poster didn't seem to know how Brandon would know about what features are going to be in that update.

-Spenser

I found out it works sometimes and other times it doesn't. D:

I guess you've seen me post a lot other places, after you called out my name I was looking for a post by me on this topic but there was none...

Anyways to answer your question yes you can turn on the system with the controller, the PS3 power switch in the back has to be on (witch I leave on the whole time). Simply turn on the PS3 by pressing the PS button the the the PS3 controller. Holding the PS button for about 3 seconds will get you a menu to turn off the controller or shut down the system also.

Some people have been having syncing issues with their controller, while I haven't had one I'm guessing its some small flaw or something to do with interference.

Tooooooold you so, Dirk Diggler :p

Cloudstrife13, youre the only I remember saying having a PS3 sooo

Youre our link to 'the inside' :shifty:

Having had mine for almost a week now I am pretty happy with it so far. I mean there is a lot that can be changed or fixed and added. For the most part though I like it.

Some stuff that could be added or fixed.

--Auto Load of Games or Movies when you turn the system on. That is the most annoying thing to me. Maybe I just haven't found out how to turn it off yet but I want to stab myself every time I have to wait to exit out of Resistance.

--The ability to go back to friends or anything like that when you are in a game.

--More arcade stuff. I think there is what 2 or 3?

--A 1080p game. I know neither console (360 or PS3) has one yet but I still want one.

--I absolutely miss rumble. The controller feels like if I grip it hard enough it will break. You can see through it for god sakes.

--More options with your online name, or just with online in general.

--The ability to take the PS1 games I own and play them on the PSP. Syphon Filter for example. Why should I pay again when I already own the game.

--The loading times. Maybe I am just use to Gears of War having hardly any load time but waiting for Resistance is load is kinda "blah" after playing it.

--More people. More people really need to get a PS3 so I can actually get a full game of Resistance to see what it is like with 40 people.

I'm sure I'll think of some more as I play Resistance more. Just waiting for more games to come out. Also I noticed while I was in Resistance multi player the game flinched lost signal and then came back on but maybe it was just my TV so I will let that slide.

Yea it's almost 4 in the morning so I think that might be it for now.