psp question

Right so i'm buying myself a white psp for xmas. However, I read a guys blog a while back saying he returned his psp like 4 times till he got one that didn't have dead pixels and stuff in the screen. I'm just curious if dead pixels and stuff are common with psps or if the guy i'm talking about had a bad streak of luck with his ?.

I've bought and sold my psp a couple times, and never had any dead pixel problems. Only once did I have it, but it was a chunk of them in the bottom screen, but other than that, I've had good luck with them.

I had one on UK launch, and have no dead pixels, yet my friend bought one the same day, and did. It's just luck of the draw. All LCD's have a risk of having a dead pixel, and from what I've seen, the PSP is no different to other LCD screens (as in its not worse than others, but its not more immune to them aswell)

it was never really dead pixels that was the problem, at least for me. mine had a few specs of dust under the screen. can't see em unless i look for them, and with a protective cover on, now i can't see them at all.

LOL yes screen protectors on my list, i bought the base console pack ... im doing the most funny thing atm cause my house is very dusty i don't have any screen protectors yet, i just wrapped up the psp is gladwrap (food wrapping plastic) which seems to be doing a good job even though its impossible to be perfectly flat so few tiny air creases in it on the screen but besides that its keeping my dirty finger prints off its sexy white shell :p

i also just purchased this http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=82080053 so wont need to use this food wrap too much longer lol. now all i need to get usb data cable, a memory stick and a game to finally play instead of watching little videos on the dumb demo disk LOL ... oh and eventually a wireless router ;p

I haven't got any dead pixels but you can ALWAYS ask merchant to unpack PSP so you can see how it's working and if there's any dead pixels.

As for screen - I've bought screen protector before buying a PSP. Altough I put it a bit not right I haven't moved it. I have my PSP from more than 6 months now and there is no visible flaw on screen or protector. I suggest you buying HORI one - those are heard to be the best ones

Well all you guys were in luck. I bought two Giga packs for last xmas. One for me and one for my gf. We opened up hers and it was fine, but we opened up mine and there it was, one dead pixel in the top left. I took it back the next day (since it was before xmas and I coudn't wait for xmas to open em) and Ebgames told me they don't exchange dead pixel psp's. They said SONY does not cover that in their warranty. In other word SONY is saying You might get a messed up LCD from us but if you do, we won't fix it. I was so mad. Oh well though nothin I could do. I even tried that flashing the screen this to see if it was just a froze pixel but nope. Didn't work. But now due to the lack of variety in games we hardly play it. Its still cool to have when you're somewhere and you need to game.

heh, yea is it good to get screen protectors even if you use a face plat thingy ?

the faceplate thing is nice. I had the logitec one. But after a while when dust or any little things gets under there it starts rubbing on the screen and scratching it. I took it off now because it started scratching it a little too much. But just make sure you guys keep it clean.

contact sony it is covered.

Manufacturer's Fault with PlayStation?Portable console inside one month

Fault found within 30days of purchase, console is valid for a new exchange. Customer can call the Sony PlayStation support line and organize a service. A Proof of purchase must be kept in order to claim a warranty service.

Well all you guys were in luck. I bought two Giga packs for last xmas. One for me and one for my gf. We opened up hers and it was fine, but we opened up mine and there it was, one dead pixel in the top left. I took it back the next day (since it was before xmas and I coudn't wait for xmas to open em) and Ebgames told me they don't exchange dead pixel psp's. They said SONY does not cover that in their warranty. In other word SONY is saying You might get a messed up LCD from us but if you do, we won't fix it. I was so mad. Oh well though nothin I could do. I even tried that flashing the screen this to see if it was just a froze pixel but nope. Didn't work. But now due to the lack of variety in games we hardly play it. Its still cool to have when you're somewhere and you need to game.

the faceplate thing is nice. I had the logitec one. But after a while when dust or any little things gets under there it starts rubbing on the screen and scratching it. I took it off now because it started scratching it a little too much. But just make sure you guys keep it clean.

Depends how many dead pixels there are, and what kind of dead pixel it is, and how big the spot is and so on..

Depends how many dead pixels there are, and what kind of dead pixel it is, and how big the spot is and so on..

It looks like its just one pixel. Would they cover that? I still got the receipt and box and everything too.

Sorry for double post just thought I would share a laugh about my PSP, I have a anti-hombrew plagued TA-082 with FW 2.70 :rofl: ... i'm sure there's ways around it just take some intense googling considering I dont under-stand all this stuff yet :no: