The PRE game fun...

I was looking at the orginal Video and she was reading the History of Herodotus.

When Searching For PI and Loki and Lorelei I camae across this link;

http://www.womens-way.com/WEMS-5.pdf

Which states it is a guide through history of the lost goddess

Lorelei and Loki have various pages listed but are listed together at least on one page-Herodotus is also listed in this book and PI is also listed in here in regards to the numerical value and worshipping

Maybe somebody she look at the book she was looking at (which is available in Penguin classic books....)

I know pi is a mathematical ratio just like phi is (they are not the same number). I didn't know pi was associated with any worship. Did some search on Herodutus; didn't pursue further than the related histories of Persia (Iran).

would it be bad for me to suggest to archive this thread and start a new one??? after getting in to work an hour ago .. i've just read the last 20 pages... and we're at the same spot.. pretty much because people are restating the same thing over and over.

i dont meant to push anyone's buttons and dont meant ot be rude or anything .. but we should have something like a wiki.. on the first page of the thread ( like we do already) and have all the info that we have gathered there so far on it. Also writing that if the people are new to the game that they should read this thread first.

If it matters her LA flight is ON time from gate A7

I wonder if there's another mode of communication to seek out. There have been emails, phone calls and even faxes...so maybe post mail is next? Maybe the real end of the puzzle is track Loki down and say hi?

I wonder if there's another mode of communication to seek out. There have been emails, phone calls and even faxes...so maybe post mail is next? Maybe the real end of the puzzle is track Loki down and say hi?

already been done... she was at CES

Nope....already had tried calling "Pi" at both (314) 159-2654 and (314) 159-2653. Both will give you the standard "I'm sorry, this number is not in service" type message.

No Loki at those numbers.

would it be bad for me to suggest to archive this thread and start a new one??? after getting in to work an hour ago .. i've just read the last 20 pages... and we're at the same spot.. pretty much because people are restating the same thing over and over.

i dont meant to push anyone's buttons and dont meant ot be rude or anything .. but we should have something like a wiki.. on the first page of the thread ( like we do already) and have all the info that we have gathered there so far on it. Also writing that if the people are new to the game that they should read this thread first.

Um...we do have a Wiki just like you are talking about.

Please, let's just keep with this one thread and not set up multiple ones.

Um...we do have a Wiki just like you are talking about.

Please, let's just keep with this one thread and not set up multiple ones.

Agreed, however i would like to have the thread starter update the first page with all information so far...

Edit: PM sent to thread starter with request to compile information. This is up to Rob if he has the time to do this...

Agreed, however i would like to have the thread starter update the first page with all information so far...

Edit: PM sent to thread starter with request to compile information. This is up to Rob if he has the time to do this...

That's a good idea, of course (thanks for PM'ing Rob)...but maybe it would be good if he edited the top of that 1st thread email to point people to the VanishingPoint Wiki as well. That way, if someone didn't want to trudge through all the pages of this thread, they could catch up on the Wiki and then jump to say the last 10 pages here.

Having caught up 15 pages since my last post... WOW

Congrats SuperRob, I really didn't expect a phone call...

The poor staff at MS having every second phone asking for Loki must be making them happy staffers ;)

Have also tried the WLM thing...

lokiwlmpy5.png

I think it would help Rob (or me if he doesn't have the time) if you could compile the information we need adding into there, and post it here / pm it to me or Rob, and we can just throw it in, to save US from having to trawl through all the pages :p

Seriously though, it's amazing watching you guys work, and I have trouble keeping up with, and track of, all the things you keep finding.

Vanishing Point is a Microsoft/AMD project to celebrate the release of Windows Vista and Office 2007, that is why all the prizes involce AMD powerd computers etc

I guess I don't understand what AMD gets out of this. Why AMD? Why not Intel? I don't see a real connection between MS and AMD.

Hey, I don't remember seeing anything about this (please forgive me for not reviewing 190 pages of dialogue) but on the AMD homepage there's a black box with the following characters:

rpf6ncada34wget32-84

kvezz1x6cfp0egnyvm32

z3o6qj-o3ddwn3;u-loe

Was this something preliminary that we're past or is it something new? Again, forgive me if this has been discussedNevermind - just looked at the first post.

Has anyone else gotten a phone call with five beeps? It may have nothing to do with the game, but the whole five thing makes me wonder. I was out of the office yesterday. Upon my return today, I checked my messages and there was a message that was left that simply played five beeps. They were longer beeps, perhaps just shy of a second in length and they were about 2 seconds apart.

I'm just curious if anyone else has gotten this phone call or if I'm just becoming so caught up in this game that I am reading too much into things.

Enjoy,

McP

Hey - checked the (possible fake) lokivanishes.com site again. It says "loki is right in front of you-split your monitor and find her there"

Don't know how to split my monitor or if this is even legit - just thought I'd let everyone know

loreley/lorelei/murmuring rock has loads of filtered results if you do a microsoft search for them, or even a live search on microsoft.com... so there must be some pages with loreley on them, google hasn't picked them up though so its evidently recent...

also, look at box 3... the text "memories fade" has quick flashes some text and says "people disappear" (which is the text for week 4) very briefly... don't know what it means if anything, but its a bit strange. it might help someone out...

edit: if you don't know how to do a live search for just microsoft.com, just put this in: "site:microsoft.com loreley". the same query works for google, but live has way more filtered results.

Hey - checked the (possible fake) lokivanishes.com site again. It says "loki is right in front of you-split your monitor and find her there"

Don't know how to split my monitor or if this is even legit - just thought I'd let everyone know

Nice! Looking for video overlay.

Nice! Looking for video overlay.

I literally split my screen and didn't get any results (downloaded a program called split screen). I don't know enough about programming to do anything more...

How was the first box unlocked? Does someone have to receive a real wooden box, solve the code and then it'll unlock? I kinda get how it works after the box is open but not sure what to do before that.