# Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR'96

# Infinity G35 Coupe

# Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR'05

# Lotus Elise 111R'04

# Nissan Sky Liner GT-R V Spec II '94

# Toyota Celica GT-FOUR Rally Car '95

# Ferrari 599'06

Tracks

The course is the all new Eiger Nordwand, and you'll be able to race it normal and reverse.

More Info

You start the demo off exclusively with the Cappuccino, but by clearing the time attack mode in a pre-set time, you'll be able to unlock the next car. Eventually, you'll unlock a drift trial mode.

Asked to explain why Sony decided to skip out on a retail release for Gran Turismo HD, and instead focus on GT5, Yamauchi admitted that following the Tokyo Game Show, gamers expressed their desire for the full game. He made specific mention of overseas gamers, which means that if you complained on a message board, your voice might have been heard.

On the topic of the GTHD Concept demo itself, Yamauchi revealed that the Christmas Eve download will include Polyphony's next generation driving simulation engine. According to the producer, this engine fixes such areas as drift control and drift angle. As previously announced, the demo won't have online races, but it will offer network rankings separated according to the various cars. Replays from the top ranked players will be available for download, so you can see how the best of the best race.

More downloadable content will become available before GT5's full release. Yamauchi promised a photo mode of some form to become available for download. He wouldn't give a specific time frame.

Yamauchi also promised an official announcement for Gran Turismo 5 before the next Tokyo Motor Show, scheduled for October 27, 2007. We plan on getting close and personal with the GTHD Concept demo until then.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/751/751831p1.html

After this I cant wait to see GT5 :woot: :woot:

Hold on a sec.........there in game shots?

This is the version that was just like the upscaled Ps2 version with HD textures?

How real is the ps3 version gona look.......

This is the version that was just like the upscaled Ps2 version with HD textures?

I'm guessing they worked a little harder on getting this demo up to par as they only had a limited amount of cars and one track to do. As we know the actual game itself was scrapped to concentrate on GT5 which = less to work on.

It looks like the footage is taken from replay mode which does look slightly better than in-game. Well it did on the ps/ps2 anyway! We'll know in a few days if this really is what we'll be playing :)

Edited by Something Corporate

pics look great, dont know if it will actually do that in the game though.. and if it does look that good, forza 2 better look just as good or im selling my 360 and getting ps3

...Wow :o I never thought I'd say this but I'm seriously considering getting a PS3 :|!

Graphics are only going to get better on PS3 and Xbox360 in time. Wait till next year I'm sure both systems will have lots of amazing games. I have a PS3 and I love it but there isn't a ton of great games out, I'm looking forward to next year to see what it can do :).

Im not a fan boy of any console. I own a 360 and will one day get a PS3 if the right games come out on it.

What I would say though is the following, from seeing the HD trailer.

The cars are well done, lots of polys, reflections, simulated hdr lighting, but still casting a hard shadow. Very nice, but nothing new, seen on PC and 360 in one form or another. The drivers look nice, move realistically but again nothing new.

The crowds dont cast shadows, even unrealistic ones. The people look like they are floating and arent moving. The motion blur goes a little way to hiding this, but not as next gen as I would have hoped.

Trees look ok, not that detailed, cast shadows though. Lots of them.

The mountians in the background look like an image, just a nice hires one.

Grass and roads. Just hires textures and and bit of bump mapping.

The buildings look medium res models with hires textures, much like you see in gears of war when the content is loading in the multiplayer and you see the scene build up.

All in all not that impressed. It looks like most of the processing is done to draw the cars to a high level of detail. Everything else is either faked using textures or hidden with the motion blur, which isnt the best I have seen.

Does this show the power of the PS3, yes to a point. It shows the power to shift around hires textures and more polys than the PS2. The 360 run the same demo if it had to.

What I believe impresses most people is the overall photorealistic feel the game puts across. Apart from the cars, which are very detailed, most of this is achieved by textures. There is a process of 'Baking' a texture with pre calculated lighting, so it looks good and fits in with the surroundings but actually is still just a flat image the processor is moving around.

Greas of War is the perfect example for this as you can see the process the GPU goes through when loading a multiplayer game.

This has been done for years in the special effects industry to cut down on render times. Programs such as lightwave can 'Bake' a model in minutes. Look here for a quick example. I believe the enviroments were rendered in a seperate package, the textures were baked with lighing info, shadows etc. Then loaded into a lower res scene for the PS3 engine.

Basically to get a photorealistic looking game they are using photorealistic textures rather than having the PS3 calculate everything on the fly. Thats pretty much what all next gen titles are going to be like. I remember a quote from Microsoft saying they doubled the amount of onboard memory for the 360 because Epic said GoW needed it.

Im not a fan boy of any console. I own a 360 and will one day get a PS3 if the right games come out on it.

What I would say though is the following, from seeing the HD trailer.

The cars are well done, lots of polys, reflections, simulated hdr lighting, but still casting a hard shadow. Very nice, but nothing new, seen on PC and 360 in one form or another. The drivers look nice, move realistically but again nothing new.

The crowds dont cast shadows, even unrealistic ones. The people look like they are floating and arent moving. The motion blur goes a little way to hiding this, but not as next gen as I would have hoped.

Trees look ok, not that detailed, cast shadows though. Lots of them.

The mountians in the background look like an image, just a nice hires one.

Grass and roads. Just hires textures and and bit of bump mapping.

The buildings look medium res models with hires textures, much like you see in gears of war when the content is loading in the multiplayer and you see the scene build up.

All in all not that impressed. It looks like most of the processing is done to draw the cars to a high level of detail. Everything else is either faked using textures or hidden with the motion blur, which isnt the best I have seen.

Does this show the power of the PS3, yes to a point. It shows the power to shift around hires textures and more polys than the PS2. The 360 run the same demo if it had to.

What I believe impresses most people is the overall photorealistic feel the game puts across. Apart from the cars, which are very detailed, most of this is achieved by textures. There is a process of 'Baking' a texture with pre calculated lighting, so it looks good and fits in with the surroundings but actually is still just a flat image the processor is moving around.

Greas of War is the perfect example for this as you can see the process the GPU goes through when loading a multiplayer game.

This has been done for years in the special effects industry to cut down on render times. Programs such as lightwave can 'Bake' a model in minutes. Look here for a quick example. I believe the enviroments were rendered in a seperate package, the textures were baked with lighing info, shadows etc. Then loaded into a lower res scene for the PS3 engine.

Basically to get a photorealistic looking game they are using photorealistic textures rather than having the PS3 calculate everything on the fly. Thats pretty much what all next gen titles are going to be like. I remember a quote from Microsoft saying they doubled the amount of onboard memory for the 360 because Epic said GoW needed it.

Nice post :yes:

Its impressive from the point of view that this demo started out as an "upgrade" from the previous GT to try and show whats to come from the GT series. When the actual next successor GT5 hits the ps3 im sure we'll be in for a bigger treat.

Hold on a sec.........there in game shots?

How real is the ps3 version gona look.......

It started out to be an upscaled version of GT4 but they've canned that to work on GT5 and this demo is showing off the new engine for GT5, i still expect GT5 to look better than this though.

Nice post :yes:

Its impressive from the point of view that this demo started out as an "upgrade" from the previous GT to try and show whats to come from the GT series. When the actual next successor GT5 hits the ps3 im sure we'll be in for a bigger treat.

Thanks. I did think I was going to get flamed...

I would say that Polyphony Digital has made some of the best looking and most impressive games I have played. I think the demo doesnt so either the PS3 or the developers any justice for the reasons in my last post. I aso cant comment on the physics of the game, which is a major part of any GT experience.

I was just putting across my thoughts which stem from working in the industry (a related one at least).

isnt this the one that will charge for maps and cars ?

It was, but its now being distributed for free over the playstation network. Think of it as a tech demo for whats to come in GT5.

Uh.. I don't want to have any doubts but... what if that's just CGI? I clicked the youtube link and it was just the PS3 playin a trailer...

Uh.. I don't want to have any doubts but... what if that's just CGI? I clicked the youtube link and it was just the PS3 playin a trailer...

Its out in a few days time Im sure they wouldnt be throwing out trailers of pre-rendered or cgi stuff at this point :yes:

watch the 1080p trailer from the rapidshare link, its better.

Graphics are only going to get better on PS3 and Xbox360 in time. Wait till next year I'm sure both systems will have lots of amazing games. I have a PS3 and I love it but there isn't a ton of great games out, I'm looking forward to next year to see what it can do :).

:yes:

Thanks. I did think I was going to get flamed...

I would say that Polyphony Digital has made some of the best looking and most impressive games I have played. I think the demo doesnt so either the PS3 or the developers any justice for the reasons in my last post. I aso cant comment on the physics of the game, which is a major part of any GT experience.

I was just putting across my thoughts which stem from working in the industry (a related one at least).

It was a very nice post. Very informative and unbiased. :)

Those images look sexy.