Acer Recovery Fails on me...

I got a new laptop yesterday (Acer Aspire AS5102WLMi AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-50(1.60GHz) 15.4" Wide XGA 1GB 120GB DVD Super Multi ATI Radeon Xpress 1100 Integrated NoteBook)

Anyway after turning the laptop on I had to make a dvd recovery disc, so I did that.

After that I installed partitionmagic to delete a partition and convert the disk from fat32 to ntfs, i managed to delete the partition but converting to ntfs wouldnt work, in partitionmagic i noticed theres another small partion that was called PQ something so I deleted that also then after a restart I got an error telling me some file was missing, then I put the recovery cd in to reinstall everything. The recovery only gave me an error telling me it was unable to format so I popped in an xp cd and formatted it all and converted to ntfs.

After this I put in the recovery cd and started recovering but it keeps on failing on me and giving me this error: Restore failed! Reason: 0xf0000005

I tried 5 times already and still the same thing, first 2 times it failed on 54% then I took out the cd and cleaned it, it went up to 65% the next 3 times, just wont go any further!!

How can I get this thing to work??? ITS A BRAND NEW LAPTOP and the recovery dvd doesnt have any scratches on it at all!! this is annoying

What else can I do? Maybe install xp pro but then I would be missing all the needed drivers for this laptop.. :(

Edited by Chmura

My guess is the little partition you deleted was needed for the recovery disc to operate properly and now that it's gone you're getting an error. You should be able to just clean install Windows XP and download whatever drivers you need from the laptops web site support?

Was that partition, named PQService?

That's Acer's service partition.

Needed for recovery (didn't know it was also needed when using the recovery media, but this sure looks like it...)

Was that partition, named PQService?

That's Acer's service partition.

Needed for recovery (didn't know it was also needed when using the recovery media, but this sure looks like it...)

yeah that was it, i just installed xp pro last night and downloaded all the acer drivers from their website, everything works fine

i thought the pq stood for powerquest and was part of powerquest partitionmagic lol