Sony PSP PSX emulator cracked.

Well, you can always go back to 1.50 using the recovery options of OE.

I havent tried Devhook with OE, Im just hoping that a 3.00 downgrader comes out soon so I can have this firmware on both our machines.

i dont want to install this 3.02OE i love 1.5 too much, i wonder if DH can emulate 3.02OE?

No you cant, it requires to be flashed.

3.02-OE does everything 1.5 does, put all your 1.5 homebrew into the 1.5 folder that it creates on the memory stick and you have all the features that 1.5 did, with all the bonuses that 3.02 has like being able to play your own PS1 games.

Not that i condone warez but if you are too bothered about not being able to run devhook the firmware has it built into it so you can run your "backed up" games from the memory stick without the need for devhook.

It even uses 1.5 bootloader so if you ever brick your PSP you can load the recovery software and reflash it.

1.5 is obsolete, 3.02-OE is the way to go.

3.02-OE does everything 1.5 does, put all your 1.5 homebrew into the 1.5 folder that it creates on the memory stick and you have all the features that 1.5 did, with all the bonuses that 3.02 has like being able to play your own PS1 games.

Not that i condone warez but if you are too bothered about not being able to run devhook the firmware has it built into it so you can run your "backed up" games from the memory stick without the need for devhook.

It even uses 1.5 bootloader so if you ever brick your PSP you can load the recovery software and reflash it.

Well said :yes:

From what I've read on some other forums 3.02-OE completely wipes the floor with 1.5 overall.

Can't wait for my PSP to get here. Don't think it will be delivered till Tuesday though as I doubt TNT work on new years day heh :cry:

I re-flashed my PSP yesterday to 3.02-OE :)

Also flashed my mates TA-082 to 1.50 and then to 3.02-OE.

Nothing beats Final Fantasy VII on a PSP :) - Shame i only have the PAL versions and the PAL to NTSC converter just doesn't work at all.

There is a 2.80 downgrader but it is very experimental if done wrong... unlike Dark_Alex's downgraders which have a certain degree of safety with it.

3.02-OE is the way to go as you can always go back to 1.50 if you wanted anyway.

Shame i only have the PAL versions and the PAL to NTSC converter just doesn't work at all.

There is one that works, 100%. I'll need to ask my mate what he used again but he's playing FF7 pal which has been converted to NTSC no problem!

Last time I spoke to him he'd just killed off the boss that chases you on motorbike when escaping from the shinra building!

There is one that works, 100%. I'll need to ask my mate what he used again but he's playing FF7 pal which has been converted to NTSC no problem!

Last time I spoke to him he'd just killed off the boss that chases you on motorbike when escaping from the shinra building!

Cool, the one i got was a bit long winded, all it did was basically change the PAL screen position to NTSC. It didn't crash or anything just loaded a black screen.

Cool, the one i got was a bit long winded, all it did was basically change the PAL screen position to NTSC. It didn't crash or anything just loaded a black screen.

You can get one here that works!

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47237

I think you need to register to download attachments though, not sure.

Cheers, i'll give it a try. The last app i tried had this Zapp program in it along with a couple of others. Hope it works :)

Edit: Doesn't work again, does the same thing the other program did. Just shows a black screen... weird thing is that it creates the save file so it must recognise it. Trying this with the retail PAL version of FFVII not the platinum disc.

Edited by Lingwo

i dno i feel as if i have a sence of security with 1.5, knowing that everything runs on it, im going to buy a new PSP to mess about with ill bang 3.02OE on that one, im pretty sure though you can emulate it ill have another ponder in the MC forums or @ PSPU.

i dno i feel as if i have a sence of security with 1.5, knowing that everything runs on it, im going to buy a new PSP to mess about with ill bang 3.02OE on that one, im pretty sure though you can emulate it ill have another ponder in the MC forums or @ PSPU.

You can go back to 1.5 easily.

www.dcemu.co.uk (site seems down just now) has some good forums for chat about the new firmware. It's pretty much been proven that 3.02OE is far better than 1.5.

Just your loss if you dont upgrade really :rofl:

Thats the thing though it has compatibility for 1.5 apps, other than devhook which is built into the firmware anyway, ive not read a single report of homebrew not working.

Plus as Corporate said you can easily downgrade back to 1.5.

You cant emulate 3.02-OE, you HAVE to flash it.

Sorry for the double post but i just upgraded to 3.02-OE B firmware and have been having more fun with PS1 games than i ever have with certain PSP games, hats off to Sony.

Now get working on that PS2 emulator ;)

im still not 100% sure, im gna keep my 1.5 psp, its been 1.5 all its life never upgraded or downgraded. Gna buy a new one becoz TA-082 boards can be downgraded not sure about upfraded to the OE version but we will see, deffos want to play this PS1 emu.

I dont see what the problem is, you can always downgrade to 1.5 if you dont like or want to keep 3.02, i can see all homebrew from now on being made for 3.02 in mind, 3.02 is just.......better.

im still not 100% sure, im gna keep my 1.5 psp, its been 1.5 all its life never upgraded or downgraded. Gna buy a new one becoz TA-082 boards can be downgraded not sure about upfraded to the OE version but we will see, deffos want to play this PS1 emu.

I downgraded/upgraded my mates TA-082 PSP to 3.02 OE-B.

btw you can install 3.02 OE-B on your PSP and then if you wanted to go back you just use the recovery mode to go back to 1.50.

btw you can install 3.02 OE-B on your PSP and then if you wanted to go back you just use the recovery mode to go back to 1.50.

Very true. I'm also guessing once hes on 3.02 OE-B theres absolutely no way he'll even want to go back to 1.5 :yes:

Hmm..I don't want to start a new thread since you guys can probably just answer here. A friend of mine has a 1.5 PSP and he has been dying to sell it to me for quite some time. I've never taken up the offer since I wasn't really interested. With the PSX emulator being cracked, however, and a very large amount of PSX games being posted on the internet for the PSP (don't call me a pirate, hehe, I own all of the games I intend to download), I am now tempted to purchase it. Luckily, he has been smart enough not to upgrade his firmware (but too lazy to do anything with it, hehe). I was wondering, if I get it, what would be the steps to get the PSX games up and running?

Scenario: I have a 1.5 PSP, a 2Gb Memory Stick, and a plethora of PSX games I have on my PC (downloads of those games which I own). What would I do then? I mean I have tried a few websites, but they all speak as if I know what they're talking about :p It's all very "look for Dark Alex's pack, load Devhook" and stuff..I don't know about any of it :p any help?

Could someone help me with this, i can't seem to get Gran Turismo [PAL] working, although i've seen numerous pictures of it running on the PSP.

I have the original disc, and ripped it directly to an ISO, which has left me with an image 572 MB (600,719,360 bytes) in size.

When it is made into the EBOOT, it uses 574 MB (602,112,417 bytes) of space, and it doesnt show anything on the screen, the Sony Playstation logo doesnt even show it just shows a black screen, and nothing else..

It doesnt freeze the PSP, but nothing happens, any ideas ? :wacko:

To be honest mate, I have both Gran Turismo and Gran Turismo 2 in PAL, but after reading about PAL issues, I simply downloaded both in NTSC formats. I don't feel no shame or guilt in downloading titles I already own... Maybe you should do the same?

All I can say is badass, I just updated my PSP to the 3.02 OE-B firmware, I haven't tried any PSX games yet, but I will when I get home from work.

Could someone help me with this, i can't seem to get Gran Turismo [PAL] working, although i've seen numerous pictures of it running on the PSP.

I have the original disc, and ripped it directly to an ISO, which has left me with an image 572 MB (600,719,360 bytes) in size.

When it is made into the EBOOT, it uses 574 MB (602,112,417 bytes) of space, and it doesnt show anything on the screen, the Sony Playstation logo doesnt even show it just shows a black screen, and nothing else..

It doesnt freeze the PSP, but nothing happens, any ideas ? :wacko:

If you go back a page there is a link to a PAL to NTSC converter, i can't get it to work but alot of people say it works... so give it a try. Also you might want to try PSX2PSP popstation GUI, it has a built in PAL2NTSC converter, also will edit the eboot so you don't overwrite your save games and edit the title so it is no longer hot shots 2 :p

I got mine working today after plucking the courage to spend so much on the overly priced sony memory sticks, got FF7,9 and Vagrants Story working like a charm and can't wait to try more.

Oh and a newer version was released yesterday , version A :)

Edited by .KICK

I got mine working today after plucking the courage to spend so much on the overly priced sony memory sticks, got FF7,9 and Vagrants Story working like a charm and can't wait to try more.

Oh and a newer version was released yesterday , version A :)

Yup looks like its time to re-do those games! The new version supports compression. Works wonders to save space on your mem card!