The PRE game fun...

Seems you guys are the only ones on the net talking about this so far, and seems to be related as your thread was on the first page of google results for "vanishingpointgame". Anyway, I just received a puzzle box from "Loki" from MS ... it has a USB key with the cipher on it. I've put it up on my site here ... I did the Rot -1 and -1 part, but still haven't figured out what exactly "shift one key left" means:

http://halowars.heavengames.com/key

shift one key left means the same as it did earlier, press the key to the left of it on your keyboard

comes out as iw4nttwinyou which you enter in the front page (with the countdown) and get the following message:

Check your sources to find

THe STaNDaRD

800-736-9085

That number asks you to enter your pin, i tried 5813 but it doesnt like it. It eventually says i am sorry i didnt hear you thank you for calling goodbye.

Edit: I tried saying 5813 with no response and when I try 5813# it says that extension is not recognized

Calling 800-736-9085 asks you to "enter your pin" and "check your source" -- the 'source' referring to the source code and the PIN number that was in there. Gonna enter it, see what happens.

you call it and it says "good, now enter your pin, and remember to check your source"

i tried putting in the 5813 from the source code of the page, and nothing happens...

:edit: by hitting ctrl+a on the puzzle page, there's a small area on the right hand side that shows up. so i copy and paste it into the address bar of ie, and i get 16:05:21:13:562 as the result....

My thoughts are there's lots of different codes you can put in, and finding this new one doesn't necessarily mean we should stop looking for the old one.

Am wondering what the PIN is though to enter when you call this number.

I tried the 215936162 number from that second page and it doesn't work either. I think since I am calling from a phone running windows mobile it should just give the pin to me :)

isnt it a bit suspicious that Neowin is the only community trying to solve this puzzle, AND that both breakthroughs result from hints from one post wonderers who just "happen" to run across this message board?

Oh and it mentions the Standard. Well the page passes XHTML 1.0 Transitional. Very rare for Microsoft.

Edited by Primexx

:edit: by hitting ctrl+a on the puzzle page, there's a small area on the right hand side that shows up. so i copy and paste it into the address bar of ie, and i get 16:05:21:13:562 as the result....

Isn't that just the time remaining?

We (Rob and me) believe there are multiple paths thought this puzzle, and the letter grid does not lead onto this latest part with the phone number, so we should still be working on both angles of the puzzle trying to get through it. The grid solution may lead us onto the next stage which we can tackle easier than the part we get to from the phone solution.

Yuo number doesnt work in Canada but did u guys living in america try PIN(746) 5813 as in 7465813 as the PIN or maybe another phone number. I think you guys should try that pin the ones that can actually get to the phone number. And wat is the standard all about?? EDIT try that too 1800 -746-5813 i get the same message when i dial it in canada as the other number som maybe its an actual # leading to the next clue

Edited by Aeschylus Maximus

Yuo number doesnt work in Canada but did u guys living in america try PIN(746) 5813 as in 7465813 as the PIN or maybe another phone number. I think you guys should try that pin the ones that can actually get to the phone number. And wat is the standard all about??

Its not 'the standard' its

THe STaNDaRD

When you're dealing with puzzles like this, the blantant capitalization in that way probably means something.

Yuo number doesnt work in Canada but did u guys living in america try PIN(746) 5813 as in 7465813 as the PIN or maybe another phone number. I think you guys should try that pin the ones that can actually get to the phone number. And wat is the standard all about??

Pin is 4 digits max. As soon as you enter 5 you get an error.

I'm pretty sure that the arrows on the Sudoku puzzle are greater than and less than symbols.

I have a feeling it's not a sudoku. In the case of a number > letter substitution anyway. The top left block contains two S's, and a sudoku cannot contain the same number twice in any block