Sony PSP PSX emulator cracked.

Wait so us 3.03 users can't downgrade?

If your firmware is 2.80 or below not 2.81 or 2.82

you can downgrade as of 2 days ago....

You must be at or downgrade to 1.50

enough said on that this info is 100% correct....

*** you should all know that this is a firmware replacement!!!

This is not a devhook or devmode a.k.a a software exploit, this is a hardware juex | prior to this release Alex's work is a software exploit

k? got it? good =)

Yeah? :huh: :pinch: :cry:

Would never of known something like that, cheers. Might just try to pick up a vanilla PSP off ebay and buy a mem stick seperately :yes:

Yes i bought a memory stick on ebay and it showed up as being able to hold 1950mb on my psp but when copying files to it i got an out of space error and it only held about 1gb.

after you install the firmware, can you just upload the iso to the psp and play or is there some kind of modding of the iso to get it to work?

From what I've read there is a little work to be done at the moment. You need a copy of hot shots golf (obtained in the PS store or otherwise :shiftyninja: ) and you need to use some file from it or something.

*Scrub the above

Good guide on how to play the games

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47121

after you install the firmware, can you just upload the iso to the psp and play or is there some kind of modding of the iso to get it to work?

You need to download the converter and download the keys.bin file from a game you bought from the playstation store or aquired elsewhere, that converts the ISO to a PSP Eboot file, other than that you just stick it in the game folder on your memory stick and play away.

With 2.7 and 2.8 you need someone with a 1.5 PSP and a copy of GTA Liberty City Stories, the one that is exploitable, once Sony sussed how people were exploiting they released another version of the same game with the patched exploit.

no you don't. The original 2.5/2.6 downgrader needed someone with a 1.5 PSP and GTA, but with the 2.71 downgrader, all you need is the downgrader, and the 1.50 eboot. For 2.8, its more complicated, but it can still all be done using your own PSP. (actually, I think there is an "easy" downgrader for 2.8 now, which makes it a bit less complicated - as with the orignal release, there were no checks run by the downgrader, so it would be easy top brick).

and yep, you need to be careful about fake memory sticks. My advice is to always go with the SanDisk ones as their less often faked (and often cheaper than the offical sony ones).

I even read about upcoming N64 emulation. MMmmmmm orcarina of time! Sorry if this is old news to everyone :rofl: But I've never really looked into the PSP scene.

How would N64 emulation work? PSP is missing 3 buttons.

Question: since these games run off ISOs on the Memory Stick, shouldn't battery life be much better than on PSP games? I mean it won't have to read the optical disk, which is the biggest battery hog I believe.

You got it. UMD access is minimal, I can't quote how long I get out of my PSP running of Memory Stick but it surely seems fairly long to me..

It's so much nicer though, having played GTA:LCS on UMD on Memory Stick, loading times is such a difference.

I look forward to trying out some old classics from PS1! :)

How would N64 emulation work? PSP is missing 3 buttons.

Come to think of it, how does PS1 emulation work? The PSP is missing L2 and R2 buttons and an analog stick - how do you use these?

The original PS1 controller had no analog sticks, it was about the time of GT2, that Sony announced the *ahem* Dual Shock (yes we had rumble on Playstation then) analogue controller. The PSP in the main will work very nicely with games on PS1, so long as it didn't require dual analogue sticks (which would be the late PS1 titles).

You can set different button configs by pressing the home button when your in a game.

You can set it to use the D pad or analouge stics for the L2 and R2 buttons (left would be L2, right R2 and up would be both). I dunno how games that use the analogue sticks work though

Quick question: Do these things work for TA-082 PSP's or has that still not been cracked?

You're in luck, its just been cracked today :D A matter of hours ago to be exact.

I love it.

dsc00909ee2.th.jpg

Just started playing Destruction Derby 2, why hasn't that been made for the PSP!?

argh why does your GT1 work ? i tried ripping the original CD, albeit a PAL one, but it doesn't work. :(

argh why does your GT1 work ? i tried ripping the original CD, albeit a PAL one, but it doesn't work. :(

So long as you own the game I believe it wouldn't be illegal for you to download it for use on your PSP from...places where you get these things (won't mention since its against rules hehe).

You know the great thing is that you can go to the flea market and get PS1 games for like a buck. And aquiring them by other means is also considerably easier because they were CD based.... And I think the PS2 library is somewhat underrated.... Sony should have gotten this working somehow a long time ago....

Seems nowadays people like Microsoft and Sony really love emulation, so long as it's not being done by a guy named Randy Linden...

i cant find out how to start this whole process. do i need to be at 1.50 and then update to this firmware? this firmware is super tiny is that all i need or is there something before that? ... so confused -_-

Maximum you can be is 2.8 isn't it? Thought there was a 2.80 downgrader. I know there's a 2.71 downgrader and as of today TA-082 is cracked thanks to Dark_Alex.

I made a quick video of the PSX stuff in action. There's tonnes of videos out there but I thought I'd add to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-rpyiD471A

Error at the end is because there's no UMD in the drive, I'd just taken Ridge Racers 2 out.

post-2629-1167256718_thumb.jpg

Maximum you can be is 2.8 isn't it? Thought there was a 2.80 downgrader. I know there's a 2.71 downgrader and as of today TA-082 is cracked thanks to Dark_Alex.

I made a quick video of the PSX stuff in action. There's tonnes of videos out there but I thought I'd add to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-rpyiD471A

Error at the end is because there's no UMD in the drive, I'd just taken Ridge Racers 2 out.

Nice job! How'd you get the background images to appear like that? I haven't had a PSP for quite some time so maybe there's methods?