Sony Exec: Nobody will Ever Tap Full Power of PS3

What a loon. Seriously, you don't ever make comments like this. Just completely retarded :wacko:

All it is, is that they are starting more hype about the PS3 being that powerful that no one could ever use the full potential. But in reality, they are really saying. "Well, in theory, we should have a Supercomputer under the hood; but we really don't."

It's a double edged sword: Smart, but completely stupid at the same time! :p

All it is, is that they are starting more hype about the PS3 being that powerful that no one could ever use the full potential. But in reality, they are really saying. "Well, in theory, we should have a Supercomputer under the hood; but we really don't."

It's a double edged sword: Smart, but completely stupid at the same time! :p

It WOULD be smart if everyone didn't see right through it for what it really is....

Maybe this is one of those "Nobody will ever need more than 64MB ram" statements... in a few years, we'll see. Right now, no game would fill up one of those blu-rays, would it? Same with the "power". One day, it might happen :p

Man i feel sorry for developers. They said the PS2 was hard to code for and now teh PS3 is even harder.

The PS3 is supposed to be easier for developers to code for than the PS2. The PS3 is harder to code for than the 360 though.

i belive sony only hires morons and crack heads ! there marketing team must not get much sleep

Hey I have relatives who work in sony!! :pinch: (please dont kill me!)

albeit they dont do anything to do with ps3 or marketing(thank god :D ) just hd cameras.

interesting. although my feelings have already been posted like 20 times :p

Well some of us might not have read them so feel free to share.

I just think Sony continues to say stupid things, it almost reminds me of a boxer that has a crappy personality and talks entirely too much crap to the point that nobody likes them, Sony needs to stop acting like they are the $hit and become a little more humble, because at this point in the game the most humble company is running away with things (Nintendo)...

If this is really the case, why don?t they put in slower components (that will reach the full potential) and drop $100? We wouldn?t notice any different, because the ?fast PS3? wouldn?t be used to its fullest anyway.

I know you can?t just pick some abstract specs, and go from that, but doesn?t it seem like poor engineering if they are building something overly expensive that isn?t necessary?

Not to mention the fact that the current specs they are using are in short supply (My point being that they would most likely be able to get more of a slower product).

Do you guys see where I?m coming from with this?

I totally get you! Sony is just trying to discuss the current state their in. If anyone saw the side by side comparison over at gamespot, you know that the 360 games look better. The same games. It's tough that Sony has to be on the defensive side, but that's what you get for promising far more than you could deliver.

Remember that the PS2 has export limitations because of it's "supercomputer specs" could be used for building missile launcher and such? Maybe those where the WOMD Bush was ;)lking about... ;)

If this is really the case, why don?t they put in slower components (that will reach the full potential) and drop $100? We wouldn?t notice any different, because the ?fast PS3? wouldn?t be used to its fullest anyway.

That is just what I was thin:png..... :p

Of course they have, what a daft statement.

Its easy to make a game use 100% CPU and graphics power, its more a question of how much you get out of it. Kinda like how the SNES was capable of crappy looking graphics, and then Rare figured out a way to make the Donkey Kong series look so awesome. To most, they had already tapped the full power.. but then someone else found a better way. :)

I wanna play my games, not have a relationship with its makers and the makers of the console. "Game" consoles and their online service portals are just multimedia cash cows anymore.

And why should I crap out 600 bucks for a device that is too powerful to ever make full use of? Very smart marketing strategy. LOL

Kinda like how the SNES was capable of crappy looking graphics, and then Rare figured out a way to make the Donkey Kong series look so awesome. To most, they had already tapped the full power.. but then someone else found a better way. :)

SuperFX chip FTW :p

Hey I have relatives who work in sony!! :pinch: (please dont kill me!)

albeit they dont do anything to do with ps3 or marketing(thank god :D ) just hd cameras.

i dont like sony cameras ;)