PC World Calls PS3 a mistake

I wouldn't mind if you started looking around this thread and seeing why the bash continues with every page. What the hell does the X360 and it's problems have to do with Sony's problems? Nothing. So instead of just randomly replying because of answers you don't like (I suppose you'd call that destructive critcism :rolleyes:), what about you start participating in the discussion instead of insiting more negative replies.

We are not doing anything against the rules and as you said, we are discussing. Just because you don't like what's being written here, doesn't make us uneducated. I've got ZERO warnings coming to this thread or any other forum in this site. If you can't handle the criticism, why are you reading whole 10 pages filled with something you obviously don't like to read? And more important, what do you expect from threads like this one?

I've even been called a mexican drug smuggler in this forum just for pointing out PS3 mistakes. :laugh:

Um maybe you need to read the 10 pages. The initial post discusses the opinionated "ps3 too pricey" element and the shortages.

The shortages being a FACT, the console costing too much? Consumers opinion. That is NOT a fact. Many things in life are comparable feature wise but one of the two may cost more. It's not just with consoles. Therefore you have to ACCEPT that some people may think the PS3 is fairly priced.

Now enough of the above.

This topic is full of comments such as

- "but don't forget, the new year starts when Sony says so rofl.gif so 2007 might be a little late"

anything to do with topic or useless flaming?

- entropyx getting taken apart (his IQ questioned? jeeez oh...) for feeling the ps3 is worth the price.

as ive said some people may enjoy the package they are getting and feel its worth the $ or ?.

-a massive ps3 vs 360 discussion on BC... flaming galore.

completely unecessary and drags on for pages, a lot of the comments flaming.

- people name dropping others as fanboys here and there

ect.

most of it strays away from the topic discussion, is unecessary and contains flaming from both parties (sony users and microsoft users).

what about you start participating in the discussion

the discussion? jeeez what one? theres about 20 different discussions in here.

Finally did I aim my initial comment at you Rodrigo? Why take is personally then and explain your forum history and that you have no warnings blah blah:laugh:: My comments are aimed at those who fit into the "uneducated replies" category only.... those people know who they are...

Edited by Something Corporate

Um maybe you need to read the 10 pages. The initial post discusses the opinionated "ps3 too pricey" element and the shortages.

The shortages being a FACT, the console costing too much? Consumers opinion. That is NOT a fact. Many things in life are comparable feature wise but one of the two may cost more. It's not just with consoles. Therefore you have to ACCEPT that some people may think the PS3 is fairly priced.

Now enough of the above.

This topic is full of comments such as

- "but don't forget, the new year starts when Sony says so rofl.gif so 2007 might be a little late"

anything to do with topic or useless flaming?

This is obviously a joke based on the arrogant statement by Kutaragi. It made many people (including me) laugh so I would say it added positively to the thread.

- entropyx getting taken apart (his IQ questioned? jeeez oh...) for feeling the ps3 is worth the price.

as ive said some people may enjoy the package they are getting and feel its worth the $ or ?.

Some people may, but generally paying more for getting less is not a rational decision to make and it's normal to question such a decision.

-a massive ps3 vs 360 discussion on BC... flaming galore.

completely unecessary and drags on for pages, a lot of the comments flaming.

You can't have a discussion without two sides. You might as well get used to the fact that when there are two similar products, people will discuss them. PS3 vs. 360, Camaro vs. Mustang, Coke vs. Pepsi, and so on.

- people name dropping others as fanboys here and there

ect.

There are people on both camps that don't use and backing to their statements. You can classify them any way you'd like but at the end of the day it's the mod's job to take care of it so I wouldn't worry much over it. Report it if it bugs you so much.

most of it strays away from the topic discussion, is unecessary and contains flaming from both parties (sony users and microsoft users).

<snipped>

Well... if you actually took the time to read my post carefully you'd see that I was referring to the fact that you are only quoting and calling immature to people "bashing" the PS3. That's why I referred to the fact that X360 problems have nothing to do with PS3's ones (because those things have been brought to this discussion), so why don't you quote it or start talking about it?

I didn't take it as personal, I was just stating that not all the comments in the "10 pages" were just bashing (you even said only 5-6 were "generous" :rolleyes:) and while not every post fits in the "educated" category you are just throwing rocks into the crowd and expecting us (obviously the ones talking about PS3 mistakes) to not look back and keep walking. Please.

That's why I came here and replied. Nothing personal but you have to understand that you also made a very offtopic comment ("Heres to another 10 pages of senseless PS3 bashing!").

You talk about being uneducated but you are the first one to break in pieces and "blah blah blah". :rolleyes:

Well... if you actually took the time to read my post carefully you'd see that I was referring to the fact that you are only quoting and calling immature to people "bashing" the PS3. That's why I referred to the fact that X360 problems have nothing to do with PS3's ones (because those things have been brought to this discussion), so why don't you quote it or start talking about it?

I didn't take it as personal, I was just stating that not all the comments in the "10 pages" were just bashing (you even said only 5-6 were "generous" :rolleyes:) and while not every post fits in the "educated" category you are just throwing rocks into the crowd and expecting us (obviously the ones talking about PS3 mistakes) to not look back and keep walking. Please.

That's why I came here and replied. Nothing personal but you have to understand that you also made a very offtopic comment ("Heres to another 10 pages of senseless PS3 bashing!").

You talk about being uneducated but you are the first one to break in pieces and "blah blah blah". :rolleyes:

Right first of all my post "Post #144" is aimed at everyone not only any people bashing the PS3. If it comes across that way its not meant to. Take my words for it, its my post. Although to be honest the way the trend seems to fire off is someone posts a questionable comment about the PS3 (something that doesn't really have to be added) and anyone who likes the PS3 tends to go on the defence. Thats usually how it starts. Now if the comment posted about the PS3 is a fact or/and worthwhile criticism then anyone who goes on the defence should reply in the same mannor. That makes a worthwile discussion.

I know not everything is bashing and the 5-6 comment remark is clearly a joke :whistle:

"Expecting us" ?

Who does that cover? If its anyone posting educated replies then yes I expect you lot to keep walking. There is no need for you to even reply to me. I'm not moaning about you in the first place. I thought that was clear?

Yeah that comment could easily be retraced and it isn't really adding to any discussion that I do admit :yes:

Break in peaces? Not at all im still fully intact over here. :rolleyes:

Edited by Something Corporate

<snipped>

Uh so yeah, everything you say is expected to be taken as a joke but you have the nerve to quote people joking around and calling them bashers. That's what some of you guys usually come here and do. Call us stuff (You know what I mean, to "us", X360 supporters ;)) and then just say that you weren't saying it to us but only to uneducated people and they know who they are. They joke around, etc. and "OHHH TROLLS, BASHERS!" is the first thing to come out of your mouths but yeah, you can have the time to reply useless posts insiting to more useless replies (;)) and then just defending yourself that "it was a joke!" and not expect something back. So if it wasn't for me, no problem, as I haven't taken like personal or anything like that. Just a thread reply.

Anyway, that's all I have to say and I suppose I'll walk away. :) ;)

HAHAHA. :laugh: You actually took the time to pick only lines with problems. Yeah, the 360 got problems but at least it isn't being called a failure, mistake or buzzt almost everyday.

I still want to see the million shipped. 6 days left. :rofl:

:no: Wasn't talking about the PS3 failures, I know about them already you won't let them go. Was responding to the 360's failures when somebody said they didn't have any. Just going to prove that both have their problems, neither is perfect. But continue to miss the point and bash the PS3, MS didn't meet their goals either during their launch, neither did the Wii. Though I'm sure you "forgot" to mention that.

You actually took the time to pick only lines with problems.

What did you want me to do??? Post recipes of how to make chocolate chip cookies??? The guy said nobody was saying those things, he failed to read it so I summarized the problems for him. Though he thoughtfully failed to reply to that.

My point, all the consoles and all the manufacturers have their problems, only Sony's are being rammed down everybodies throats in their forum by a bunch of people who can't even stand Sony. Though I'm sure the trolls will claim that it's a "console" forum and it pertains to their gaming. That's why I'm off to tell Mac and Linux users how much their systems suck, cause I like computers.

:no: Wasn't talking about the PS3 failures, I know about them already you won't let them go. Was responding to the 360's failures when somebody said they didn't have any. Just going to prove that both have their problems, neither is perfect. But continue to miss the point and bash the PS3, MS didn't meet their goals either during their launch, neither did the Wii. Though I'm sure you "forgot" to mention that.

What did you want me to do??? Post recipes of how to make chocolate chip cookies??? The guy said nobody was saying those things, he failed to read it so I summarized the problems for him. Though he thoughtfully failed to reply to that.

My point, all the consoles and all the manufacturers have their problems, only Sony's are being rammed down everybodies throats in their forum by a bunch of people who can't even stand Sony. Though I'm sure the trolls will claim that it's a "console" forum and it pertains to their gaming. That's why I'm off to tell Mac and Linux users how much their systems suck, cause I like computers.

Did I say you were talking about PS3 failures? Because I can't really remember.

And I don't see why would I "forgot" something that has not been brought to the discussion. Alright, it got problems on the launch but tell me, did it cost $600? Did it only make 200,000 consoles in North America? I won't say more.

I said you should look around all the pages (or at least the first ones) to see they are not talking only about the problem of the fall update bricking their systems. Anyway, if it was a sumarize for that guy, that's cool.

Altough I don't disagree in the last part (the 360 even has problems today and sometimes I'm scared to update my console :p) I'm pretty sure there are topics about X360 problems somewhere in the Microsoft forum. and I don't see why I can't come here and talk about PS3 problems. Trolls or not you can always use the report button and the moderator will do his best effort.

LOL sundayx. :rofl:

I can't comment on the PS3 as i haven't played one yet, they haven't been released in the UK yet. However ive seen nothing appealing about the console yet.

I did get a PSP when they were first launched in the UK and if the PS3 is anything like that then i won't be getting one. The PSP is just collecting dust, the games are poor and thin on the ground and the UMD market has dried up completely.

They need to sort themselves out quickly as im drawing a lot of parrallels between the PSP and the PS3, such as the UMD and the bluray drive.

They need to generate some excitement and start pushing the PS3 a lot harder or everyone is just gonna sit on the fence waiting for a killer game to be released.

I don't know what has happened to sony, but it seems that the only department which works is the Sony Ericsson Phones

Whatever happens i hope that sony doesn't bow out too soon, the only way we will know what impact the PS3 has had is this time next year.

I think Sony could easily once again be the #1 console maker this generation. They've no question built the best console this generation, it's just a matter of getting the consoles out to the people who want them, maybe a price drop this time next year and all they need are 1-3 solid title games like Gran Turismo, Metal Gear, and Final Fantasy to roll out and were set.

Almost everyone I know who wants a PS3 can't get there hands on one, sooner or later these people will give in and buy another console. I'm going to be patient until March and if I don't find a PS3 by then, I'll go for a Wii or a 360.

The people who tried to flip and make money are now just trying to get rid of there PS3's or will return them, hopefully that means people who want the console will be able to get one. :)

Sony has the horsepower in the PS3, they just need to use it to there advantage. There's no way the PS3 will fail, there's a huge and loyal fanbase behind the Playstation brand.

Blu-Ray is the way to go IMO. (Y)

I have to admit that I didnt really like the PS3 at first but I bought one launch day to sell on ebay. I never got around to it and ended up opening it, and its actually a pretty sweet machine. Sure there are not very many good games out for it yet but it seems that all console launches are like that. Some of the demos on the Playstation Store are pretty sweet (Motorstorm is awesome!), and of course we will see FF, MGS, GT, etc. so I think its worth it in the long run, plus the Blu-Ray player is pretty nice too. If you asked me right now if you should buy one I would probably say no unless you want a (relatively) cheap Blu-Ray player, there are no great games right now and they need to improve the OS a little (background downloading please!) but in the next year I think we will see some pretty cool stuff on the PS3. For now it works fine as a PS2 for me (I never had a PS2 hehe). Overall I dont think it was a mistake it just needs some time.

PS3 is the biggest mistake ever in console devices

That's what I hear from all my friends :( and I was so excited about getting one. I guess I'll spend the money on a kicka__ video card for my pc instead.

For years, Sony kept the reputation, but now they are destroying the same reputation faster than anyone in the industry. As far as I remember, Sony is known to promise and not deliver when it comes to gaming console. I am glad that critics from all of the magazine and more are giving PS3 the rating it deserve. Sony can only turn this around in one way, by coming out with game with significant better quality than 360 and Wii. We'll have to wait and see what Sony has planned for 2007.

this threads just turning to dirt. People are getting abused for liking something that other neowin members don't... need to cut the crap out stop turning these threads a mud slinging debate and abuse forum. Just rubbish theres no point posting in consoles pretty much without getting abused if its not to do with a wii or 360. may as well just remove sony forum if this kinda rubbish carries on.