Metal Gear Solid : Portable Ops

I don't really play PS2 online. I have tried it with quite a few games and its too terrible. As for the Xbox, as a system I don't see what it can offer me in terms of games beyond Halo. I have tried Tom Clancy's games off and online and they all sucked. Yes this includes Splinter Cell. SOCOM was even worse, the lack of a shield system really kills it for me.

Other than that I'll pick up one when Halo 3 ships just like I did with the original Xbox when Halo 2 shipped. I still have to finance my summer vocation though.

• 2 weeks later...

i have portable ops, MGS 3 and subsistence i haven't gotten online with sub yet want too... i'll get my ass handed to me i've only beaten both like 50 times already.

Snake eater is MGS3? I might do that, i briefly played MGS2, is it much different? I recall MGS2 being a little more 'Resident Evil' like in terms of how the camera works, and that kind of frustrated me.

Cheers Anthony. I might hop online and give it a buzz. I don't usually gun people down in the game though, usually take the game alot slower and pick people off, I can't imagine the online would suit my style of play..

I was looking at this thread to see spoilers on the entire plot. I won't own a PSP. Anyhow .... I promise there are no spoilers here:

(Assuming you're talking of the PS2 version, unless they're on the PSP) MGS3 is like MGS2 on crack ... its the only way to describe it. I loved the plot twists in MGS2 but MGS3 makes everything make sense. Its the best story in a video game I've ever seen. Makes more sense too when you think of all the consipiracy theory, historical, economic, political implications what the plot reveals. Might understand it better if you're a bit older (I played @ 25 ... you'll see it much differently than if you're 16 or 18 for ex.)

Anyways, I felt the cinematics were a good combo from the MGS series, but its a bit James Bond (especially the "real" intro movie after 15 min game play) & Bourne Suremacy mixed all in. Game play way emphasis is on survival - finding food and healing yourself. The bad guys are really great for the story in this one. The End is a really cool character.

A lot of action, stealth, great voice overs etc. I've been gaming for over 10 years now. This game out of ten gets a 20. MGS3 : Best game I ever played. I cannot underscore that. PM me if you have a question on it, as I don't follow the console threads quite as much.

I hate Konami

Konami has announced that the European versions of Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, due in April, will ship with new game maps, characters, and missions.

Portable Ops takes place in 1970 and starts up just after the events of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. Players take on the role of Snake (the Big Boss), who is putting together an elite unit of soldiers called Foxhound.

The game also makes use of the PSP's wireless mode, and by scanning for Wi-Fi access points, players can pick up unique recruitable characters generated by the access point's MAC address.

An additional 12 characters have been added to the European release, and the roster of the previously available characters has been slightly altered. Another bonus added for European gamers is the new "Boss Battle" mode, where players are rewarded for defeating the game's tougher enemies with new recruitable characters.

This better work with US PSP. Because am getting it.