Scalpers returning PS3s to stores

Serves him right. Buy the systems and sell them. Its not worth it. :(

Wii's on the other hand.. its a hot item to get this christmas year. The smart scalper could of stocked up on wii's. ah well, Scalping sucks hardcore :s.

Neztea

the ps3 has been out for over a month. if people got it from initial launch day (like the guy in the story) they could've sold it for a few thousand that first week. instead they wait and then bitch when they luck out. who ever is still trying to sell a ps3 they got from launch day needs to just quit while they've ahead cause they suck at selling.

They are losers...I would have kept it and donwloaded GTHD. :p

Sure. Yea. A scalper that didn't want the system in the first is going to download a tech demo and blow his $600.

i bought about 5 360's in the course of 3 months when it was launched, keeping 1 for myself and selling all the others.. i made about $600 (so, $1000 total) on the one i got launch day even after i opened it and played it for a week.. then i sold the other 3 as soon as i got them, and altogether i made about $2300 from the 4 of them.. and we're talking into the beginning of feb even.. so i think it's ironically funny that the ps3 can't sell for profit for after a month.. sure the stores are out of them, not b/c they're "popular" but simply coz there aint enough to go around for the loons who actually think they're good (and worth the price)

Serves him right. Buy the systems and sell them. Its not worth it. :(

Wii's on the other hand.. its a hot item to get this christmas year. The smart scalper could of stocked up on wii's. ah well, Scalping sucks hardcore :s.

Neztea

Correction: A scalper with some sort of impossible insight should've stocked up on Wiis. There was really no way of knowing that Wiis would be going for double+ their retail price on ebay. Before everyone started reselling, I figured as much as everyone else that PS3s would have a bigger profit margin, and they did to begin with.

But: As time passed & christmas grew closer & closer, Wiis got more expensive and were going for anywhere from 450-700 dollars (I personally sold my like-new in box(because I was pretty bored by the selection of Wii games, and the novelty of the system wore off) on ebay for 490 shipped.).

Also.. I'd hardly call a scalper an entrepreneur.

Im sorry but i hope people like that go to **** :angry:. ****es me off sooooooo much to see people do that. Even though lets say the PS3 is not that great compared to 360, some kid would like it and i feel wrong for people to do this :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

It is frustraighting that people are able to do this, When the guy behind him in the que might actually want the console for himself or his kids at Xmas. Personally I'd have to restrain myself if I'd qued for days only to have the last console go to some prick in front who would just sell it on ebay.

Unfortunately its one of the drawbacks of capitalism and there's not much we can do about it.

That said, if you really want a console at launch you should have preordered long ago.

Im sorry but i hope people like that go to **** :angry:. ****es me off sooooooo much to see people do that. Even though lets say the PS3 is not that great compared to 360, some kid would like it and i feel wrong for people to do this :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

ditto, even though I'm not really that ****ed =P but it serves them right, there're some kids that probably just got enough money to line up at launch and a loser buy all the systems infront of him and sell them off ebay, sure the people who actually buys them for 200bucks more are also to blamed though.

The concept of paying more than retail is just silly. You can laugh at the stupid sellers if you like but it is the buyers of these scalped items that really have the problem.

So the returned PS3's count as used? What is the price of a used PS3?
Chances are they were returned unopened. They store will resell them as new. If they were traded in, however, then the person lost a lot of money.

PS3 failed miserably mainly because of its extremely high price (over $500 for a console is ridiculous) and lack of good games.

LOL, it's only been out for a month and your saying it failed already

Sony has shipment issues, apprently that won't be in issue in 2007.

I agree the games are kinda crap at launch, but many good ones are coming out in March.

The real winners are the people in Europe who want the PS3 as it comes out in March, the people in Japan and North America got it early but didn't get it good when they first got it. Well see what happens in the next year or two. By then all 3 consoles will be matured by then.