PS2 Games are too expensive!

My brother was going to the shopping centre, so I asked him to pick up Vice City Stories (PSP) and Bully/Canis Canem Edit (PS2). He shopped around at all of the major retailers (EBGames, Big W, Kmart, Target, etc) and the PSP Game was about $60 and the PS2 Game was about $80! One would think that the PS2 Game would be cheaper, because it's not a secret that the PS3 is here. The PSP Game would logically be more expensive because the PSP is not obsolete.

I got him to return it. $80 (AUD) is too much for a PS2 game. For $80, I could get a Mod-Chip in my PS2 and download it, and then buy it when the price goes down.

Your logic is slightly flawed :)

A new console being released does not necessarily cause last-gen game prices to fall. Look at Xbox games, they're still the same price even though the 360 is here.

The PS2 is also not obsolete. It's selling like hot cakes due to the fact that it's dirt cheap now, and it's probably outselling the 360 right now. Plus a PS2 game has more 'content' than a PSP game, and would probably have higher production costs.

Dunno about PSP games but I can pick up Canis Canim Edit (Bully) for ?14.99 here:))

Try shopping online as well, you tend to get games a lot cheaper.

AU$70-$80 is not too bad for new console games. And PS2 is far from obsolete here, since most of the Top 10 games usually come from it:

Top%2010%20All%20Full%20Priced%20Gam.gif

Compared to DS games which retail for $60-$70, and Xbox 360 games at $90-$110, it's not really asking too much.

If you wait a few months as the price will be $40-$50 soon enough. Or you could just try eBay.

Your logic is slightly flawed :)

A new console being released does not necessarily cause last-gen game prices to fall. Look at Xbox games, they're still the same price even though the 360 is here.

The PS2 is also not obsolete. It's selling like hot cakes due to the fact that it's dirt cheap now, and it's probably outselling the 360 right now. Plus a PS2 game has more 'content' than a PSP game, and would probably have higher production costs.

i agree with the 'logic' part...